“Good hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino

Save Saved
You added Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino to your Saves list
Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   John F Kennedy Boulevard, Piscadera Bay, Willemstad, Curacao   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
30% Off in Paradise
Ranked #5 of 27 hotels in Willemstad
Sint Maarten
“Good hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here while on a recent business trip. Comfortable room, decent size. Balcony, in-room coffee maker and enough onsite entertainment /restaurant options for a short stay. Did i mention there was world cup soccer on every tv set in the lobby area - perfect if you want to keep up with the games! Free wifi in lobby, in-room there is a charge. Maid service was good; the maid that took care of my room left short hand-written notes behind each day. This added a nice little personal touch in a relatively large hotel.
The only issue i had with the room was there were limited 110volt power outlets in the room. I counted one that was empty. The majority of the outlets were 220volt.

Well worth the stay though!!

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
jcastillo82g, Director of Sales & Marketing at Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Perohla ~

Thank you for your great comments about the resort and our housekeeping staff that goes the extra mile to personalize each guest stay.

We appreciate your feedback in regards the 110/220V in the room and rest sure we will give candid feedback to our team of maintenance and engineering.

Thank you for staying with us.

1,817 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (377)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

There may be better places to stay in Curacao for food and luxury, but the customer service here is such a standout that this would definitely be our choice on a return trip. From the evening we arrived, we felt as if we had been assigned a special team to take care of us. On the second night, we sat on the pool deck overlooking the ocean. When I walked across the deck to the Seabreeze Restaurant to order dinner, Martes, the waiter, told me they didn’t serve food where we were sitting. I said I would come get it myself. He then insisted on bringing it, and continued to wait on us for the rest of the evening. The next night, we ate at the Seabreeze again, this time at a table on the deck overlooking the beach. After ordering drinks and dinner, we waited an hour and 15 minutes. Drinks came, but no dinner. Our waitress kept telling us it was coming, but it didn’t. Finally, in frustration, we went to the bar and threw ourselves on Martes’ mercy. He and our waitress quickly discovered the glitch that the order had not made it to the kitchen. We had our dinner within 5 minutes and were not charged for it. Martes kept an eye on us for the rest of the week and flew to meet our needs. Word circulated among the management/supervisor team. During our entire stay, we had VIP treatment wherever we went in the hotel—Simone at the front desk, food supervisor Prisca, bellman Terrence, supervisor Greg, waitpeople Martes and Vanessa—you are all truly amazing and should be recognized for the quality of your service. The food, while not great, was very good, with a few exceptions. On meat lover’s night, I had the best baby back ribs I’ve ever eaten. We also had a very delicious dinner at Portofino (another of the Marriott restaurants). Jessica, the dessert chef, makes flan and key lime pie that should not be missed. As for the room itself, the towels are tired and need to be replaced. The beds are very comfortable with delicious, silky bedding. Leave your soap and shampoo home. Marriott has top-notch products and is generous with them. Our towel service was uneven (on various days, no face cloths, hand towels or bathmat), but a quick phone call brought us two days of towels in minutes. The room was clean, and housekeeping seemed to know when we were leaving. No matter how long we were out, the room was done up when we got back. Overall, I have to give this Marriott 5 stars because of the customer service. There’s very little that can go wrong in a hotel that good service can’t make better. One suggestion, however, is that there is a dire need for more umbrellas and palapas (straw umbrella huts). The sun is too strong to be on the beach without an umbrella. People claim them early, and there aren’t nearly enough to go around. Please fix this. The trade winds are a blessing, but they make for rough surf all the time. This doesn’t affect the excellent snorkeling, however, as there is no undertow. The swim to the reef and back is easy.

Room Tip: We did an American Airlines package. Got a great price but no view. We expected this, however, and m...
Dear JGandCG ~

Thank you for your fabulous comments about our friendly and attentive staff, we agree 100 with you anybody can sell a bed and food but the difficult side of the equation is to sell genuine and professional, attentive customer service and that's exactly one of our mission every day at this beautiful resort.

Pensacola, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband and I just came back from a cruise in the Caribbean. One of our ports was Curacao. We decided to purchase DAY PASSES to the Marriott Beach Resort! BEST DEAL EVER! $25 per person - cheaper and more relaxing than ANY EXCURSION offered by the cruise line. It was amazingly breathtaking and we had access to everything. Pools, beach, swim up bar, spa - you name it. The staff were so polite and helpful we fell in love with the resort. Aldrin and Odette at the front desk went above and beyond to make us feel welcome. JO (the hotel shuttle operator) even took us back to the port when we HAD TO LEAVE! We will definitely be back to stay for awhile. The beach and amenities are TOP NOTCH!

Room Tip: We took taxi from port to resort - about 10 minutes away at most. $15 total
Dear Sherry H ~
Thank you for your quick stop at our resort, we are glad to see that in just one day you became one of our fans! I will encourage you to take a look at our Facebook page where you can find relevant and updated information about our facilities.

Hope to welcome you in a future complete stay.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

There are countless resorts on any number of islands in the Caribbean that have decent rooms and a nice beach. What sets the Curacao Marriott appart is their people. The staff is phenominal here. They were friendly, welcoming, extreemly accommodating of our special circumstances (honeymoon and gluten-free diet (Thanks Chef Nico, you rock!)).
Prisca at the poolside bar/restaurant (Sea Breeze) and Nadim, Ryan and Carlos at the sports bar (Emerald Lounge) became friends over the course of our 9 day stay. I can't speak highly enough of their level of service, friendliness, and fun that they added to our trip.

