“Excellent!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino

You added Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino to your Saves list
Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   John F Kennedy Boulevard, Piscadera Bay, Willemstad, Curacao   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Early Booking Special
Ranked #6 of 30 Hotels in Willemstad
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

Particularly the Chef R.at Portofino!!!!!! best meal ever!!!!
Location was perfect- snorkeling superb! Staff was always accommodating and friendly. It was a much needed relaxing retreat. The massage and facial at ocean's edge by a skilled and friendly A. was the icing on my
Birthday cake!

• Stayed May 2014
Koen H, Director of Operations at Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Dear Snowhi 1027,
It is great to hear about your experience at our resort.
I personally recommend the snorkeling to all of our guests as well as it is truly a great asset of our property and so close by.
I would love to hear the full names of R and A so I can personally thank them for the impact they had on your stay. You can email me at koen.hietbrink@marriott.com
I look forward to personally welcoming you back on Curacao soon.
Sunny regards.
Koen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (417)
Bogota, Colombia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

We would like to thanks Marriott Curazao staff. They made our celebration memorable The service was impecable. We held a special dinner at the beach. They prepared a delicious cake for the 50 anniversary of our group of friends. We would like to mention Shounaris and Lis they were very friendly and helped us in many ways.

Food in all restaurants was very good. They served some island specialties that were tasty

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Koen H, Director of Operations at Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Dear VaferTouring,
Congratulations on your 50th anniversary and thank you so much for spending it with us together with your friends.
It is always a pleasure and honor to create an event special to your group and to your needs.
Thank you for highlighting Shunaris and Lis for their service.
I look forward welcoming you back to Curacao soon. Please email me at koen.hietbrink@marriott.com if I can assist you in any way.
Sunny regards.
Koen
Havertown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

When you drive up the Marriott's driveway you are immediately taken with the stunning setting. The open lobby architecture affords an incredible see-through view of the lobby, pool deck, and beautiful beach and ocean. Yup, you're on vacation!

Every single person who helped us - front desk, bellman, waiters in the restaurants - was incredibly friendly and helpful, going out of their way to smile and accommodate our special needs.

The breakfast buffet was quite extensive and delicious, and the beach is lovely for a swim. As a scuba diver it was quite convenient to have a dive shop right on property.

We will be back!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
jcastillo82g, Director of Sales & Marketing at Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Dear Tony_VV

We appreciate very much your great review about our stunning sense of arrival, glad to hear your breakfast experience was awesome and our friendly and attentive staff was able to accommodate all of your needs with a big smile all the time.

Please come back soon

Best regards

Director of sales & marketing
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

After initially being booked at a nearby hotel for our 25th anniversary and finding it lacking in many areas, finding the Marriott and having the friendly front desk staff be so accommodating and finding a beachfront, walkout room, close to the pool and other amenities for us was a dream come true!

Other than the exception of a single staff member, the staff on the whole were courteous, kind, patient and accommodating. Special thanks to Daixa at the Front Desk for the handwritten anniversary card sent along with champagne to our room. Thanks also to Pooja for finding out info on the local churches in the area. Our biggest thank you goes to Terrence Rombley who has multiple roles at the hotel but was a true gem to meet and get to know a bit during our 9 day stay. His big smile, welcoming manner, sincerity and love of his job was evident throughout our stay and The Marriott is truly fortunate to have him on their team.

The well tended gardens, beautiful oceanfront and pool was a pleasure to come back to at the end of each day. I felt secure with a security guard roaming throughout the grounds and enjoyed some of the best snorkeling on the island right in their own 'manmade' bay. After a day snorkeling & swimming it was also very fun to visit Cerita out at "The Boardroom" for her daily drink special. Though the hotel was almost full I never found the pool or beach jam packed with people and there was always lots going on whether it was a beachfront wedding, Miss Universe Curacao contestants visiting or the nightly entertainment at the pub.
My husband & I had an absolutely fabulous time there for our anniversary and would definitely highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Beachfront, walkout room was great if you wanted "first dibs" on the lounge chairs right o...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
jcastillo82g, Director of Sales and Marketing at Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Dear Shelley W ~
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review, glad to hear that you enjoyed our beach front location, natural coral reef which is excellent for snorkeling or diving and also the great ambiance you experienced by having many theme nights, culinary events and live entertainment.

