“Great stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino

Save Saved
You added Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino to your Saves list
Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   John F Kennedy Boulevard, Piscadera Bay, Willemstad, Curacao   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #5 of 27 Hotels in Willemstad
Sliema, Malta
“Great stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed here twice in August for two short visits and enjoyed our stay, The grounds and views are beautiful and although the rooms were a little dated they were very comfortable. The beach was beautiful but pretty rocky getting into the water so footwear a good idea. The pool was lovely but got too crowded, in fact it can be hard to find a place to sit in the shade either by the pool or on the beach if you don't go early enough... the food was good but disappointed at the lack of local options and the restaurant was Italian food only. Drinks and food quite expensive but then I had expected that and limited options near hotel. The staff were very friendly especially ?Poojah at reception and very helpful. No airport shuttle but fixed rate. Free shuttle into town. Free Internet in public areas only. Overall we really enjoyed our visits and would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Koen H, Director of Operations at Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Tina,
It doesn't happen often we receive visitors from Malta.
I am curious to hear from you how you found Curacao to compare to your island.
Thank you for your feedback. I have shared your comments with the team.
Due to agreements with the taxi unions we are unfortunately only able to offer two shuttles to town per day at fixed times and with limited seating.
I have thanked Pooja personally for her great service and she certainly is an asset to our hotel. I am very proud of her.
I hope to hear from you, and certainly look forward to talk about our islands.
Koen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (396)
NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

whenever my wife and i go on vacation, we almost always try and stay at the local marriott, so choosing the marriott curacao was pretty much a no-brainer. when we arrived at the hotel, the lobby looked nice and had that caribbean feel. the check-in process was pretty smooth and the staff was very welcoming and friendly. in fact, the locals have to be one of the most friendliest and accommodating people we've ever encountered. there was never a time when safety was an issue during our 7-day stay. our room, however, looked like it was stuck in a time warp. the walls were painted navy blue and khaki and there was even a rattan chair sighting. the bathroom was pretty modern and the bed was very comfortable. there were a few questionable stains on the bed sheets (no, they didn't smell) but nothing to go crazy over. the room was a few steps away from the jacuzzi and beach area. the beach was small compared to most but overall, i had no issues with it. the restaurants were great, except for the service, or lack thereof, we experienced at the Seabreeze, but Grec, the restaurant manager, was able to smooth everything out for us. kudos to Grec and his excellent staff. the resort is located approximately 5 minutes from downtown Willemstad and will cost you $15 USD one way. renting a car from the resort will cost you about $50-60 so that could be a cheaper alternative, especially if you decide to explore the rest of the island. a trip to the west side of the island, where most of the beautiful beaches in curacao can be found, i.e., knip beach, takes about 45 minutes. overall, our experience at the marriott curacao was great. keep in mind that starting september 2014, you now have the option of flying direct via JetBlue. this surely beats the hassle of having a 1-2 hour laying over in miami. also, Grec notified us that the resort's rooms will undergo major renovations at some point in the future so that is another thing to look forward to.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Koen H, Director of Operations at Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear flipluva,
I have read your great comments about Greg and his team, and shared it with the hotel management team.
As service errors can occur, it all is about how we recover and I am proud of Greg for having done so.
Thank you for your loyalty to Marriott as a brand. We really appreciate your customership and I look forward welcoming you to many of our sister hotels in the future.
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

we chose Marriott Resort for our holiday in Curacao, and we are very happy with the choice we made! Everything there is amazing: service, privat beach, food (to be mentioned also the very reach breakfast), view etc. the only thing not at very high standards was the furniture (which was a bit old) in our room, but it didn't bother us because we spent very little time inside the room! there are many positive and nice aspects at this hotel, so many that I need a lot of space to write them down. However, the only way to experience them is to stay there.
Many thanks to everyone working in this place, and especially to the receptionists who made our holiday very pleasant!

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Robert C,
I loved reading your review and your invitation to everyone to come and try out the Curacao Marriott Beach Resort.
I can only second that and invite everyone to come and discover the beautiful island of Curacao and our great hotel!
I have extended your compliments to our staff, especially the receptionists and we all cannot wait to welcome you back in your own piece of paradise.
See you soon!
Independence, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

My wife and I were guests at your resort from July 19-26.
We enjoyed our stay at the resort and the different attractions on the island. We felt the public areas, pool, and beach were clean and well maintained, The rooms are worn. Need updated.

What really made the trip a memorable vacation were the thoughtfulness of all the resort staff. We would like to recognize the following: Front Desk - Nadisha and Aldren; Bellman - Quincy; Servers at Portfino - Arthur and Shuanes; Voila Servers - Nadia, Mildred and Raquel; Pool Attendants - Rigel ans DelRoyd They are an asset to your resort.

Your promotion of the casino is misleading. .Promotional information we received stated "Your first $50,00 is on us..Come to the Emerald Casino sign up and play slots for at least 30 minutes and we will reimburse any loss up to $50,00. "

What we found out when trying to utilize this offer is that the reimbursement, is not a cash reimbursement but a credit for any loss up to $50,00 which had to be used at the casino. If we were unlucky at slots we could have been out $50.00. There was no cash reimbursement as the promotion seems to imply.

