“Excellent stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino

Save Saved
You added Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino to your Saves list
Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   John F Kennedy Boulevard, Piscadera Bay, Willemstad, Curacao   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
30% Off in Paradise
Ranked #5 of 27 hotels in Willemstad
Southampton, New Jersey
“Excellent stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

Our family went to the Curacao Marriott Beach Resort to celebrate our anniversary and my birthday. The hotel and our room was kept so clean on a daily basis and we also appreciated the landscaping. We especially thank the room staff for keeping our room so clean, well stocked and organized. Thank you Daixa for first meeting us at the front desk and surprising us with wine for our anniversary and a cake for my birthday. Simone thanks for your kindness at the front desk as well. I had such a relaxing and enjoyable vacation at your resort. Thanks to all the Marriott staff!!
Ms. Fish from NJ

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Koen H, Director of Operations at Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Dear Linda,
Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to host you on such a special vacation away with your loved ones.
It surely was a pleasure and I am thrilled to read you had such an amazing experience.
I will thank Daixa and Simone for the way they impacted your stay, I am very proud to have them at our front desk!
I look forward seeing you and your family back on many more return stays, and please do not hesitate to contact me at koen.hietbrink@marriott.com if I can assist in any way.
Sunny regards,

1,788 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (380)
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

As Marriott rewards members, my husband and I were very disappointed with our stay at this Marriott -- to the point that we canceled our membership. Thoughts:
1. Very dated hotel, in need of updates. I could look past this, however, the tile floors made the carts that rolled by at all hours extremely loud, and every morning we woke up to doors slamming starting around 5 am and ending... never.
2. The beach is very rocky and extremely windy. Maybe I could look past this too, as it was very beautiful. Unfortunately, there is very limited space available on the beach, and it is almost impossible to get am umbrella with shade. We witnessed people on the beach getting into actual fights over beach umbrellas. Apparently the staff tells people to "reserve" their spots by placing personal items around the umbrella and on chairs... however, people with half a brain will move your things if you aren't there, and there was an inflitration of local people on the beach who were intermittently being chased off by a lone security guard. Doubt they would hesitate to steal your belongings. Bad advice, terrible hotel.
3. There were little ants all over the end table in the room... so. gross.
4. The wait at the restaurants at the hotel was ridiculous... I mean we are talking 60-90 min after ordering to receive your appetizer. Good luck with that.
5. The wait staff at the breakfast restaurant was so incredibly rude. so rude. so rude.
6. The front desk staff was friendly, polite and even somewhat helpful. To be fair, this part was good.
7. If you were wondering... no, there's no shade or space at any of the pools, either.
8. The food at the hotel is not great, greasy, expensive for small portions.
My advice would be to skip this hotel, you can do much better!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Kurt J, Manager at Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino, responded to this review, May 24, 2014
Dear Lundink,

Thank you for your detailed and candid review on TripAdvisor. Though it is never pleasant to read a review where we did not live up to the expectations of our guests, this feedback does help us to refocus and improve our service levels and attention to detail. Please accept our sincere apologies and you can be assured that we will be following up on your feedback immediately.
I am glad that the Front Desk staff were able to assist with your request. Should you wish to share more details I would welcome this and if that is the case kindly email me at: Kurt.Jackson@marriott.com

Sunny Regards,

Kurt Jackson
Front Desk Manager
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

Just returned back to reality from our 5 night vacay at this lovely gem in the Caribbean. From the moment of arrival until we departed we had smiles on our faces. Renata went out of her way to greet us every time we returned from an outing and was so sweet and very personable. Prisca stopped what she was doing to visit with us and check to make sure our every need was met every time our paths crossed. Martis (at the pool bar) makes the best frozen drinks. Honestly, they were the best drinks we have had in our lives and we are not spring chickens.

Our room was perfect. Second floor balcony beach front...no problems with it at all. Very clean, comfy beds and linens, coffee on the balcony each morning watching the bluest, clearest water lap at the fluffy sand. Gorgeous sunsets.

The casino staff (Shanella et al) were so great though never got the concept of letting US win rather than the house. :) Nena / Diana / Liliana...all people who made an impression. The staff in the Portofino was very helpful.

I celebrated my birthday while there and every staff member either sang to me, hugged me, or gave me birthday wishes all day long. I have 3 cards signed by every staff member with well wishes, and had group singing, private singing and desserts sent to me twice that day. And, the thing is...all this is from their hearts. None of this was put on or phony. These are genuine people.

When making dinner reservations for us off property, the concierge/front desk staff made sure we were given VIP treatment wherever we went. Louella and the management at this Marriott take great pride in their property and it shows. The staff in different departments were undergoing training each day we were there and when quizzed about what they learned, it was always some aspect of customer service...how to anticipate guest's needs.

From the towel hut to the bell staff, every one of the people love their job and it shows. (The only rude people we talked to were other tourists.)

