On our way to Caracas from Bonaire my family of four (two adults and two kids) had to spend one night in Curacao. The hotel is old but the setting is beautiful, grounds are well kept and the sea views from the room were awesome.
In our room that night at around midnight lights went out , my son went to the bathroom and notice a leak from the roof. We called the front desk and reported the problem. They showed up 40 minutes later and only after my repeated visits down to the lobby. When they finally came to our room, they went to a service room closed by and switched the breakers back on. We had the lights and the air conditioning back on. We showed them the leak which was getting increasingly getting worse and they said the couldn't do anything about it because they did not have the personnel, i asked them if they could move us to another room and they said the hotel was full.The water was coming from the AC unit, not only was there a water leak, the AC never cooled the room (keep in mind this is the caribean). I complained to Hilton customer service via email and the replied that management of the hotel had been made aware of the issue and they should contact me (reference number 12938489), When I went to the front desk the next morning the staff on duty did not know anything about our issue. Their attitude was always defensive and never helpful. To compensate us for out trouble they deducted $60 from the bill... I should have stayed in the Marriott next door or any other hotel with a functioning AC and with better trained service personnel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in 23 acres of beautifully landscaped grounds and built on an historic 18th century Fort, the Hilton Curacao hotel boasts two private white sand beaches, infinity and freshwater pools and a PADI Gold Palm dive center on the property, and is one of the leading Curacao hotels. Located just ten minutes from Hato International Airport and five minutes from the center of Willemstad, the Hilton Curacao is an idyllic spa retreat. A Las Vegas-style casino and LivingWell Health & Beach Club are available on the property, and Guests enjoy immediate access to a range of watersports and Willemstad activities. The Hilton Curacao resort is charming, picturesque and perfectly placed for an active or relaxing visit to the Caribbean. Conferences and events for up to 400 can be easily accommodated in this Curacao hotel’s range of event spaces, making it the ideal destination for corporate functions, social events or intimate destination weddings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Expedia, Priceline, Venere and Otel so you can book your Hilton Curacao reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Curacao Hotel Willemstad
- Hilton Hotel Willemstad
- Hilton Hotel Curacao
- Hilton Willemstad
- Willemstad Hilton
- Hilton Curacao Willemstad