“Good value in the Caribbean with great service” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino to your Saves list
Prices are for rooms, adults
Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   John F Kennedy Boulevard, Piscadera Bay, Willemstad, Curacao   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #6 of 27 hotels in Willemstad
USA
“Good value in the Caribbean with great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I recently returned from 5 nights at the Marriott Curacao and were very pleased with our stay. We often stay at Ritz Carltons in the Caribbean using Marriott points, and chose the Curacao Marriott because we were looking for a better value. We were not disappointed!

Rooms: As other reviews have mentioned, the rooms are a bit dated, but our ocean view room was clean, spacious, and in good condition. It had all the amenities you would expect (safe, iron, sizable mini-fridge for beverages and food if you are looking to stock up and save a few dollars). My only gripe was a very minor one, that the chairs on our balcony appeared to be old conference room chairs and we had no table on the balcony. There is not free wifi in the rooms, but there is free wifi in the lobby in all of the public areas of the resort, which is where we spent most of our time so this was no big deal.

Resort: The resort is as beautiful as the pictures suggest and the property is in good condition. We enjoyed the infinity pool and since there is no buffer between the pool and the beach (we assumed they do not need to worry about storm surges being outside the hurricane belt) you can sit by or in the pool and still enjoy the view and the sound of the waves. When we were there is was very windy, so we appreciated that the beach has umbrella huts and the pool umbrellas are drilled into the ground--no jockeying to get an umbrella that would then fall over or blow away. I intended to take advantage of a spa service but did not end up doing so. Location is convenient just 10 minutes from the airport or to downtown Willemstad.

Food: Sufficient variety and quality average to above average, so we only left the resort once to eat. Coming from a big city, and having traveled abroad and to resorts frequently, we found the prices for food and drink to be highly reasonable for a beach resort (though good to be aware of the service charges and taxes that will be included on your bill). We preferred Portofino for dinner at Seabreeze poolside for lunch. We appreciated that the Voila delicatessen provided an alternative for a light breakfast or snack, as well as coffee, bottled water, beer, and wine, all at reasonable prices--you are not stuck with an expensive breakfast buffet.

Service: Friendly and fast across the board! When we travel abroad we are used to service being slower than in the US. Don't expect "island time" here, drinks and food arrive quickly and we had no trouble with checking in/out and getting a taxi. We did have a slight glitch at checkout when my husbands Marriott credit card would not swipe on the card reader and they were not able to enter the number manually so that we could earn points, but that was not a big deal and the staff were highly apologetic nonetheless.

Finally, the resort seems to attract travelers from different countries, and a mix of singles, couples, and families. You won't feel out of place in any case. Overall, this was a really great value and we would recommend for a relaxing trip.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
jcastillo82g, Director of Sales & Marketing at Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear 042581 ~
Thank you for your great comments about our rooms, food and beverage and attentive staff, we are glad that you experienced not just a good service but also fast and diligent.

We are happy to see also that you think it was a great value and lots of quality and we hope that you come back soon to visit us.

Best regards,

1,828 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (388)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Had a wonderful week here and so pleased I chose this resort. The staff could not have been more friendly and genuine. They make the resort so special. We were even greeted with a cake in celebration of an event we were there for.

Be sure to ask for "Lilli" to be your server at the Portofino. You won't be disappointed.

Food at Portofino and Emerald has been the best resort food I've had of the 12 islands I've visited. Consistent and delicious. Not so true with Seabreeze. Must be a different chef because quality can't compare. Others agreed.

While rooms are not what I would consider luxurious they were clean and comfortable. We had an ocean view beachfront - room 301.

I agree with other reviewers, bring sea shoes because there is a ridge of coral rocks at edge of sea. But it certainly didn't detract from the beauty of diving into the stunning water.

The only negative I would propose about this hotel is the spa area. For a resort destination I was sorely disappointed. It's no more than two rooms off the fitness room with a dungeon like atmosphere. My daughter and I would have indulged in services had it been a tranquil, beautiful spa one would expect of Marriott on a Caribbean island. Other guests mentioned this as well. I think they are missing an income source!

But overall the highest praise I can give is that I will be back!

• Stayed July 2014
Dear TSperry ~
Thank you for such a positive feedback about our hotel, I will congratulate our Italian executive chef Enrico Luise about your positive experience in our food and beverage outlets.

We agree with you in regards our spa experience, We call it a fitness center because we don’t want to mislead calling it a Spa but at the same time we try to offer a health club with all the services and facilities that our guests require in order to keep their routine.

Once again thank you for your favorable comments; we look forward to welcome you one more time.

