“E peep peep peep Hurrah!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino

You added Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino to your Saves list
Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   John F Kennedy Boulevard, Piscadera Bay, Willemstad, Curacao   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #6 of 30 Hotels in Willemstad
Elmhurst, Illinois
“E peep peep peep Hurrah!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Our stay was fantastic and personalized. Our arrival was greeted with a birthday serenade, they knew we were celebrating my birthday, and prepared the room with balloons and flowers.
We stayed on property like an "all incisive", so got to know the staff pretty well. Lysandy served us at the Board Room and Luxe as well, made sure we were well quenched. Raysa kept our chamber well stocked with water and fresh towels. Meals were delightful with Yvette, & Lilly in the Protofino Restaurant. Monica served the perfect Romantic Dinner with Fabian's assist, all with our feet in the sand! Night caps were with Sunny at the swim up bar. Wonderful, wonderful!!!! Thank you

Room Tip: The Garden Room is great with Partial ocean view and private balcony
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Koen H, Director of Operations at Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Dear Dezinergal,
Congratulations again with you birthday. We enjoyed the celebration just as much as you did, as we truly love the opportunity to organize and throw parties.
I am so happy many of our team members stood out for you and I will ensure to thank them all for their great efforts making your special vacation even better.
I look forward seeing you next year so we can throw you another party.
See you soon.
Regards,
Koen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (429)
Henderson, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

This is the 5th year in a row we have stayed here. I must say the service improves each year. The lobby is beautiful. The actual property is in a good location, nice private beach and big pool. 20 minute drive from the airport, 10 minutes to the city and 10 minute drive to Centrum grocery store. The pool does get crowded and seats can be limited. The rooms are dated and do need updating, a 90s look. We had a great room location, ocean and pool view, a corner room. Food is expensive as are the drinks, typical for a beach resort. We like the dive shop on the property, Caribbean Sea Sports (a separate review). Voila deli is convenient for coffee, snacks. Gelato, and quick breakfast. We enjoy staying here each year. We will plan returning next year.

Room Tip: 2nd and 3rd floors with private balcony
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
LouellaB5, General Manager at Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Dear PA nVegas,
Thank you so much for your loyalty to our resort. We truly appreciate your business and hope to keep welcoming you back for many many more years to come. I am thrilled that you feel the service is getting better each passing year. it is a key focal point for us. Without our guests we would not be here. Please stay pending for some updates aobut our hotel. We are hoping to be able to announce some "upgrades" soon.
I will be waiting for you on your next trip to Curacao.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

We recently stayed at the Marriott and were blown away by the friendliness of the staff and our experience overall. Upon arrival we were greeted by Terrence and Quincey who helped us immensely during our trip, offering recommendations and ideas which turned into amazing experiences. We were checked in by Aldrin who was very friendly and even offered us a drink as a welcome!

We dined a couple of times at the Emerald lounge and received outstanding service from Edsel as well as Portofino for breakfast where we were taken care of by Rudsel. Sandly, a bartender at the pool and The Boardroom pointed us toward one of our best excursions of the trip.

The only downside we had during our 7 days was some very slow service at Portofino one evening for dinner. Overall our time in Curacao was amazing and we owe a lot of that to the staff at the Marriott for their hospitality!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
LouellaB5, General Manager at Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Dear Dave V,
It is thrilling to read your review. I am so proud of the team and the fact that they were able to "blow you away" with their service. Terrence, Quincy, Aldrin, Rudsel, Edsel and Sandly will be recognized for providng you with the amazing service you described in your review. It is always our goal to exceed the expectations of our customers. I look forward to welcoming you back personally to the Curacao Marriott in the near future.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

The resort is beautiful and well-kept. The staff is friendly and pays attention to details to make the stay comfortable and pleasurable. A lovely gesture is the complimentary cool drink when checking in. I was a little disappointed with the Portofino restaurant staff (arrogant) and quality of the food (that is also overpriced.) I love swimming in the sea and this was difficult due to the current, high waves and rocks in the water. Overall, however, it was a very positive stay at the Curacao Marriott.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Herman JSF,
Thank you so much for your review. I am very happy that your stay overall was a positive one. I was a bit distressed to read about your Portofino experience and I can assure you that I will personally follow up on this feedback. It is always our intention to exceed the expectations of our customers.
Kindly note that for the last 3 days we had a bulldozer doing significant work on our beach to address the rocks and re-distribute the sand for the comfort of our guests. Mother Nature tends to move things around on our beach throughout the year (wind, water etc) and each year during this time we give her a hand and "re-arrange' things to accomodate our guests.
I appreciate the time you took to share your feedback and look forward to personally welcoming you back to Paradise in the near future.
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

