“lovely facility, friendly service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino

Save Saved
You added Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino to your Saves list
Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   John F Kennedy Boulevard, Piscadera Bay, Willemstad, Curacao   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #6 of 27 hotels in Willemstad
Havertown, Pennsylvania
“lovely facility, friendly service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

When you drive up the Marriott's driveway you are immediately taken with the stunning setting. The open lobby architecture affords an incredible see-through view of the lobby, pool deck, and beautiful beach and ocean. Yup, you're on vacation!

Every single person who helped us - front desk, bellman, waiters in the restaurants - was incredibly friendly and helpful, going out of their way to smile and accommodate our special needs.

The breakfast buffet was quite extensive and delicious, and the beach is lovely for a swim. As a scuba diver it was quite convenient to have a dive shop right on property.

We will be back!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
jcastillo82g, Director of Sales & Marketing at Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Dear Tony_VV

We appreciate very much your great review about our stunning sense of arrival, glad to hear your breakfast experience was awesome and our friendly and attentive staff was able to accommodate all of your needs with a big smile all the time.

Please come back soon

Best regards

Director of sales & marketing

1,817 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (386)
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

After initially being booked at a nearby hotel for our 25th anniversary and finding it lacking in many areas, finding the Marriott and having the friendly front desk staff be so accommodating and finding a beachfront, walkout room, close to the pool and other amenities for us was a dream come true!

Other than the exception of a single staff member, the staff on the whole were courteous, kind, patient and accommodating. Special thanks to Daixa at the Front Desk for the handwritten anniversary card sent along with champagne to our room. Thanks also to Pooja for finding out info on the local churches in the area. Our biggest thank you goes to Terrence Rombley who has multiple roles at the hotel but was a true gem to meet and get to know a bit during our 9 day stay. His big smile, welcoming manner, sincerity and love of his job was evident throughout our stay and The Marriott is truly fortunate to have him on their team.

The well tended gardens, beautiful oceanfront and pool was a pleasure to come back to at the end of each day. I felt secure with a security guard roaming throughout the grounds and enjoyed some of the best snorkeling on the island right in their own 'manmade' bay. After a day snorkeling & swimming it was also very fun to visit Cerita out at "The Boardroom" for her daily drink special. Though the hotel was almost full I never found the pool or beach jam packed with people and there was always lots going on whether it was a beachfront wedding, Miss Universe Curacao contestants visiting or the nightly entertainment at the pub.
My husband & I had an absolutely fabulous time there for our anniversary and would definitely highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Beachfront, walkout room was great if you wanted "first dibs" on the lounge chairs right o...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
jcastillo82g, Director of Sales and Marketing at Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Dear Shelley W ~
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review, glad to hear that you enjoyed our beach front location, natural coral reef which is excellent for snorkeling or diving and also the great ambiance you experienced by having many theme nights, culinary events and live entertainment.

Once again thank you for staying with us and for giving us the preference while comparing us to the other hotel, we hope you come back soon to have another great time.

Best regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

Great hotel and the service was impeccable. Great beach, beautiful sunsets and very family friendly. Can't wait to go back. There are several good restaurants on site, with an excellent sports bar called Emerald with plenty of US sports. The staff and service is outstanding. Other good restaurants outside the hotel in walking distance. Beach front is beautiful and not overly crowded with a dive a snorkeling shop located on the property. There is plenty of snorkeling right off the beach on the reef. Hotel is a 10 min ride to Willemstad which has lots shopping and some very nice restaurants that are right on the water. You are missing out if you don’t visit this resort.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
jcastillo82g, Director of Sales and Marketing at Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Dear Geg L~

Thank you for staying with us and for rating us such high, appreciate your loyalty to Marriott and for Prefering Curacao Marriott.

Please come back soon !

Curacao Marriott Beach Resort and Emerald Casino
Mayaguez, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Checked for only a night due to distance where I was working, but just than less than 24hrs in the compound, it felt great. The staff was super attentive and the room extra clean, no complaints on service neither in the breakfast service. Too bad it was too quick

Room Tip: Too fast to look around for a best room location
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
jcastillo82g, Director of Sales & Marketing at Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Dear William G~

Thank you for your positive review; I agree 100% with you too short to enjoy all of our bars, restaurants, white sandy beach, pool and great ambiance.

Moral of the story.... You need to come back soon to enjoy a nice vacation.

We hope to welcome yo soon.

Best regards

Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

I have two moderate requests for when I travel - Not to have a hotel room located next to the elevator and, second, not to be located on the ground floor (for security).

It may be my fault in how I stated the elevator request. My room was actually not next to the elevator but only the closest room on the entire floor to the elevator. This means that any food cart, housekeeping cart, bulky roller bag luggage, or drunk guest will ultimately pass my room en route to destination. It was loud.