Curacao
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We had a wonderful time at the Curacao Marriott. Location was wonderful, just a 5-10 minute drive to down town. The hotel was beautiful! Everyone was very nice and helpful. Prisca was very friendly and even planned an entire day for our family of 5. The rooms were clean and much to my surprise I had a view of the ocean even though I only paid for a garden view. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Huse23 ~

Thank you for your great review about our hotel, we appreciate your favorable feedback and we hope you come back soon.

New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

We used marriott's property for the day when visiting the island. The beaches and water were pristine. The property was perfect as well, would def stay here when we return. The hotel is also walking distance to many restaurants and shops, great location overall!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
jcastillo82g, Director of Sales & Marketing at Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear JDM210 ~

Thank you for your great review, we hope you can stay with us for a full stay and enjoy our white sandy beach, great bars and restaurants and the hospitality and attention of our friendly staff.

Best Regards

Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

My daughter,wife and I visited in June and had a great stay-the staff was first rate-I had not been to Curacao in 34 years and this was the first time for my wife and daughter even though we have been to Venezuela and Margarita island about ten years ago together.Advice-the grocery/news store has friendly staff all day-you can get great simple stuff to eat there and save a few dollars for breakfast-Also,when you go into the surf,you may want sandals as there are lots of rocks-the Hilton next door has more cars to rent if you need one as we did.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
jcastillo82g, Director of Sales & Marketing at Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Dear Rick B~

Thank you for such a great review and high score, we appreciate that you had a great time at our resort .

Please come back soo

Director of Sales & MArketing
Curacao Marriott BEach Resort & Emerald Casino
New Braunfels, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Marriott Curacao was a splendid retreat with breath taking views, a relaxing environment and the right mixture of customer service! We got to the resort following missing our original flight to which I spent my birthday hanging out in the Miami Airport, with finally arriving in Curacao that evening. Once we arrived we were greeted by the most gracious Renada at the Front desk who assisted us with our check and went WAY out of her way to ensure we had our reservation set up for the following nights dinner! She introduced us to the phenomenal Prisca at the Sea Breeze restaurant and bar, who in duo made our first night to the island an immediate trip of sweet memories! During the entire vacation Prisca went out of her way to talk to my mother and I, to not only inquire of our day or if we needed anything but to have an actual genuine conversation! This means a lot when you see how busy this woman is... she is incredible with so many plates spinning and still smiling! As a Recreation Therapist on vacation I am always on the look out for what fun activities are available... but I was not expecting so much to be available! Delroy from the rec dept start a game of Ladder golf along with Maria a message therapist, my mother and I! It became a very exciting game but the two of them stood out, bot eager to interact with guests which was a sweet treat! The other great thing available are complimentary group work outs, I tried the sunset yoga with Dena and between her soothing voice and the crashing of the waves made for the most ideal workout! There was a shuttle that took you to downtown to see the exquisite sites that the island is known for but before you take off have a chat with most anyone of the staff they will give you great ideas of what to look out for and great restaurants to try out! I can't wait to go back... best vacation to date!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Christina C ~

thank you for such a positive review, glad to hear that our recreation staff , front desk and food and beverage staff make of your stay splendid as you mentioned.

We appreciate you selected our property to spend your birthday.

Please come back soon, We will be waiting to make you enjoy another great vacation.

José Castillo
texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

My stay was 7 days so there were a lot of people that really made our stay grand. Mrs Lucrecia and Diania at Portofino was so sweet when my husband wasn't feeling well; they sent over a feel better card to the room. Sandra in security went out of her way and brought over medicine to help his stomach. How thoughtful. Cerita at the Board Room is an amazing bartender, could make what ever you wanted blind folded. The girl has skills. Vanessa at Seabreaze and Mrs Lele at Portofino's took great care of my children every morning for breakfast and lunch. They so spoiled them. Prisca was great, always a smile and willing to help. Verny is one of the hardest working employees there, never slows down always moving to make sure your food is nice and warm on delivery. I have to admitt that I hated the room decor/out dated furniture but Chamila had fresh towels and a clean room waiting on us after a day of swimming. She went out of her way to make sure the room was clean and fresh daily/she is really a hard worker. Terrence in sales is such a cool guy we are going to join the ownership family. The last two people that impacted my trip where the two gardners Antonio and Wilson, the helped me open a Flamboyant Tree pod so that I could see if I can get the seeds to grow. I told Prisca I'm going to keep them posted.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear tonnea21 ~

Thank you for your great comments about our food and beverage staff, I am glad you enjoyed the great snorkeling we have on the hotel premises and that our people make your stay a pleasant one.

Thank you for visiting us and for giving us such a great review

Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino? Share your experiences!