“just what we needed and the staff was great” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino

You added Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino to your Saves list
Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   John F Kennedy Boulevard, Piscadera Bay, Willemstad, Curacao   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #6 of 30 Hotels in Willemstad
Horseshoe Bay, Texas
“just what we needed and the staff was great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

With a desire to go to someplace we had never been my wife and I headed for Curacao. We book the Marriott for a week and it was delightful. The staff was superb and the hotel was very comfortable. We would especially like to thank executive chef Enrico Luise for sharing the granola receipe which my wife is now making at home. Roland and Bryan in the lobby were always at the ready to give us advise and explain Curacao from the perspective of a local resident which we appreciated very much. Last but certainly not least were Meridith and Ivette who took such good care of us at dinner, they took the time to talk with us that makes a huge difference between eating dinner and enjoying a meal with new found friends.
We are Platinum members of Marriott and we can say with out worry that this property does Marriott proud. Our only sadness was only getting to meet Delroy on our last day but the time spent visiting was a treat. Thanks one and all for a great vacation.

J. Cook

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Koen H, Director of Operations at Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Dear J C,
Thank you your feedback on your first Curacao Experience, and thank you for your loyalty to Marriott as a brand. I truly appreciate your customership.
I am thrilled you and your wife loved our granola, and it is always great being able to share recipes so you can bring a little bit of your experience home.
I do want to invite you back so you and your wife can taste some of our other specialities!
I will personally thank Enrico, Bryan, Roland, Meredith, Yvette and Delroy for their contribution to your experience.
We all look forward welcoming you back on a return stay! If I can assist please feel free to contact me at koen.hietbrink@marriott.com
Have a great week!
Koen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (429)
seashell1601
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

Just got back from a lovely stay at the Marriott in Curacao. Beautiful grounds, pool, beach, lobby. The staff was exceptional, from Daixa at the reception, Nadim at the lobby bar, to the towel hut girl. They could not make you feel more welcome. Plenty of shade at the beach and pool areas. Great location, a short cab ride ($15) to town. Keep in mind that the shops in town close at 6pm. I'd recommend renting a car and visiting the beaches on the west end of the island. A must see is Playa Porto Mari and Porto Abou. Calm crystal clear water, fantastic for snorkeling right off the beach. About 20 - 30 minutes from the hotel. Jan Thiel beach, on the east side, is very crowded, no real beach, and very commercial. Wouldn't recommend going there. We rented a car from PRINS with no trouble at all. Definitely get the GPS, the roads are all poorly marked. Would definitely go back to the Marriott, but I hope next time the rooms have been remodeled. Very clean and large rooms, but outdated bathrooms and the room decor was nothing special. Had a wonderful time and look forward to visiting again one day!

Dear seashell1601,
Thank you for your feedback and your recommendations on the local sights and sounds.
Indeed Curacao has some amazing beaches and some great snorkel locations.
Did you try the snorkeling at the hotel? Our hotel has a beautiful reef right in front of our beach and it has some amazing wildlife to see.
We certainly hope that we can announce a renovation in the near future and will keep you posted on any developments.
Thank you for mentioning Nadim and Daixa for their exceptional service. They are true assets to our organisation and I will thank them personally for their contribution to your overall experience.
I look forward hosting you again. If I can assist in any way please feel free to email me at koen.hietbrink@marriott.com
Have a great week!
Woodland Hills
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

Second trip to Curacao Marriott.
Rooms clean and well stocked, thanks Sandy! "Outdated" rooms... who cares? Only there to sleep and shower. Simone at the front desk very efficient/helpful, we were able to get our same room... and she tolerated the "lobby lizard"... thanks!! Miguelangelo and Delroy my favorite "pool boys" friendly smiles, hugs, laughs, stories and fresh towels much appreciated. All staff very nice and trying their best to make our trip enjoyable.
Snorkeling great near dive shop outside rock jetty. Hot tub and pool beautiful. Casino (lost a little, won a little more) staff very friendly even the cashiers, won't find that in Las Vegas... Gift shop Voila for snacks and drinks was one of our favorites, again great staff. Breakfast ordered off menu, cheaper. We are light eaters and appreciated ability to split meals without snooty attitudes from staff (Unlike a lot of places we visit)
We never left the hotel because we were looking for and found complete relaxation...
We are already planning our next trip.

TIP: To avoid mosquito bites I use Mosquito Coast sunscreen/insect repellent, take garlic prior to and during trip, wash all clothes with scent free detergent, use only scent free toiletries. I only got 2 bites which were quickly alleviated by using Sting Eze and reapplying Mosquito Coast.

Room Tip: I liked being near dive shop. We don't care about the view because we don't spend much time...
Dear Cheryl,
Thank you so much for your feedback on your stay and for coming back to Curacao.
I truly appreciate your return customership and loyalty to our hotel.
If total relaxation was your goal, I am thrilled we were able to provide this. It made me so proud to read all the names of the hosts that made your stay even better and I will ensure to thank each and every one of them personally. They love what they do every day and that shows.
I took personal note of your tips against musquito bites, definately some new learnings for me. Thank you for sharing!
I look forward welcoming you back for a 3rd time and meeting you for a coffee in Voila.
See you soon.
Southampton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

Our family went to the Curacao Marriott Beach Resort to celebrate our anniversary and my birthday. The hotel and our room was kept so clean on a daily basis and we also appreciated the landscaping. We especially thank the room staff for keeping our room so clean, well stocked and organized. Thank you Daixa for first meeting us at the front desk and surprising us with wine for our anniversary and a cake for my birthday. Simone thanks for your kindness at the front desk as well. I had such a relaxing and enjoyable vacation at your resort. Thanks to all the Marriott staff!!
Ms. Fish from NJ

