“curacao marriott june 2014 visit” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino

You added Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino to your Saves list
Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   John F Kennedy Boulevard | Piscadera Bay, Willemstad, Curacao   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
30% Off Event
Ranked #6 of 29 Hotels in Willemstad
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
“curacao marriott june 2014 visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

My daughter,wife and I visited in June and had a great stay-the staff was first rate-I had not been to Curacao in 34 years and this was the first time for my wife and daughter even though we have been to Venezuela and Margarita island about ten years ago together.Advice-the grocery/news store has friendly staff all day-you can get great simple stuff to eat there and save a few dollars for breakfast-Also,when you go into the surf,you may want sandals as there are lots of rocks-the Hilton next door has more cars to rent if you need one as we did.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
jcastillo82g, Director of Sales & Marketing at Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Dear Rick B~

Thank you for such a great review and high score, we appreciate that you had a great time at our resort .

Please come back soo

Director of Sales & MArketing
Curacao Marriott BEach Resort & Emerald Casino

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (519)
New Braunfels, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Marriott Curacao was a splendid retreat with breath taking views, a relaxing environment and the right mixture of customer service! We got to the resort following missing our original flight to which I spent my birthday hanging out in the Miami Airport, with finally arriving in Curacao that evening. Once we arrived we were greeted by the most gracious Renada at the Front desk who assisted us with our check and went WAY out of her way to ensure we had our reservation set up for the following nights dinner! She introduced us to the phenomenal Prisca at the Sea Breeze restaurant and bar, who in duo made our first night to the island an immediate trip of sweet memories! During the entire vacation Prisca went out of her way to talk to my mother and I, to not only inquire of our day or if we needed anything but to have an actual genuine conversation! This means a lot when you see how busy this woman is... she is incredible with so many plates spinning and still smiling! As a Recreation Therapist on vacation I am always on the look out for what fun activities are available... but I was not expecting so much to be available! Delroy from the rec dept start a game of Ladder golf along with Maria a message therapist, my mother and I! It became a very exciting game but the two of them stood out, bot eager to interact with guests which was a sweet treat! The other great thing available are complimentary group work outs, I tried the sunset yoga with Dena and between her soothing voice and the crashing of the waves made for the most ideal workout! There was a shuttle that took you to downtown to see the exquisite sites that the island is known for but before you take off have a chat with most anyone of the staff they will give you great ideas of what to look out for and great restaurants to try out! I can't wait to go back... best vacation to date!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Christina C ~

thank you for such a positive review, glad to hear that our recreation staff , front desk and food and beverage staff make of your stay splendid as you mentioned.

We appreciate you selected our property to spend your birthday.

Please come back soon, We will be waiting to make you enjoy another great vacation.

José Castillo
texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

My stay was 7 days so there were a lot of people that really made our stay grand. Mrs Lucrecia and Diania at Portofino was so sweet when my husband wasn't feeling well; they sent over a feel better card to the room. Sandra in security went out of her way and brought over medicine to help his stomach. How thoughtful. Cerita at the Board Room is an amazing bartender, could make what ever you wanted blind folded. The girl has skills. Vanessa at Seabreaze and Mrs Lele at Portofino's took great care of my children every morning for breakfast and lunch. They so spoiled them. Prisca was great, always a smile and willing to help. Verny is one of the hardest working employees there, never slows down always moving to make sure your food is nice and warm on delivery. I have to admitt that I hated the room decor/out dated furniture but Chamila had fresh towels and a clean room waiting on us after a day of swimming. She went out of her way to make sure the room was clean and fresh daily/she is really a hard worker. Terrence in sales is such a cool guy we are going to join the ownership family. The last two people that impacted my trip where the two gardners Antonio and Wilson, the helped me open a Flamboyant Tree pod so that I could see if I can get the seeds to grow. I told Prisca I'm going to keep them posted.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear tonnea21 ~

Thank you for your great comments about our food and beverage staff, I am glad you enjoyed the great snorkeling we have on the hotel premises and that our people make your stay a pleasant one.

Thank you for visiting us and for giving us such a great review

Ipswich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Great hotel, stunning views, food good, a little expensive, but good portions, great pool and swim up bar. Good location for visiting Willemstad and rest of the island. Staff amazing, really friendly and exceptionally helpful, bar staff at the Emerald Bar are brilliant, especially Nadim and Loius two fantastic bar staff who made my stay especially nice, they could have not been more helpful, enthusiastic, definitely made me feel at welcome, adding to my enjoyment and the experience of staying there and being a regular in the Emerald Bar lol, best bar staff in the place, they understand English jokes, although their Columbian ones weren't too good.

Room Tip: Ask for one over looking the sea, especially romantic if you are a couple
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
jcastillo82g, Director of Sales & Marketing at Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear Bob B ~

Thank you for your high rating, very much appreciated. Glad to hear that our Emerald Lounge staff made of your vacation an unforgettable one and that you enjoyed bour great views of the blue Turquoise Ocean and amazing sunsets.

Once again thank you for staying with us, come back soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

First time to Curacao I came alone and did not feel out of place in any way. Everyone there was very friendly and helpful. The oceans are beautiful as well as the pools, food was exquisite each and every meal and the drinks were always prepared exactly how I asked for them. Marriott also runs several shuttles into town for site seeing and shopping, and lots of tours come to the hotel to pick you up if you sign on for them. I took my first dive lesson with Troy who uses his masterful knowledge of the skill to make you feel very comfortable underwater for the first time. He's very strict but it's only because he wants to keep you alive. Great guy.

I also had an excellent time thanks to Michelangelo, who coordinated my massage, told me about food specials, places to go and see, every time I saw him he had good stuff for me and he is full of knowledge- definitely find this guy over by the gym for good information.

And finally, probably the reason why I fell in love with Curacao was Prisca, who seems to work every job at once in how much you'll see her around the resort. Funny, charming and beautiful, no one made me feel like I belonged more than she- very genuine and honest I felt like she had been my bartender for years. She is truly a gem in the Caribbean.

I strongly recommend this location for singles, couples, families, parties, or any event you are looking to enjoy the Caribbean. I will be going back as soon as I can

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Dear Warren H ~
First of all thank you for your high rating and positive comments about our resort, we will ensure we pass your comments to Miguel Angelo and Prisca. I am sure they will be happy to know how much they contributed to make your stay enjoyable.

San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Stayed here with my seven year old son in the beginning of May. Had a great, relaxing time. Beachfront room had beautiful view. Pool was nice. Staff were great. Nothing to complain about. Would stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
jcastillo82g, Director of Sales & Marketing at Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear CindyLuv L ~

Thank you for a short but positive review, we appreciate your great feedback and we are happy you and your son had a great time with us.

Florida, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

The stay was great. We had a few problems but the front desk handled them professionally. Best hotel on the island. What made it awesome was the bartenders at emerald lounge especially Nadim! You need to stop by and see him.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear ceduda12 ~
Thank you for your great comments about Nadim, will give personally thanks for making your experience when visiting us great.

I will contact you on a separate mail to learn more about your overall stay and what we can improve or correct any issue for the enjoyment of future guests.

Thank you once again for taking the time to write your feedback.

Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino

Been to Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino? Share your experiences!