My family stayed in the ground floor Blue Two Bedroom Suite and it was perfect for us. The suite is large, two good double bed rooms each with en suite bathroom, an additional toilet off the corridor, a full kitchen with spacious seating area, and a private patio with dining table and lounger. Step off the patio into a sandy area where the waves crash against the sea wall; three steps up to the gorgeously appointed infinity pool looking out over the south Caribbean Sea towards Venezuela (just beyond the horizon). The place is kept spotlessly clean.
The atmosphere is friendly and relaxed; all the staff who are young Dutch men & women speak excellent English; the cleaning staff are locals, friendly & efficient. Curacao itself is a great place for a relaxing Caribbean vacation, especially if you either a) want to scuba dive, or b) don't want to be crushed shoulder-to-shoulder with other tourists. This island has a scruffy, untouristy edge to it, which personally I like. We hired a car from a local agency via Scuba Lodge and drove to a different beach every day along the south-west coast -- some larger, some tiny coves, but all with great snorkeling, sand and sparklingly clear warm waters.
Scuba Lodge has a good restaurant too (although we arrived just too late and left just too early to try their popular Thursday Night Barbecue). Overall, I would recommend this hotel and hope to return there one day!
- Also Known As:
- The Scuba Hotel
- The Scuba Lodge And Suites
- The Scuba Hotel Willemstad
- Scuba Lodge & Suites Curacao/Willemstad
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Scubalodge is the premier ocean front boutique hotel in Curacao. Made of in total 5 monumental buildings, every room and apartment are different! And so is the staff! With a very relaxed and personal atmosphere guests are like staying with friends! Relax in one of the two swimming pools, in the ocean in our house riff and enjoy a cocktail at the Ocean Bar. Scubalodge has a PADI Dive School and shop and the well known breakfast basket and weekly barbecue! Laid in the "quartier Latin" of Curacao, many restaurants and bars are walking distance, as is the city centre, the cruise terminal and all musea and shopping center. Explore the real Curacao in Otrabanda, the "pontjes brug" and the fruit and local market. Or take your rental car and explore the Island and all of its 70 beaches!!! Scubalodge, welcome! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Venere so you can book your Scuba Lodge & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.