“great vacation and friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino

You added Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino to your Saves list
Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   John F Kennedy Boulevard, Piscadera Bay, Willemstad, Curacao   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #5 of 30 Hotels in Willemstad
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Independence, Kansas
“great vacation and friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

My wife and I were guests at your resort from July 19-26.
We enjoyed our stay at the resort and the different attractions on the island. We felt the public areas, pool, and beach were clean and well maintained, The rooms are worn. Need updated.

What really made the trip a memorable vacation were the thoughtfulness of all the resort staff. We would like to recognize the following: Front Desk - Nadisha and Aldren; Bellman - Quincy; Servers at Portfino - Arthur and Shuanes; Voila Servers - Nadia, Mildred and Raquel; Pool Attendants - Rigel ans DelRoyd They are an asset to your resort.

Your promotion of the casino is misleading. .Promotional information we received stated "Your first $50,00 is on us..Come to the Emerald Casino sign up and play slots for at least 30 minutes and we will reimburse any loss up to $50,00. "

What we found out when trying to utilize this offer is that the reimbursement, is not a cash reimbursement but a credit for any loss up to $50,00 which had to be used at the casino. If we were unlucky at slots we could have been out $50.00. There was no cash reimbursement as the promotion seems to imply.

As we previously stated we enjoyed our stay particularly because of your staff.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Koen H, Director of Operations at Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Dear GranBam,
I think it is so amazing that so many names of our staff stayed with you weeks after your departure from our hotel on Curacao.
I am thanking each of the associates personally for their great contribution to your stay.
Your feedback with regards to the Casino program is well taken and I shared this directly with the Casino Manager for us to review the wording.
I hope to see you and your wife on Curacao again. If I can assist, please email me at koen.hietbrink@marriott.com
regards,
Koen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (483)
New Brunswick, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

There appears to be a lot of disparity in the reviews I am reading; I think I can clear it up for those who may be uncertain.

This is a fantastic resort for almost anyone. The pool and the grounds are amazing (particularly at night), the food is great, the service is excellent. My wife and I had the trip of our lives.

However, for those fortunate travelers for whom cost is no object (I was certainly not one of them), you may want to go with one of the pricier resorts, as you will find certain things disappointing. The majority of the beach is rocky, so that there is a quite small area to actually go into the ocean. Also, the rooms are pretty dated, especially the bathrooms. The showers and sinks are quite basic and not what one would expect at a luxurious resort.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Koen H, Director of Operations at Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Dear Shaun B,
Thank you for sharing your feedback online.
I completely agree with your vision of our pool and beach, especially at night it is really amazing to see.
We hope to welcome you back soon. With the direct flight between JFK airport and Curacao it will be even easier to travel and come and see us.
If I can assist please email me at koen.hietbrink@marriott.com.
Regards.
new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

I stopped by this resort to have dinner and watch the playoff game between the 49ers and Seahawks in January. The have nice couches to hang out in the lobby bar and lots of big screens. Service was excellent as always; the food is not spectacular but it is vey good.
I have stayed here as a guest on two occasions; I loved it both times. The beach is very nice and calm. The property is very beautiful and modern. The rooms comfortable and clean. Make sure to stop by the gym if you are a guest; they have a sauna and whirlpool.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear JVT22,
Thank you for stopping by the hotel on your most recent visit to Curacao.
It is great to have you over for any reason and any purpose.
Did you know that Jetblue will be flying directly between JFK airport and Curacao from November onwards? More reasons to come and honor us with a visit.
Please let me know when you are planning so I can assist.
Looking forward to your next visit already.
Regards,
Norwalk, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