This was my second time staying at this particular resort and I can't wait for the third. The resort grounds and restaurants are very well designed and decorated. Everything looks great. The food was awesome and drinks even better. The rooms are standard fare for this price point, but we were told that new ownership was going to be fully renovating them.

Curacao itself has great public and private beaches on the west side. Jaanchies restaurant in the northern tip of the island is a must! The food is super fresh and very good, but the atmosphere of the place is out of this world. My wife and I loved it. There are an outrageous amount of stores and shops in Otrobanda and Punda, if you like that sort of thing. My favorite was the diving with Caribbean Sea Sports. They have their base of operations on the beach right in between Marriott and Hilton. Their staff is also great and the house reef is beautiful and full of life (you can snorkel this as well). Mushroom Forest had more coral formations but the life was more spread out.

I can't wait to come back and bit my friends again. Thank you for an amazing experience!

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Justin O ~

We appreciate your great comments about our friendly and attentive staff and we are happy to see that we were able to accommodate your needs.

We hope to welcome you for a third time!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

From the minute we stepped off of the shuttle from the short ride from the airport, every person was so friendly and accommodating. That service was consistent throughout the hotel and from the staff. They certainly know how to make someone feel welcome in their resort.

Some of the Emerald Lounge staff that were instrumental in making the stay so positive, not limited to the following:
Nadim,
Carlos,
Luis,
Iwan,
Nicolás from the kitchen

Thank you to all of you who made it such a memorable holiday.

Room Tip: Despite having chosen a 'resort-view' room, we were able to see the ocean pretty clearly. I...
Dear igamboa~

Happy to hear your anniversary was a success, thank you for the great comments about our property and staff.

We appreciate your high rating and hope to see you back very soon at our resort celebrating the next anniversary.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband and I can't say enough great things about the Marriott Resort. He had been a year ago and swore that he would take us there on our honeymoon. Everything was fantastic, but what really made our stay wonderful is the staff. Ryan, at the Emerald lounge, was the first to give us a warm welcome and some advice about things to see and do. Prisca, at the Seabreeze Restaurant, was absolutely wonderful and did everything she could for us and always stopped to chat with us when she saw us. She even made a special trip to say goodbye to us! Nadim and Chef Nico bent over backwards for us at the Emerald Lounge. I'm gluten intolerant and they went out of there way to prepare special menu items for me and for people who are gluten intolerant that means a lot!! We are going to miss all of these people so much!!! The other guys at the Emerald Lounge (Carlos and Luis) were great as well. The staff at this resort make you feel like you're at home (or in our case a better version of home). The location is superb, food was great, and again there cannot be enough said about how wonderful the staff is. We will definitely be going back for an anniversary :-)

Room Tip: We got a garden view room which is one of the lower priced rooms and you can still see the ocean.
Dear SharaOdom ~

Thank you for your great comments about our staff at Seabreeze and Emerald Lounge, We are glad you had such a great time at our resort and that you enjoy your vacation.

Please come back soon

Best regards,

Cherry Hill, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I decided to visit an island that was beneath the hurricane belt to avoid the hurricane season in June, good choice. I avoided the hurricane but the heat was sweltering so be sure to take sunscreen. Nonetheless, I wanted to be on an island to celebrate my Bday and I did just that.

Unfortunately, my initial encounter with my room was not so pleasant but the matter was resolved with a negotiated upgrade price. Then, I received a Bday slice of cake which was very thoughtful of Nina, who was working the front desk. However, I just read another visitor's review which included cake and champagne, I missed out.

Next, I must mention Prisca who provided GREAT service throughout our trip. She was an excellent host!!! In addition, Lillie, the waitress in Portfino was the BEST.

Lastly, I was quite disturbed to learn that there was a free shuttle into town after paying $30. per day for transportation into town. NO ONE at the front desk ever mentioned this complimentary service, although provided suggestions to go into town. In addition, I just read a review about a complimentary breakfast. I was not aware of this either. Please understand that these complimentary services are much appreciated by visitors. I trust that vacationers are not cheap but complimentary is always nice and places a smile on visitors faces.

Overall, GREAT trip!!! and the property is BEAUTIFUL!!!! Very romantic during the evening, its quite picturesque sitting pool side or beach side while dining, thanks to Prisca.

Dear Renee S ~

Thank you for selecting our island and hotel to celebrate your birthday. We appreciate your positive feedback about to great ladies from our staff team; Lilith and Prisca, rest sure I will give thank them for taking good care of you during your stay.

I wanted to clarify 2 important things for the reference of future guests.

First we do have a complimentary shuttle twice a day to downtown Willemstad, it’s important to mention that it is subject to availability with a capacity for aprox.10 guests per trip, transportation rules and regulations on the island controls the type and amount of service we ca provide not been an official transportation entity. Second we do not offer complimentary breakfast, In some cases the guests buy a promotional package that can include breakfast or a resort credit, This depends on availability of the offer and is always subject to change (can expire or be closed).

Once again we appreciate your comments and would love to welcome you again for your next birthday celebration.

Regards,

Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino

Been to Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino? Share your experiences!