Don't hesitate...book. You will not regret it.

Room Tip: Tell Renata what type of room you would like...quiet, private, festive surrounding...she will find y...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Sue,
Thank you for your great feedback on your experience with us on Curacao.
I am sure you enjoyed your birthday with us because we just love celebrating and do not miss any opportunity to throw a party.
Next year again? :)
I really appreciate the hosts that contributed to your experience and I will ensure to personally recognize them in our stand up meeting.
Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at koen.hietbrink@marriott.com if I can assist you in any way. I am at your service.
Sunny regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

Particularly the Chef R.at Portofino!!!!!! best meal ever!!!!
Location was perfect- snorkeling superb! Staff was always accommodating and friendly. It was a much needed relaxing retreat. The massage and facial at ocean's edge by a skilled and friendly A. was the icing on my
Birthday cake!

• Stayed May 2014
Koen H, Director of Operations at Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Dear Snowhi 1027,
It is great to hear about your experience at our resort.
I personally recommend the snorkeling to all of our guests as well as it is truly a great asset of our property and so close by.
I would love to hear the full names of R and A so I can personally thank them for the impact they had on your stay. You can email me at koen.hietbrink@marriott.com
I look forward to personally welcoming you back on Curacao soon.
Sunny regards.
Bogota, Colombia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

We would like to thanks Marriott Curazao staff. They made our celebration memorable The service was impecable. We held a special dinner at the beach. They prepared a delicious cake for the 50 anniversary of our group of friends. We would like to mention Shounaris and Lis they were very friendly and helped us in many ways.

Food in all restaurants was very good. They served some island specialties that were tasty

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Koen H, Director of Operations at Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Dear VaferTouring,
Congratulations on your 50th anniversary and thank you so much for spending it with us together with your friends.
It is always a pleasure and honor to create an event special to your group and to your needs.
Thank you for highlighting Shunaris and Lis for their service.
I look forward welcoming you back to Curacao soon. Please email me at koen.hietbrink@marriott.com if I can assist you in any way.
Sunny regards.
Havertown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

When you drive up the Marriott's driveway you are immediately taken with the stunning setting. The open lobby architecture affords an incredible see-through view of the lobby, pool deck, and beautiful beach and ocean. Yup, you're on vacation!

Every single person who helped us - front desk, bellman, waiters in the restaurants - was incredibly friendly and helpful, going out of their way to smile and accommodate our special needs.

The breakfast buffet was quite extensive and delicious, and the beach is lovely for a swim. As a scuba diver it was quite convenient to have a dive shop right on property.

We will be back!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
jcastillo82g, Director of Sales & Marketing at Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Dear Tony_VV

We appreciate very much your great review about our stunning sense of arrival, glad to hear your breakfast experience was awesome and our friendly and attentive staff was able to accommodate all of your needs with a big smile all the time.

Please come back soon

Best regards

Jose Castillo
Director of sales & marketing
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

After initially being booked at a nearby hotel for our 25th anniversary and finding it lacking in many areas, finding the Marriott and having the friendly front desk staff be so accommodating and finding a beachfront, walkout room, close to the pool and other amenities for us was a dream come true!

Other than the exception of a single staff member, the staff on the whole were courteous, kind, patient and accommodating. Special thanks to Daixa at the Front Desk for the handwritten anniversary card sent along with champagne to our room. Thanks also to Pooja for finding out info on the local churches in the area. Our biggest thank you goes to Terrence Rombley who has multiple roles at the hotel but was a true gem to meet and get to know a bit during our 9 day stay. His big smile, welcoming manner, sincerity and love of his job was evident throughout our stay and The Marriott is truly fortunate to have him on their team.

The well tended gardens, beautiful oceanfront and pool was a pleasure to come back to at the end of each day. I felt secure with a security guard roaming throughout the grounds and enjoyed some of the best snorkeling on the island right in their own 'manmade' bay. After a day snorkeling & swimming it was also very fun to visit Cerita out at "The Boardroom" for her daily drink special. Though the hotel was almost full I never found the pool or beach jam packed with people and there was always lots going on whether it was a beachfront wedding, Miss Universe Curacao contestants visiting or the nightly entertainment at the pub.
My husband & I had an absolutely fabulous time there for our anniversary and would definitely highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Beachfront, walkout room was great if you wanted "first dibs" on the lounge chairs right o...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
jcastillo82g, Director of Sales and Marketing at Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Dear Shelley W ~
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review, glad to hear that you enjoyed our beach front location, natural coral reef which is excellent for snorkeling or diving and also the great ambiance you experienced by having many theme nights, culinary events and live entertainment.

Once again thank you for staying with us and for giving us the preference while comparing us to the other hotel, we hope you come back soon to have another great time.

Best regards,

Jose Castillo
Director of Sales & Marketing
Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino

Been to Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino? Share your experiences!