I used my Hilton Honors points to fund our stay at the Hilton Curacao. My family had a great time at this hotel. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel is a little older, although I thought it was very nice. We were upgraded to the executive level (5th floor) and our room was very comfortable. I didn't notice any unusual smell or odor in our room as mentioned in some other reviews. It was very clean and housekeeping did a good job. There was a nice continental breakfast each morning and reception each evening in the Executive Lounge. This was great! We spent time comparing notes with others in the hotel and talking about the activities we did each day. You also have a great view of the ocean and sunset so bring your camera.
Food is somewhat expensive no matter where you go in Curacao (maybe 50% -75 higher than where I live in the U.S. --but hey you're on vacation so loosen the purse strings a little.) The restaurants at the Hilton were no different. We ate at the Aqua restaurant at the Hilton. The food was good and not too expensive. My wife and I also spent $26/pp on the beach BBQ which was decent (good steak and sides, dessert was bland though). We also ate twice at Hook's Hut next door to the Hilton. It was very good food in a nice, casual atmosphere. (TIP: Make reservations as early as possible. They have tables under palapas on the beach, but you typically only get these if you book a day in advance. This is a great place to watch the sunset.) If you happen to be downtown, Iguana Cafe has great hamburgers and fries (reasonably priced too) and you can eat on the waterfront while watching the floating bridge open and close for boats.
The beach at the hotel was small, but nice. My family spent a lot of time shore diving around the island. Since I was told by multiple sources that the shore diving at the hotel wasn't the best (though I didn't verify this myself), we didn't spend much time at the hotel during the day. I agree with others who said that Mark and Suzy at The Dive Bus are great to hang out with! Dave at Sunset Divers is a really nice guy also.
We played mini golf and lawn chess at the hotel. These were free activities for hotel guests. Though the minigolf course was made of metal ramps painted green with no fake grass, it was still a fun way to spend some time with the kids.
We had a rental car and there was plenty of free parking at the hotel when we were there. If you rent a car, know that the streets are not well-marked with signs. I highly recommend that you get a road map. We bought a drive-n-dive map from a dive shop, which worked well for us.
If you are a diver without a car that wants to shore dive from the hotel, there are better places stay (like Sunset Waters). If you have a car, this hotel is well-positioned in the center of the island which makes it a good launching point to go to either end of the island. It's just a short 15 minute drive from the airport and to downtown Willemstad, and about 40 minutes from the West and East ends of the island. There are many dives sites within a reasonable driving distance.
I liked this hotel and I would recommend it.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Curacao Hotel
- Hilton Curacao Hotel Willemstad
- Hilton Hotel Willemstad
- Hilton Hotel Curacao
- Hilton Willemstad
- Willemstad Hilton
- Hilton Curacao Willemstad
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in 23 acres of beautifully landscaped grounds and built on an historic 18th century Fort, the Hilton Curacao hotel boasts two private white sand beaches, infinity and freshwater pools and a PADI Gold Palm dive center on the property, and is one of the leading Curacao hotels. Located just ten minutes from Hato International Airport and five minutes from the center of Willemstad, the Hilton Curacao is an idyllic spa retreat. A Las Vegas-style casino and LivingWell Health & Beach Club are available on the property, and Guests enjoy immediate access to a range of watersports and Willemstad activities. The Hilton Curacao resort is charming, picturesque and perfectly placed for an active or relaxing visit to the Caribbean. Conferences and events for up to 400 can be easily accommodated in this Curacao hotel’s range of event spaces, making it the ideal destination for corporate functions, social events or intimate destination weddings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Curacao reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.