This was my first trip to Curacau and I chose the Marriott, because it is one of the best there. There are only three floors and I felt its architecture matches the surroundings. My friend and I stayed for 7 nights without a meal plan. The room is fairly large, but it is carpeted. I have been to many hotels in Caribbean Islands and this is the first one.
We know that eating at a hotel costs us a lot of money, and it cost an arm and a leg, (They offer all-inclusive plan or breakfast only plan, if you are interested.) but there are good deals: on Wednesday, a mussel dish at the bar with two glasses of wine and weekday happy hour: two drinks for one, at three different bars one after the other, but you can find only three eateries in the facility. The bar and the restaurant by the ocean share the same kitchen. Basically, there are two restaurants. Their Italian restaurant has some good food. At the souvenir shop/café, you can get a Panini sandwich and cakes & muffins for lunch and breakfast along with coffee and tea. The first night, I ordered one mussel dish for dinner at the restaurant by the beach. The amount of mussels was disappointingly small. It was not a heap full of it, and furthermore, over 10 of the mussels were not opened. I complained and expected to receive an entire new dish. Alas, I was offered the plate with the opened mussels as the same count of the unopened one. I always enjoy tasting the local dish but they offered none. There are two independent restaurants outside of the hotel and also in the Hilton Hotel, which is located next door. It is a walking distance and very safe to walk out even during the night. We thoroughly enjoyed the Indonesian Restaurant.
The water is cool for the first plunge, but after that, it is warm and beautiful. The breeze is heavenly and it helps you relax. In the ocean there are neither jellyfish nor seaweed; however, it is a rock-bottom ocean. A pair of aqua shoes is a must. You need them to get into the ocean.
Since I am a silver Marriot rewards member, we were invited to one evening gathering. It was very small but cozy gathering. Although I am the member, my friend received the name card and was greeted from the manager. During our stay my friend made a lot of requests through the phone and the staff started to call her my name.
The hotel offers the shuttle service to the town, Punda. When you are in Punda, you feel as if you were somewhere in a European city. I recommend the trip.
The hotels have pro and cons: the very attentive & friendly staff, their two outside whirl pools, and daily live entertainment at the lobby, and the 24-7 hotel taxi service. (My car service driver overslept. Thanks to the taxi standing by the hotel guests 24-7, but we could still manage to catch the flight back on time.)
However, there is a lot to improve. Curacao is a wonderful and exotic island. I like to visit again in the near future. Marriott could be and should be better than what it is.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear kkosig,
Thank you for your detailed review on your recent stay.
I have shared your feedback about the Mussels night experience with our F&B manager as there are definately other ways to resolve this to your complete satisfaction.
We really appreciate you joining our elite event. We truly appreciate your feedback and I invite you to contact me at koen.hietbrink@marriott.com if there are any additional thoughts you would like to share with me.
I am looking forward to hear from you.
Regards,
Wilkesboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Arrived after dark and had no idea what the beach would look like, however the hotel grounds were lit up magically. I was very pleasantly surprised to wake up the next morning and walk out on the open patio and see the beach...my mouth literally dropped open. Views are absolutely spectacular. Definitely recommend Portofino's dining which is part of the hotel for dinner and the sports bar and pool bar for lunch. While relaxing on the white beaches be sure to check out the Board Room (beach bar right in front of the hotel)...the "Hummer" drink is something I'm still craving while I'm back in 'reality.' :D The dive shop next door offers some great first time dive adventures as well as several types of other excursions; you can also rent snorkel equipment at a good price for the day or week.
Service was excellent everywhere on the resort; my biggest complaint would be that the front desk was quite rude at times. However, I still highly recommend this resort...it's the nicest one I found on the island.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
LouellaB5, General Manager at Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Dear FunDip 4Me,
I cannot agree more. The views and the beach are indeed AMAZING and make you feel like you are in paradise. I am thrilled that you enjoyed the Boardroom and Protofino experiences. I can assure you that your feedback about the Front Desk is taken seriously and will be reviewed. Should you wish to share more feedback regarding this than do not hesitate to reach out to me via "louella.brezovar@marriott.com". Needless to say I hope to be able to welcome you back personally to our resort in the near future.
Sunny Regards,
Brasilia, DF
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I loved the hotel. The area is so good,the privative beach is so beautiful(blue ocean with colorful fishes) and the employees are so educated. The hotel has good restaurantes but the prices of food are too expensive.

Room Tip: Rooms in front at the beach are too expensive
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Cristiane M,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I am very happy that you loved our hotel and our staff and hope to welcome you back very soon.
Warm Regards,
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Loved the open air lobby and restaurants. Hotel had a small resort feel even though it was large. No crowds, and plenty of space on the beach. Rooms were fine, but could use some updating. Staff were fabulous...US Air lost our luggage in Aruba and we would not have been able to locate it with out the staff's help. Beach was a little rough although we couldn't tell if it was the norm or due to weather. Not much within walking distance, but for a 2-3 day stay there is no reason to leave. Taxi into town was cheap enough. "Concierge" was useless, but is more of an excursion/car rental service. Front desk staff more than made up for the concierge desk's short comings (actually...the front desk was functionally the concierge). Comfortable beds, quiet rooms, free wifi in common areas, passable TV reception. Would gladly go back.

Room Tip: Ocean view and Garden view had...the same view. Save a few $$ and get garden view.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Him-and-her19335,
We appreciate your taking the time to share your feedback. I am thilled that you enjoyed your vacation in paradise and of course I am very happy that the staff was able to assist you in retrieving your luggage for you from the airlines. Should you wish to elaborate more on your "Concierge" comment than I would definitely welcome that feedback at "louella.brezovar@marriott.com".
I would also gladly welcome you back to our hotel in the future.
Kind regards,
Louella

Been to Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino? Share your experiences!