If you want to nitpick, there certainly places to do it. the hotel has some age to it, and being in the carib certainly hasn't helped it.
I really enjoyed the hotel. The food was OK. we ate there several nights. the "indoor" restaurant was only open 1 night, but the Italian and bar were open every night. When something went wrong, they were quick to comp a beer until it was made right.
What makes it good? the pool is very good. it is maintained very well, and cleaned every day. the property itself (grounds) were groomed twice a day, and looked beautiful. The beach was pretty on the sand, although the water portions were pretty small, but very safe for children. And the location!!!! halfway up westpunt (from the city center) makes it east to get around. Yes, you need a car. I couldn't believe how many people went without one. there is a Budget there if you need to rent one, but we rented from the airport.
The staff was overly nice, especially the group in the lounge, and were always willing to help. We got 4 water bottles from the lounge staff daily before we went beaching.
We never felt anything but at home the whole time we were there. No issues with temperature, shower, or linens.
I could easily see me staying here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in 23 acres of beautifully landscaped grounds and built on an historic 18th century Fort, the Hilton Curacao hotel boasts two private white sand beaches, infinity and freshwater pools and a PADI Gold Palm dive center on the property, and is one of the leading Curacao hotels. Located just ten minutes from Hato International Airport and five minutes from the center of Willemstad, the Hilton Curacao is an idyllic spa retreat. A Las Vegas-style casino and LivingWell Health & Beach Club are available on the property, and Guests enjoy immediate access to a range of watersports and Willemstad activities. The Hilton Curacao resort is charming, picturesque and perfectly placed for an active or relaxing visit to the Caribbean. Conferences and events for up to 400 can be easily accommodated in this Curacao hotel’s range of event spaces, making it the ideal destination for corporate functions, social events or intimate destination weddings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Hilton Hotels, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Curacao reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Curacao Hotel Willemstad
- Hilton Hotel Willemstad
- Hilton Hotel Curacao
- Hilton Willemstad
- Willemstad Hilton
- Hilton Curacao Willemstad