We really enjoyed our time at this hotel. The mainly young Dutch staff were very helpful and friendly and nothing was too much trouble. We email’d them in advance and they arranged for a taxi to collect us from the airport and on arrival gave us a free tourist information book that proved very useful during our stay (much better than those I’d bought on the web in advance!). The hotel food was always cooked and presented nicely and represented good value for money but the hotel is also well positioned for several other nice restaurants within walking distance. We had been planning to rent a car but found the local minibus services so frequent from the main bus terminus (a 10mins walk from the hotel) and inexpensive that on the days we weren’t diving we caught one of these to and from the Mambo/Sea Aquarium beach. We extensively used the hotel Dive shop as we had chosen Curacao for the scuba diving. Their team were knowledgeable about the dive sites and professional and friendly with their guided dives. We were joined on some dives by others whose hotel dive shops didn’t go to other reefs other than those close by whereas the scuba lodge will transport you around the island to the various dive spots. If you want to dive in Curacao then this is definitely the place to stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Scubalodge is the premier ocean front boutique hotel in Curacao. Made of in total 5 monumental buildings, every room and apartment are different! And so is the staff! With a very relaxed and personal atmosphere guests are like staying with friends! Relax in one of the two swimming pools, in the ocean in our house riff and enjoy a cocktail at the Ocean Bar. Scubalodge has a PADI Dive School and shop and the well known breakfast basket and weekly barbecue! Laid in the "quartier Latin" of Curacao, many restaurants and bars are walking distance, as is the city centre, the cruise terminal and all musea and shopping center. Explore the real Curacao in Otrabanda, the "pontjes brug" and the fruit and local market. Or take your rental car and explore the Island and all of its 70 beaches!!! Scubalodge, welcome! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Scuba Lodge & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Scuba Lodge And Suites
- The Scuba Hotel Willemstad
- Scuba Lodge & Suites Curacao/Willemstad