Once again thank you for staying with us and for giving us the preference while comparing us to the other hotel, we hope you come back soon to have another great time.

Best regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

Great hotel and the service was impeccable. Great beach, beautiful sunsets and very family friendly. Can't wait to go back. There are several good restaurants on site, with an excellent sports bar called Emerald with plenty of US sports. The staff and service is outstanding. Other good restaurants outside the hotel in walking distance. Beach front is beautiful and not overly crowded with a dive a snorkeling shop located on the property. There is plenty of snorkeling right off the beach on the reef. Hotel is a 10 min ride to Willemstad which has lots shopping and some very nice restaurants that are right on the water. You are missing out if you don’t visit this resort.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
jcastillo82g, Director of Sales and Marketing at Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Dear Geg L~

Thank you for staying with us and for rating us such high, appreciate your loyalty to Marriott and for Prefering Curacao Marriott.

Please come back soon !

Curacao Marriott Beach Resort and Emerald Casino
Mayaguez, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Checked for only a night due to distance where I was working, but just than less than 24hrs in the compound, it felt great. The staff was super attentive and the room extra clean, no complaints on service neither in the breakfast service. Too bad it was too quick

Room Tip: Too fast to look around for a best room location
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
jcastillo82g, Director of Sales & Marketing at Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Dear William G~

Thank you for your positive review; I agree 100% with you too short to enjoy all of our bars, restaurants, white sandy beach, pool and great ambiance.

Moral of the story.... You need to come back soon to enjoy a nice vacation.

We hope to welcome yo soon.

Best regards

Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

I have two moderate requests for when I travel - Not to have a hotel room located next to the elevator and, second, not to be located on the ground floor (for security).

It may be my fault in how I stated the elevator request. My room was actually not next to the elevator but only the closest room on the entire floor to the elevator. This means that any food cart, housekeeping cart, bulky roller bag luggage, or drunk guest will ultimately pass my room en route to destination. It was loud.

Second, once realizing that I had been placed in a ground floor room (with two ways to enter from two sides) I requested a new room on any other floor. I was told I couldn't be accommodated, but the staff would check again the next day and continuously if something opened up. I never heard back after the first request and stopped asking as it was clear the staff did not really care (I stayed for a week). Judging from crowds, the hotel was not even close to occupancy. If anyone ever stays on the first floor here's my warning: you may be staying in the darkest room in the Caribbean.

A few other things future customers should know -

- There is a slight insect presence in the rooms (at least the first floor rooms).

- It will take effort for the staff to notice that you may need service at any of the restaurants or bars. I actually thought one of the venues had closed until I realized I was being dismissed (for about 30 min) as other "new patrons" we're being served.

- My blackout curtains would not close entirely. There were pins missing in the rack. Being on the first floor, this was an issue.

- The hotel is loud. And not in a loud way like people are having a good time but loud in a way that I can hear my fellow guest, in the room above me, go to the bathroom. And that is even before they flush. You will hear the entire process. Clearly.

- Finally, the grounds of the hotel are beautiful, the pool and beach area are amazing, and the gym/spa are excellent.

• Stayed May 2014
Louella B, General Manager at Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Dear "Non Tourist 10" Guest,
Thank you for your detailed and candid review on TripAdvisor. Though it is never pleasant to read a review where we did not live up to the expectations of our guests, this feedback does help us to refocus and improve our service levels and attention to detail. Please accept our sincere apologies and you can be assured that we will be following up on your feedback immediately.
I am glad that you enjoyed the grounds, pool and beach facilities. Should you wish to share more details I would welcome this. In that case kindly email me at: louella.brezovar@marriott.com.
Sunny Regards,
Louella

Been to Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino? Share your experiences!