We stayed at Baoase in early April 2014. We occupied the ocean-front villa, and found it very much to our liking. The rooms were very nice, there was a nice kitchen area and even a loft dining/gaming area. Most of our time was spent in the lanai (outdoor living area), which consisted of a dining set and a living area with couch, chairs and coffee table. We could literally walk down steps from the lanai into the "infinity" pool.
All in all, very comfortable, very relaxing. The staff were pleasant and helpful, and did their best to make us comfortable.
Our only disappointment was the restaurant. Breakfast was great, and included in the price. But lunch and dinner were extremely expensive for what you got. (We chose Baoase in part because of the chef's reputation.) Frankly, we didn't think the food was that great, and after the second day we started looking for alternatives. That's when we discovered The Wine Cellar (see my review of that elsewhere on this site).
I also have to mention the following incident. The hotel's marketing staff invited us for a free drink at the bar, where they asked our opinion of Baoase. We were candid, discussing the good (most of it) and the not so good (see above). We said we were a little disappointed in the restaurant, and mentioned that the owner of The Wine Cellar went out of his way to make his guests feel welcome, appearing tableside to chat and answer questions and make recommendations. Well, these marketing folks apparently lit a fire under the Baoase chef to follow suit, for he appeared at our table that night (we decided to try dinner there again), trying to be friendly but perhaps not comfortable in the role of congenial host. But later on one of the servers, in clearing away plates, actually spilled the contents of a plate all over me — without much of an apology, mind you — and I had to wonder if this was due to some resentment on the part of the wait staff for our candor with the marketing people. We are generous tippers, and I hate to stiff anybody, but that night I did.
Still, except for the restaurant in general and that one incident in particular, we thought it an excellent week's stay. Not the Four Seasons Maui, but quite good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled amidst tropical gardens on the pristine waters of the Caribbean Sea, Baoase Luxury Resort in Curacao, is the ultimate island retreat! Named to the 2010 Hot List by Conde Nast Traveler, and Winner of the 2011 Travelers Choice award from Tripadvisor for Top 10 hotels for Romance in the Caribbean and Mexico, Baoase is an unforgettable experience that promises total relaxation, luxurious comfort, and impeccable service. This stunning brand new resort is surrounded by meandering free form pools, waterfalls, swaying palms and an idyllic private beach. Reflecting the qualities of an elegant home, the residential style villas and suites at Baoase are decorated in a refined Asian style and provide a relaxing ambiance complete with modern amenities. Villas and Suites also offer free connection to wireless internet and all indoor areas are air-conditioned whereas the porch has ceiling fans. Suites feature a spacious balcony/terrace with stunning sea view, each has its private garden with Jacuzzi. The interior design and its facilities are unique. Furthermore they boast a flat screen TV, DVD and Dolby surround system, coffeemaker, mini fridge, and wireless internet. The Master Villa is the Baoase's top accommodation. It comes with views that reach all the way to the buildings of downtown Willemstad, Curacao's capital. The villa also has its own private infinity pool, complete with a "luxury cave" that includes a Jacuzzi, a bar and card table and a relaxation area. Also included in the Master Villa is a chef, butler and the use of a private beach. From water sports to sailing, diving or fishing excursions, your every request will be taken in to consideration to help make your vacation the most memorable. Baoase luxury Resort will surely bring Heaven to Earth. . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Baoase Luxury Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baoase Luxury Hotel Willemstad
- Baoase Luxury Resort Curacao/Willemstad