After returning from our 12 day vacation to Curacao, I can't wait to return! From check in to our last lunch before leaving we were always treated like we were the only ones at the resort. The costumer service is superior! Aldrin at checkin made sure we had a room that suited our needs, Prisca checked in daily to make sure we were having the best experience. One afternoon I was hungry and asked for BLT, Prisca personally went to kitchen with my request and delivered it to me on the beach, she was always smiling and offering anything we needed. During our daily visits to the Board Room on the beach we met Monique, the bartender, who gives service with a smile a new standard. She always offered new drink ideas and made special shakes for our son. One day Monique brought us mangos from her own tree at home. The personal service at the Marriott Resort and Emerald Casino is something that will bring me back time and time again. Lelieth, at the Portifino restaurant, had so much energy and enthusiasm, it made you feel like you were right at home with family eating around your own table. The food at the resort is not top of the line cuisine, and a bit pricey for what you get, but it was good. One afternoon my husband broke his sun glasses and needed super glue for a quick repair. Ranada at the front desk brought in a new bottle of super glue when she started her shift that day. Ranada saved the day!
Curacao is a safe island, but to add to that sense of security, the guard Kurtly was always there with a friendly smile and great conversation about the island.
In my review I gave the hotel property a 4 out of 5 because it is a bit dated but extremely clean. The hotel itself really needs to be updated, but the superior customer service outshines the fact that the resort rooms need updating. I hope when I return there will be some improvements to the rooms. The property itself is very lush and well maintained even though the island itself is very dry and dessert like.
As far as going off the resort, again it is a very safe island, but it is expensive to take a taxi 30$ round trip. My husband was charged 50$ to go to the Ostrich farm which was not worth it at all. The beach at the resort is private and very quiet, unlike the pool that is beautiful, but can get a bit loud with all the kids. At one time the pool had to be shut down due to a "diaper" accident. Aside from that the pool and beach are both beautiful places to relax or have an adventure. Snorkeling right at the hotel reef makes it easy for the entire family to enjoy!
I can't wait to return to paradise!

Room Tip: ocean front suite room 384- quieter with outstanding views- ocean and palm trees right out all windo...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Fun 43,
Let me start by saying that I really like your TripAdvisor name. Life is all about working hard and then really having FUN. I appreciate the time you took to write the detailed review and am very happy that your 12 days with us were such a success. Needless to say I am thrilled to read that Aldrin, Prisca, Monique, Lelieth, Renata and Kurtly were so helpful during your stay. Please be assured that they will be recognized for all their efforts in making your stay so memorable. We cannot wait to welcome you and your family back to paradise again very soon!
Sunny regards,
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

This is my second Business trip to Curacao, and second stay at the Marriott resort. The staff reception and attention to detail and guest needs is exceptional. On my return trip, every member of the staff, remembered me and coworkers, and greeted us with a warm welcome back. By the way we are a very large group so this really impressed me. I love the Italian Restaurant Portofino. I have eaten there several times and service and food are excellent. My Sever was Yvette, who saw me walking to the pool area and came out to personally welcome me back. I also received the same greeting and personal welcome back from the Host, Drake. I wish I could remember all of the names, because everyones service was great. From hostess to waiters, waitresses, and everyone, thank you for making me feel at home, so far away from home. Rooms are desperately in need up upgrade, and for that reason I wouldn't select the Marriott for a personal trip, but I would definitely return to dine at Portofino.

Room Tip: I wouldn't recommend based on room quality
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
LouellaB5, General Manager at Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear Kamala S,
Thank you kindly for taking the time to share your detailed review. I am thrilled that every staff member, and especially Yvette, remembered you and made youand your colleagues feel welcome and at home. I appreciate your wonderful feedback about your dining experiences at Portofino.
Please be assured that plans for detailed upgrades of the rooms are "in the works" and I hope that we can welcome you back once they are completed.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Overall our stay at this Marriott property was very positive. We are long time Marriott customers both for business and holidays. With our status we received free wi-fi in the room. There is free wifit in the hotel lobby and surrounding hotel property i.e. beach, pool. Kudos to the staff, friendly and accommodating from check - in throughout our entire stay. Extra special kudos to Cerita and the Boardroom as well as Nadeem at the Emerald Lounge. Beach was clean and it was easy to get a beach hut. Again great staff experience. The view when coming into the hotel lobby is stunning. Our stay was end of May 2014. We visited restaurants on property and our experience was good. Viola and the poolside eateries provided tasty food options.

Taxis are easy to get as the hotel bellman was always available to help and provide great suggestions!

Again, great staff experience!!!

My only complaint was that the rooms are in need of renovation as they are very dated and could use upgrading. Even so our room was always clean and the bed comfy.

Would definitely come back.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear TesPat,
Happy Belated Birthday. I am excited that you choose to celebrate it with us in Paradise. Thank you for recognizing Cerita and Nadeem. They are indeed amazing and I am proud to have them on our team. I am thrilled that the rest of the staff also exceeded your expectations. Your feedback about the rooms is noted. We are making plans for significant room upgrades. I am glad that our housekeeping team did a wondrful job keeping your room clean and comfy.
Please come and visit us again soon!
Tropical regards,
Louella

Been to Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino? Share your experiences!