We stayed at the Curacao Hilton recently and had a brilliant time. The hotel sits on a lovely sheltered cove with a small but safe beach and the cove is well populated with a wide variety of tropical fish where the water is still only waist deep. There are plenty of good snorkelling areas around the hotel’s own cove and also on the Parasasa beach which is a five minute walk. In addition if you swim underneath the unused platform about 30 yards out from the coast there are lots of great fish and I saw a 5 foot long barracuda there and also some nice coral growing on the supports of the hotel’s jetty.
We had originally booked the Hilton for two weeks of our stay in Curacao with the rest of our time to be in the Marriott which is just around the coast but after we arrived and had the time to see both hotels for ourselves we decided the Hilton was excellent and we cancelled the Marriott and stayed on at the Hilton. There was nothing wrong with the Marriott, it has a beautiful lobby and gardens but the beach is less sheltered and the pool is smaller with little area for swimming.
The staff throughout the Hilton were generally excellent and in particular the staff who looked after us in the Aqua restaurant and the executive club. The staff in general were good but Ariatne in the executive club was particularly good at helping us learn more about the island and its history.
The Hilton swimming pool is probably the best we have ever had, the rooms are spacious and very clean with a very comfortable bed, good bathroom and an in-room fridge and safe. All rooms have balconies and the rooms facing the ocean get a great view of the sunset every evening.
The food range is a bit limited in the hotel but the nearby Pirates Bay and Tomatoes pizza restaurant provide excellent variety within walking distance.
All in all the Hilton more than met our expectations and I would fully recommend it to anyone wanting a relaxing break in the Caribbean on a beach with one of the best sheltered coves we have ever seen.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in 23 acres of beautifully landscaped grounds and built on an historic 18th century Fort, the Hilton Curacao hotel boasts two private white sand beaches, infinity and freshwater pools and a PADI Gold Palm dive center on the property, and is one of the leading Curacao hotels. Located just ten minutes from Hato International Airport and five minutes from the center of Willemstad, the Hilton Curacao is an idyllic spa retreat. A Las Vegas-style casino and LivingWell Health & Beach Club are available on the property, and Guests enjoy immediate access to a range of watersports and Willemstad activities. The Hilton Curacao resort is charming, picturesque and perfectly placed for an active or relaxing visit to the Caribbean. Conferences and events for up to 400 can be easily accommodated in this Curacao hotel’s range of event spaces, making it the ideal destination for corporate functions, social events or intimate destination weddings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, BookIt.com, EasyToBook, Odigeo, Hilton Hotels, Hotels.com and Despegar.com so you can book your Hilton Curacao reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Curacao Hotel Willemstad
- Hilton Hotel Willemstad
- Hilton Hotel Curacao
- Hilton Willemstad
- Willemstad Hilton
- Hilton Curacao Willemstad