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Linda,
Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to host you on such a special vacation away with your loved ones.
It surely was a pleasure and I am thrilled to read you had such an amazing experience.
I will thank Daixa and Simone for the way they impacted your stay, I am very proud to have them at our front desk!
I look forward seeing you and your family back on many more return stays, and please do not hesitate to contact me at koen.hietbrink@marriott.com if I can assist in any way.
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

As Marriott rewards members, my husband and I were very disappointed with our stay at this Marriott -- to the point that we canceled our membership. Thoughts:
1. Very dated hotel, in need of updates. I could look past this, however, the tile floors made the carts that rolled by at all hours extremely loud, and every morning we woke up to doors slamming starting around 5 am and ending... never.
2. The beach is very rocky and extremely windy. Maybe I could look past this too, as it was very beautiful. Unfortunately, there is very limited space available on the beach, and it is almost impossible to get am umbrella with shade. We witnessed people on the beach getting into actual fights over beach umbrellas. Apparently the staff tells people to "reserve" their spots by placing personal items around the umbrella and on chairs... however, people with half a brain will move your things if you aren't there, and there was an inflitration of local people on the beach who were intermittently being chased off by a lone security guard. Doubt they would hesitate to steal your belongings. Bad advice, terrible hotel.
3. There were little ants all over the end table in the room... so. gross.
4. The wait at the restaurants at the hotel was ridiculous... I mean we are talking 60-90 min after ordering to receive your appetizer. Good luck with that.
5. The wait staff at the breakfast restaurant was so incredibly rude. so rude. so rude.
6. The front desk staff was friendly, polite and even somewhat helpful. To be fair, this part was good.
7. If you were wondering... no, there's no shade or space at any of the pools, either.
8. The food at the hotel is not great, greasy, expensive for small portions.
My advice would be to skip this hotel, you can do much better!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Kurt J, Manager at Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino, responded to this review, May 24, 2014
Dear Lundink,

Thank you for your detailed and candid review on TripAdvisor. Though it is never pleasant to read a review where we did not live up to the expectations of our guests, this feedback does help us to refocus and improve our service levels and attention to detail. Please accept our sincere apologies and you can be assured that we will be following up on your feedback immediately.
I am glad that the Front Desk staff were able to assist with your request. Should you wish to share more details I would welcome this and if that is the case kindly email me at: Kurt.Jackson@marriott.com

Sunny Regards,

Kurt Jackson
Front Desk Manager
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

Just returned back to reality from our 5 night vacay at this lovely gem in the Caribbean. From the moment of arrival until we departed we had smiles on our faces. Renata went out of her way to greet us every time we returned from an outing and was so sweet and very personable. Prisca stopped what she was doing to visit with us and check to make sure our every need was met every time our paths crossed. Martis (at the pool bar) makes the best frozen drinks. Honestly, they were the best drinks we have had in our lives and we are not spring chickens.

Our room was perfect. Second floor balcony beach front...no problems with it at all. Very clean, comfy beds and linens, coffee on the balcony each morning watching the bluest, clearest water lap at the fluffy sand. Gorgeous sunsets.

The casino staff (Shanella et al) were so great though never got the concept of letting US win rather than the house. :) Nena / Diana / Liliana...all people who made an impression. The staff in the Portofino was very helpful.

I celebrated my birthday while there and every staff member either sang to me, hugged me, or gave me birthday wishes all day long. I have 3 cards signed by every staff member with well wishes, and had group singing, private singing and desserts sent to me twice that day. And, the thing is...all this is from their hearts. None of this was put on or phony. These are genuine people.

When making dinner reservations for us off property, the concierge/front desk staff made sure we were given VIP treatment wherever we went. Louella and the management at this Marriott take great pride in their property and it shows. The staff in different departments were undergoing training each day we were there and when quizzed about what they learned, it was always some aspect of customer service...how to anticipate guest's needs.

From the towel hut to the bell staff, every one of the people love their job and it shows. (The only rude people we talked to were other tourists.)

Don't hesitate...book. You will not regret it.

Room Tip: Tell Renata what type of room you would like...quiet, private, festive surrounding...she will find y...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Sue,
Thank you for your great feedback on your experience with us on Curacao.
I am sure you enjoyed your birthday with us because we just love celebrating and do not miss any opportunity to throw a party.
Next year again? :)
I really appreciate the hosts that contributed to your experience and I will ensure to personally recognize them in our stand up meeting.
Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at koen.hietbrink@marriott.com if I can assist you in any way. I am at your service.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

Particularly the Chef R.at Portofino!!!!!! best meal ever!!!!
Location was perfect- snorkeling superb! Staff was always accommodating and friendly. It was a much needed relaxing retreat. The massage and facial at ocean's edge by a skilled and friendly A. was the icing on my
Birthday cake!

• Stayed May 2014
Koen H, Director of Operations at Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Dear Snowhi 1027,
It is great to hear about your experience at our resort.
I personally recommend the snorkeling to all of our guests as well as it is truly a great asset of our property and so close by.
I would love to hear the full names of R and A so I can personally thank them for the impact they had on your stay. You can email me at koen.hietbrink@marriott.com
I look forward to personally welcoming you back on Curacao soon.
Sunny regards.
Koen

Been to Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino? Share your experiences!