“Five Star Luxury” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 29 Hotels in Willemstad
Barbados
“Five Star Luxury”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

This is one of the most lovely resorts that we have visited in the Caribbean. It is luxurious in an Asian/Caribbean way. The decor is modern with Indonesian influences. Our two storey villa was well appointed with a lovely pool running the length of the villa.
The Beach Butlers were amazing, always close by to bring you a towel, cocktail or whatever you may need. Around 4:00 they would appear with a tray of appetizers. One day tempura shrimp, another day beef skewers...etc...so YUMMY!
We did dine in one evening and three of the four dinners were superb, one was good. Breakfast has a vast array of choices, the pastries and breads are fabulous.
We did have a couple of maintenance and housekeeping concerns which were addressed quickly.
The beach is beautiful and at night is lit with small fire pots.
This is the height of casual luxury with excellent service.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Barbados
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

We spent five days at Baoase Luxury Resort and thoroughly enjoyed the exceptional beachfront, beautiful villa, and super staff. After a few initial hiccups related to maintenance in the villa (fan not working in upper bedroom, several burned out light bulbs, safe missing in one bedroom) we were most impressed with the efforts of everyone on property to make our stay there absolutely amazing. They were always there to meet our requests and rectify any problems we encountered. We toured the island and did a snorkelling expedition with Carlos and enjoyed both. Be sure you're aware of the total costs when you sign up to avoid rather costly surprises. This is one of the loveliest resorts we have found in the Caribbean and I would recommend it highly to anyone looking for luxury.

Room Tip: If travelling with another couple I would highly recommend the two bedroom villa which was absolutel...
Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Hi again tripadvisors readers......I am writing to let you know that we have had today the most magical moments ever lived before.
Baoase Resort is a hidden paradise where white sandy beaches meet luxury. It is surrounded by blue waters and an exotic atmosphere. We spent the day relaxing at the beach, sunbathing while Jean Pierre, served as with kindness and extreme pleasure. He made us feel comfortable and cared all the time.
Included in the fee are different kinds of beachbites you'll enjoy very much .
A fantastic experience we'll live again when visiting the island again.... We strongly recommend it.

Room Tip: Strongly recommended.. Ask for Jean Pierre to serve on you. He is a great guy. !!
Bethlehem PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I'll preface this review by saying that my impressions of the resort were colored somewhat by the inexplicable problems my partner and I encountered prior to our actual arrival. The short version of the story is that we had to move our original reservation up by a week, and only through a LOT of back-and-forth on the phone and via email were we able to accomplish booking a room for our new arrival dates. Purely by chance, we decided to stop by the Baoase one day before our scheduled check-in, and we were flabbergasted to discover that in spite of all the communication, the internal reservations system had not been updated to reflect our new dates (our old ones were still in there). Alarmed, we pulled up all the email correspondence to show to the manager on duty, who informed us that as the final email from his colleague did NOT explicitly state our check-in date (because, of course, we had arranged THAT on the phone with the resort), he was unable to say whether or not we could actually procure a room for our stay. Fortunately, everything was resolved by the time we arrived. The room we stayed in was the deluxe colonial room, located just above the manager's office. It was gorgeous, if a little noisy (from noise outside the resort), and since we weren't planning to spend much time in the room anyway, it suited our needs. The beach is beautiful, with plentiful seating and the most amazingly friendly and accommodating "beach butlers" to assist you with anything you might need, and all the meals we had at the on-site restaurant were excellent--I concur with previous reviewers that the quality of food was on-par or superior to what you'd find in a high-end restaurant in the U.S. There was also a lovely spread provided in our room upon check-in (bottle of champagne, homemade bread, hors d'oeuvres, etc.) so we were well-fed throughout our stay!
And, to echo another reviewer, I would have to say the couple's massage my partner and I had was not very good--neither masseuse was particularly strong, and the location of the massage hut (on the beach) meant that I was constantly worried that other guests were, um, seeing more of me than perhaps I would have liked!
In terms of service from the restaurant and office staff, we were pleased--everyone was uniformly nice and friendly without being over-the-top. It's just a shame that the stress associated with changing our booking--being told on the phone, "oh, the room you originally had isn't available--you'll have to take the one that costs twice as much" but arriving to find that our original room WAS, in fact available!--and the stress of feeling like we had to "prove" to the manager that we'd actually changed the reservation (when the lack of communication was CLEARLY on their end)--tempered our enthusiasm. I would recommend this resort, to be sure--but I would also strongly advise that travelers confirm, and reconfirm their booking prior to arrival, particularly if you've made any changes to dates/room types, and to arrive with hard copies of all correspondence and reservation-related materials in hand...just in case.

