“Wonderful Vacation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino

You added Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino to your Saves list
Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   John F Kennedy Boulevard, Piscadera Bay, Willemstad, Curacao   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #6 of 30 Hotels in Willemstad
Boston, Massachusetts
“Wonderful Vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Had a great time here. Excellent and friendly staff were available for assistance at all times, be it where to eat, what to see, or where to park around the Island. The grounds are beautiful, and the room was very comfortable. It was a great place to stay for a week.

Room Tip: Ocean View!!!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (429)
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Such an amazing experience staying here! The rooms were very clean, beds very comfortable and incredible service all around! As soon as we arrived in paradise, they greeted us with a cold local beer and gave us great and helpful info about the island overall. Wonderful location and the beach on the Marriott property was beautiful. Because we were on vacation, we spent a lot of time at the beach and poolside bars. BOB (the cute blonde dutch bartender) made our trip! He was so sweet, very attentive and can whip up any kind of cocktail you like. He would make me special drinks every day and wrote us a list of good spots on the island to check out. He's the best. BIG THANKS TO BOB and the whole crew for making our stay so memorable. :)

Montreal, Québec, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Great 5 star service,good food,nice pool and gardens,nice sandy beach great snorkling but a lot of corals and rooks ,hard to get in water.need a car since hotel not near activities.the best hotel service i have ever seen! A great place to host a seeding great landscape and nice architecture,waterfalls and tree arangments,wellkept,immaculate landscape.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We stayed for 10 nights 11/29-12/9 and had a GREAT time! We had an ocean front room #237, which was the corner room with 2 sliders and a beautiful view, and we were very well taken care by housekeeping--Samantha, Veronica, and Christina. We can not say enough about how friendly the staff is, we truly enjoyed our stay. We do have to mention a few people who truly stood out and how much we want to return just to see these people again. Our first day we arrived late afternoon and headed for the Board Room, Cerita we had a blast--we put our drinks in your hands and you never failed to come through--I would truly love to have a Cookie Monster right now, or a Sunburn Baby, or a Blue Lagoon, when you want to get happy go see Cerita! Needless to say we visited Cerita quite a bit. We had a lot of laughs and want to see your sign again soon!! Our first dinner that night at Portofino we met our lovely Lilly, who has a constant smile on her face--we planned our dinners around her schedule and enjoyed our conversations. If you go please tell Lilly the couple from the "Czech Republic" adore her and her Pasta Bolonese--(that is an inside joke that I am hoping will make her smile even bigger). Iwan at the Emerald Lounge we spent a long afternoon watching the Patriots loose to Green Bay and had a lot of fun with him and the guys. Prisca the F&B supervisor was always checking on us and always a pleasure to talk to. I can not say enough about Julian at the Seabreeze, she is the sweetest, nicest person that was truly very difficult to say goodbye to--it was truly leaving a friend and I hope our paths cross again. There were so many standouts, the bellmen, Andre at the Casino, Nadisha at the front desk who went out of her way to find us a rental car when we had issues with our reservation and were told they were sold out. As far as some hints, please make sure you go snorkeling at the beach, it is well worth it. There are spots that are rocky, water shoes maybe advised but we made out no problem. Happy hours are staggered amongst the bars and it is 50% off all cocktails, which was appreciated. We would not hesitate for a second to return. If anyone has any questions, we would be more than happy to try to answer for you.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I stayed at the Marriott about a week ago and for the most part, had an enjoyable stay at this Marriott. The room decor could use some updating, but the rooms were indeed kept clean and the bed I slept in was comfortable. I only had one trash can in my room in the bathroom, however (I would recommend each room have at least two trash cans). The outside pool was clean and refreshing. The food at Portofino and Seabreeze was better than I expected for hotel restaurants. Definitely try the pasta with shrimp and capers at Portofino for dinner (it was so good that I had it two nights in a row there!). Also enjoyed going to Seabreeze outdoor restaurant by the beach for lunch. Their salads with either the seared tuna or the shrimp are very good. About the only lunch I had at Seabreeze I would not recommend is the fish and chips. The fish was cut up into very small pieces and thickly battered when fried, making them dry. The french fries were also not that good. I would say that children would probably enjoy this dish, but for the adults, I would highly recommend you order one of their salads for lunch when at Seabreeze.

The servers were all very friendly, but be prepared for very slow food service at Seabreeze. I think being from the US, I've just grown used to faster service. Since we were on vacation, I just accepted this as being "island time" and was just prepared for long waits to get drinks/food/checks.

My room was a garden view (room 214) which for the most part was a quiet room which I had requested. Unfortunately, one night there they had a very loud party with live music in front of the hotel in the parking lot which was very noisy and had a loud bass vibration which caused me not to be able to rest in my room until very late that evening (it was so loud you could feel the vibration of the bass into the bed!). I had gone down to the front desk to complain, but by the time I did this, the music finally over.

Management did a very nice thing for me the next day and brought to my room some complimentary cheese/crackers/fruits with a nice hand-written note from Kurt the front desk manager apologizing for the noise inconvenience. This gesture was much appreciated.

Overall, I would recommend coming to this hotel again if I am ever going to Curacao. However, next time I am on the island, I would seek out another beach to try with calmer waters and less rocks in the water. One really needs to have some beach shoes to enter the ocean from the beaches at the hotel. It is difficult to go in just barefooted. Luckily, I did bring some, so I did fine going into the water. You can see some variety of fish if you are snorkeling in front of the rocks closest to the Seabreeze restaurant.

For those who haven't been to this island in mid December, I found the daily highs ranging from 85-88 degrees F. The sun can be very strong here, so definitely bring some good sunscreen and seek out some shade in the afternoon!

As they say on the island, "Bon Dia"!!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Koen H, Director of Operations at Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Joanne,
Thank you for letting us know about your experience.
I appreciate your feedback on the Fish and Chips. I am having it for taste panel today together with our executive chef so we can assess and make some improvements to the dish.
I am happy you did enjoy your overall experience and I just thanked Kurt for his contribution after the noise complaint you had.
Your tip of bringing sunscreen is a very valuable one, as I still put it on when I do my rounds outside. You don't even notice that you burn, because of the wind being so comforting.
Let me know when you are coming back to Dushi Curacao, so we can assist you with your next stay.
nederlands antilles caribean
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We had a very good time at this hotel , every thing was great , room was clean, nice garden view,
Friday and Saturday had an entertainment band just great Hot tub was very nice. Pool was great We will stay again.

Room Tip: We had a garden view , it was very quit, good to choose.
Dear jocelinvh,
Thank you for coming to the Curacao Marriott?
I see you are from the Antilles yourself; from which island did you come over?
We always love to welcome local guests, turista riba bo isla!
I am happy to read you enjoyed our entertainment and the evening hours in our hot tubs.
Hope to see you soon again!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Excellent dive guides! Gorgeous hotel & surroundings! There are multiple onsite restaurants, but not many others within walking distance. Unless you rent a car, this will essentially be an all inclusive experience! (which is wonderful!) Taxis are easy to come by.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear LM B,
Short but sweet! Thank you for a great review!
It is our pleasure to host you on site throughout your entire stay.
Except for great food, great people, you can also enjoy a great snorkel experience and we have a dive shop on our beach as well!
What more could you ask for?! Amazing weather? Check!!
See you soon again!
Koen

Been to Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino? Share your experiences!