We enjoyed one of the Baoase villas this month with 2 other couples during our scuba diving open water certification. Though Curacao is much less famous as a diving destination than it's sibling Bonaire, what a great place to be! And we could not have chosen a better resort. The villa was stylish and beautiful - a pleasant modern kitchen/ interior opened through double doors onto a large private wooden deck with our one of two outdoor showers and own stairs into the warm salt water infinity pool. The deck was our base of operations for dive planning by day and decompressing in the evenings. Each bedroom was beautifully done with stylish touches and very comfortable beds. The outdoor shower was felt by all to be a special delight. The property is very small, on a small sand beach surrounding a lagoon, which leads by 3 portals to the ocean. It is new, and clearly a lot of thought has gone into planning and design. We have traveled a great deal and this was amongst the prettiest resort boutique hotels at which we have stayed. Though it is not known as a scuba destination, the coral just outside the hotel hosts a wide variety of fish and their dock and lagoon were well suited to our dive training - but it would be great fun for casual snorkeliing as well given the 100 foot visibility below the waves. Service is outstanding with personable and attentive staff who knew our coffee preferences by our second morning! The morning breakfast is elaborate and delicious. Management is active and omnipresent in assuring that guests have a good experience. While the property is quite smal, and built up on an out cropping in a neighborhood, the landscaping is superb. The restaurant and bar are literally on the sandy beach. There are no crowds here - only quiet relaxation. Bring a book, a snorkel and a friend. As far as the island of Curacao, there are a wide variety of excellent restaurants with much better and varied food than the average Caribbean fare. The safety of the neighborhoods is varied, however, so one must be careful, and probably use a cab, (the 6 of us rented a van and did okay)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled amidst tropical gardens on the pristine waters of the Caribbean Sea, Baoase Luxury Resort in Curacao, is the ultimate island retreat! Named to the 2010 Hot List by Conde Nast Traveler, and Winner of the 2011 Travelers Choice award from Tripadvisor for Top 10 hotels for Romance in the Caribbean and Mexico, Baoase is an unforgettable experience that promises total relaxation, luxurious comfort, and impeccable service. This stunning brand new resort is surrounded by meandering free form pools, waterfalls, swaying palms and an idyllic private beach. Reflecting the qualities of an elegant home, the residential style villas and suites at Baoase are decorated in a refined Asian style and provide a relaxing ambiance complete with modern amenities. Villas and Suites also offer free connection to wireless internet and all indoor areas are air-conditioned whereas the porch has ceiling fans. Suites feature a spacious balcony/terrace with stunning sea view, each has its private garden with Jacuzzi. The interior design and its facilities are unique. Furthermore they boast a flat screen TV, DVD and Dolby surround system, coffeemaker, mini fridge, and wireless internet. The Master Villa is the Baoase's top accommodation. It comes with views that reach all the way to the buildings of downtown Willemstad, Curacao's capital. The villa also has its own private infinity pool, complete with a "luxury cave" that includes a Jacuzzi, a bar and card table and a relaxation area. Also included in the Master Villa is a chef, butler and the use of a private beach. From water sports to sailing, diving or fishing excursions, your every request will be taken in to consideration to help make your vacation the most memorable. Baoase luxury Resort will surely bring Heaven to Earth. . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Baoase Luxury Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baoase Luxury Hotel Willemstad
- Baoase Luxury Resort Curacao/Willemstad