Room Tip: The deluxe colonial room is on the small side, but come on--you're in Curacao to go to the beach...
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

This January, my husband turned 40. I wanted to take him on a special trip so I started doing my research. After a lot of consideration given the criteria of a direct flight from Miami, no more than three hours away, luxurious, family-friendly, safe and culturally interesting I found curaçao. I'm on curaçao, I found Baoase.

After a bath or disastrous trip to the islands of Turks and Caicos a while back, I was in no mood for what I could only describe as a cruise ship on land (See previous review). Baoase that was the antithesis to that.

Intimate, personable, excellent food and outstanding service Is what greeted us in this little Dutch/Caribbean outpost just off the northern shore of Venezuela.

We rented a three bedroom villa which was beautifully appointed. Our three-year-old son had a great time jumping directly from our terrace into the crisp infinity pool.

On the date of my husband's birthday. The staff made a big deal and congratulated him and put up balloons and a birthday banner. He was also sent a lovely strawberry shortcake as a surprise.
Everyone treated us like family. We stayed four nights and the hotel and it's surroundings had enough for us to do so we weren't bored.

As examples of how the staff went beyond their call of duty to accommodate us the chambermaid unpacked our entire suitcases even though it is not hotel policy. The restaurant staff were able to make smaller plates based on requests for our three-year-old without making any fuss.

The food at Baoase was outstanding. I am a discerning eater in that I like value for money when I eat. I don't mind paying $1000 a head at Masa but I will balk at a $15 smoothie. The quality of food at the resort only restaurant was that of any fine food establishment in the world. We went out for dinner a couple of nights that we might as well have stayed in the resort as the food there was far superior. On the eve of my husband's birthday, we had a romantic dinner on the beach which consisted of the four course tasting menu. It was perfectly portioned and paced. We enjoyed every bit of it and left without feeling like a stuffed whale like you sometimes do when you've had a tasting dinner including the amuse bouche, tasting menu and petit fours.

If I could possibly complain about anything, it would be what they described as "luxury airport transfer" for which they charged $120. What greeted us at the airport was a nondescript Kia sedan from the early 2000s. However, the hotel management drove us back to the airport in a Mercedes SUV and even procured a cars eat for our toddler.

We also booked a couples massage and I notified them that I was pregnant. The spa staff was clearly not trained in performing prenatal massages and it was so uncomfortable I could barely wait for my appointment to be over. My husband – who was not pregnant, also was not very happy with his massage. I recommend skipping the massages, or going somewhere else.

We all had a trip to remember and we will happily come back.

I used to live in St. Barts and the level of luxury and service within the resort was reminiscent of that. The best thing was that it lacked all of the pretense and attitude.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Berlaar, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

just spend an amazing week at Baoase... even thought it's expensive, you get what you pay for. service is excellent, the bar/restaurant offers delicious food and does it with style.

We drove around the island of Curacao looking for good beaches, only to come to the realisation that the hotel beach is the best (cleanest) on the island. There's also plenty of space on the beach... we always found a lonely spot, and there are plenty of very comfortable beach loungers.

For snorkeling you'll have to swim out of the small land-made bay to get better views, though.

Also big thumbs up for the staff: very friendly & professional.

One downside is that the evening restaurant only has fancier (and expensive) food on the menu. I would have appreciated a less-fancy menu for small eaters such as myself. Now we had to rely on room-service for less-fancy food (sandwiches, burgers, salads, ...). As there are no other restaurants within walking distance from the hotel (walking at night is disencouraged), you're sort of trapped at the resort unless you're willing to pay the 30$ cab ride.

Room Tip: bayan tree room has no outside salon, just 2 smaller seats. other villa units have entire outside li...
Dartmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Just returned from a 10 day stay at Baoase and what a place. The Vill was unrivalled for luxury, cleanliness and decoration. Private splash pool which was perfect after a long day.
The restaurant staff couldn't have been more friendly and attentive and the food was consistently excellent.
A lot of effort has been put in to making this place what it is and they've certainly pulled it off!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Willemstad
Scuba Lodge & Suites
4.5 of 5 stars 157 reviews
Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino
Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort, Curacao
Renaissance Curacao Resort & Casino

Been to Baoase Luxury Resort? Share your experiences!