As we previously stated we enjoyed our stay particularly because of your staff.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear GranBam,
I think it is so amazing that so many names of our staff stayed with you weeks after your departure from our hotel on Curacao.
I am thanking each of the associates personally for their great contribution to your stay.
Your feedback with regards to the Casino program is well taken and I shared this directly with the Casino Manager for us to review the wording.
I hope to see you and your wife on Curacao again. If I can assist, please email me at koen.hietbrink@marriott.com
regards,
New Brunswick, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

There appears to be a lot of disparity in the reviews I am reading; I think I can clear it up for those who may be uncertain.

This is a fantastic resort for almost anyone. The pool and the grounds are amazing (particularly at night), the food is great, the service is excellent. My wife and I had the trip of our lives.

However, for those fortunate travelers for whom cost is no object (I was certainly not one of them), you may want to go with one of the pricier resorts, as you will find certain things disappointing. The majority of the beach is rocky, so that there is a quite small area to actually go into the ocean. Also, the rooms are pretty dated, especially the bathrooms. The showers and sinks are quite basic and not what one would expect at a luxurious resort.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Shaun B,
Thank you for sharing your feedback online.
I completely agree with your vision of our pool and beach, especially at night it is really amazing to see.
We hope to welcome you back soon. With the direct flight between JFK airport and Curacao it will be even easier to travel and come and see us.
If I can assist please email me at koen.hietbrink@marriott.com.
Regards.
new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

I stopped by this resort to have dinner and watch the playoff game between the 49ers and Seahawks in January. The have nice couches to hang out in the lobby bar and lots of big screens. Service was excellent as always; the food is not spectacular but it is vey good.
I have stayed here as a guest on two occasions; I loved it both times. The beach is very nice and calm. The property is very beautiful and modern. The rooms comfortable and clean. Make sure to stop by the gym if you are a guest; they have a sauna and whirlpool.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear JVT22,
Thank you for stopping by the hotel on your most recent visit to Curacao.
It is great to have you over for any reason and any purpose.
Did you know that Jetblue will be flying directly between JFK airport and Curacao from November onwards? More reasons to come and honor us with a visit.
Please let me know when you are planning so I can assist.
Looking forward to your next visit already.
Norwalk, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

This was my first trip to Curacau and I chose the Marriott, because it is one of the best there. There are only three floors and I felt its architecture matches the surroundings. My friend and I stayed for 7 nights without a meal plan. The room is fairly large, but it is carpeted. I have been to many hotels in Caribbean Islands and this is the first one.
We know that eating at a hotel costs us a lot of money, and it cost an arm and a leg, (They offer all-inclusive plan or breakfast only plan, if you are interested.) but there are good deals: on Wednesday, a mussel dish at the bar with two glasses of wine and weekday happy hour: two drinks for one, at three different bars one after the other, but you can find only three eateries in the facility. The bar and the restaurant by the ocean share the same kitchen. Basically, there are two restaurants. Their Italian restaurant has some good food. At the souvenir shop/café, you can get a Panini sandwich and cakes & muffins for lunch and breakfast along with coffee and tea. The first night, I ordered one mussel dish for dinner at the restaurant by the beach. The amount of mussels was disappointingly small. It was not a heap full of it, and furthermore, over 10 of the mussels were not opened. I complained and expected to receive an entire new dish. Alas, I was offered the plate with the opened mussels as the same count of the unopened one. I always enjoy tasting the local dish but they offered none. There are two independent restaurants outside of the hotel and also in the Hilton Hotel, which is located next door. It is a walking distance and very safe to walk out even during the night. We thoroughly enjoyed the Indonesian Restaurant.
The water is cool for the first plunge, but after that, it is warm and beautiful. The breeze is heavenly and it helps you relax. In the ocean there are neither jellyfish nor seaweed; however, it is a rock-bottom ocean. A pair of aqua shoes is a must. You need them to get into the ocean.
Since I am a silver Marriot rewards member, we were invited to one evening gathering. It was very small but cozy gathering. Although I am the member, my friend received the name card and was greeted from the manager. During our stay my friend made a lot of requests through the phone and the staff started to call her my name.
The hotel offers the shuttle service to the town, Punda. When you are in Punda, you feel as if you were somewhere in a European city. I recommend the trip.
The hotels have pro and cons: the very attentive & friendly staff, their two outside whirl pools, and daily live entertainment at the lobby, and the 24-7 hotel taxi service. (My car service driver overslept. Thanks to the taxi standing by the hotel guests 24-7, but we could still manage to catch the flight back on time.)
However, there is a lot to improve. Curacao is a wonderful and exotic island. I like to visit again in the near future. Marriott could be and should be better than what it is.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear kkosig,
Thank you for your detailed review on your recent stay.
I have shared your feedback about the Mussels night experience with our F&B manager as there are definately other ways to resolve this to your complete satisfaction.
We really appreciate you joining our elite event. We truly appreciate your feedback and I invite you to contact me at koen.hietbrink@marriott.com if there are any additional thoughts you would like to share with me.
I am looking forward to hear from you.
Koen

Been to Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino? Share your experiences!