As Marriott rewards members, my husband and I were very disappointed with our stay at this Marriott -- to the point that we canceled our membership. Thoughts:
1. Very dated hotel, in need of updates. I could look past this, however, the tile floors made the carts that rolled by at all hours extremely loud, and every morning we woke up to doors slamming starting around 5 am and ending... never.
2. The beach is very rocky and extremely windy. Maybe I could look past this too, as it was very beautiful. Unfortunately, there is very limited space available on the beach, and it is almost impossible to get am umbrella with shade. We witnessed people on the beach getting into actual fights over beach umbrellas. Apparently the staff tells people to "reserve" their spots by placing personal items around the umbrella and on chairs... however, people with half a brain will move your things if you aren't there, and there was an inflitration of local people on the beach who were intermittently being chased off by a lone security guard. Doubt they would hesitate to steal your belongings. Bad advice, terrible hotel.
3. There were little ants all over the end table in the room... so. gross.
4. The wait at the restaurants at the hotel was ridiculous... I mean we are talking 60-90 min after ordering to receive your appetizer. Good luck with that.
5. The wait staff at the breakfast restaurant was so incredibly rude. so rude. so rude.
6. The front desk staff was friendly, polite and even somewhat helpful. To be fair, this part was good.
7. If you were wondering... no, there's no shade or space at any of the pools, either.
8. The food at the hotel is not great, greasy, expensive for small portions.
My advice would be to skip this hotel, you can do much better!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Bay Casino are located directly on a private beach in Willemstad, Curacao. Spend your days basking in the sun at our resort pool or beach, or experiencing all history and adventure Curacao has to offer through our on site Tour and Car Rental desk. Once the sunsets, you will experience amazing dining by sea at our beachfront restaurant Seabreeze. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Booking.com, Tingo, Odigeo, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Hotel Willemstad
- Curacao Marriott Beach Resort And Emerald Casino
- Marriott Willemstad
- Curacao Marriott Beach Hotel Emerald
- Marriott Curacao
- Willemstad Marriott
- Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino Willemstad