3 burglaries in one month, unsafe electricity, bad cleaning, and not homy. That is the summary when we think back to the Dolphin Heart House on Curacao. We wish others a happy en untroubled holiday, en recommend to look a bit further for other accommodations.
A short list of some of our disappointments:
- De studio is a bit TOO scarse: nothing on the walls, mouldy kitchen cabinets, mouldy bed sheets, moist bathroom and incomplete inventory
- No cleaning materials, but enough vermin (like a lot of ants). When we left it was cleaner than when we arrived… because we cleaned it.
- The stairs to sea is been broken. The way it has been ‘fixed’ is very unsafe and clumsy, we didn’t dare using it., neither did our neighbours. Too bad, because it was an important charm of the house, and reason to rent it. Apparently the sign ‘use at own risk’ is there for a reason.
- Electricity problems; the ground fault switch kept switching off. Unfortunate when you have a full freezer and fridge. In stead of repairing the cause of the disorder, the ground fault switch was taken out. Later that week a transformator melted (which was in our studio 2 days before), with luck without severe consequences.
- Complete lack of understanding by the owners after the burglary, en no compensation of the extra costs after we decided to leave, to finish our holiday on a safe and untroubled location, with better burglary prevention (like a window-frame that is attached with more than 4 little screws – see photo)
The positive sides of the Dolphin Heart House are the view and the tranquillity. That’s it. The booking agency ‘Klein en Sfeervol’ (Little and Cosy), can better change it’s name in Klein (‘Little’), because cosy had nothing to do with the inside of the studios.
But if you want to enjoy your holiday in the same area, we would recommend Bahia Apartments, in the same street (it’s where we ended up after we ran away from the Dolphin Heart House, accepting double expenses). Nice apartments, good view and great service, for the same price. And even better: it’s safe.
Have an untroubled holiday, and DON’T book at the Dolphin Heart House!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DolphinHeartHouse is a Unique OceanFront AccomodationExperience the peace and beauty of simply magical sunsets and impressive Caribbean night starry skies.Be enchanted by the waves and the sound of the Caribbean Sea in all her colorful beauty....and perhaps (the) Dolphins passing by. Dolphin Heart House is a free-standing house located directly Oceanfront at the Caribbean Sea Coast in the idyllic and authentic fishing village 'Lagun'.It's the perfect location for those seeking peace and rest (stillness) in a natural environment, far away from everyday hectic living. The Dolphin Heart house comprises of the Main House, suitable for six to seven persons and 2 studio's each suitable for 2 persons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your DolphinHeart House Accomodations reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- DolphinHeart House Accomodations Curacao/Willemstad