Second, once realizing that I had been placed in a ground floor room (with two ways to enter from two sides) I requested a new room on any other floor. I was told I couldn't be accommodated, but the staff would check again the next day and continuously if something opened up. I never heard back after the first request and stopped asking as it was clear the staff did not really care (I stayed for a week). Judging from crowds, the hotel was not even close to occupancy. If anyone ever stays on the first floor here's my warning: you may be staying in the darkest room in the Caribbean.

A few other things future customers should know -

- There is a slight insect presence in the rooms (at least the first floor rooms).

- It will take effort for the staff to notice that you may need service at any of the restaurants or bars. I actually thought one of the venues had closed until I realized I was being dismissed (for about 30 min) as other "new patrons" we're being served.

- My blackout curtains would not close entirely. There were pins missing in the rack. Being on the first floor, this was an issue.

- The hotel is loud. And not in a loud way like people are having a good time but loud in a way that I can hear my fellow guest, in the room above me, go to the bathroom. And that is even before they flush. You will hear the entire process. Clearly.

- Finally, the grounds of the hotel are beautiful, the pool and beach area are amazing, and the gym/spa are excellent.

• Stayed May 2014
Louella B, General Manager at Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Dear "Non Tourist 10" Guest,
Thank you for your detailed and candid review on TripAdvisor. Though it is never pleasant to read a review where we did not live up to the expectations of our guests, this feedback does help us to refocus and improve our service levels and attention to detail. Please accept our sincere apologies and you can be assured that we will be following up on your feedback immediately.
I am glad that you enjoyed the grounds, pool and beach facilities. Should you wish to share more details I would welcome this. In that case kindly email me at: louella.brezovar@marriott.com.
Sunny Regards,
Louella
Fort Mill, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

I stayed at the Curacao Marriott Beach Resort for my birthday and had a wonderful time. The staff was amazing. I was greeted my Cesar when we arrived and he made us feel very welcome. He was very helpful with our luggage and assisted my wife in getting situated. Next I met Gianne and she continued to make me feel special. The check-in process was easy and the room was excellent. We spent some time at the pool and met Monique (Restaurant Supervisor) and the warm friendly atmosphere was continued. Our server - Lysandy was equally as warm and friendly. I would highly recommend staying at this Marriott.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Koen H, Director of Operations at Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Dear Herschel M,
Happy Birthday and thank you for celebrating with us on Curacao!
I am thrilled to read about our hosts and how they each contributed to the experience you had with us.
Welcoming, warm and friendly encounters create wonderful experiences and I am proud of Cesar, Gianne, Monique, and Lysandra for their great work.
I look forward welcoming you back soon! Please feel free to contact me at koen.hietbrink@marriott.com if I can assist in any way.
Sunny regards,
Koen
High Point, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

Thank you Marriott Beach Resort Curacao for an outstanding vacation!!! We usually go to Aruba, but this year we wanted to try a new place; and we are certainly glad we did! The hotel property is very well maintained and just beautiful everywhere you look. The lobby area is stunning to see when you arrive; and Gianne at the front desk immediately set the tone for the week by her gracious, friendly demeanor! We were pleasantly surprised to be upgraded to a beach front room on the first floor with a great view, and within easy walking distance to all areas of the property. Our room attendant Julacia kept the room spotless! Bring water shoes, as there are some rocks in the water. This way you can really enjoy the fun of playing and swimming in the big waves! My husband went to the beach around 7:15 each morning to place towels on the palapa we wanted for the day. We ate a delicious breakfast at Portofino restaurant each day, and usually requested outside seating which was delightful!(look for the iguana in the tree!) Meredith (restaurant supervisor) made a point of talking to everyone each morning, and making you feel really "at home" in this paradise of a resort! For lunch you can get an inexpensive, tasty sandwich or pastry at Voila Deli, and Monique is so helpful and friendly there. Make sure you try "BBQ on the Beach" one night, as it's a fun experience with great seafood! Also, Sea Breeze Restaurant is another lovely,outside dining spot for enjoying great local cuisine and a stunning sunset! Portofino Restaurant at night is wonderful because of the food, service and ambiance which we enjoyed one night for my husband's birthday! A big "thank you" to Gianne ( front desk) for sending a bottle of wine and a delicious cake to help him celebrate! Daixa and Pooja (from front desk) are to be thanked also for always being so friendly, informative and helpful with local attractions and restaurants.Take the free hotel shuttle into town one day and experience the beauty of Willemstad! The small casino at the hotel is lots of fun, and try the hot tub at night with the stars overhead! Wow! We were so happy we chose Curacao this year and especially the Marriott Resort!!! The friendly staff are tremendous, beach is awesome, food is wonderful and the whole atmosphere amazing! Go to Curacao and stay at the Marriott Beach Resort!!! Thank you all for a wonderful vacation, and we look forward to returning again soon!!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Koen H, Director of Operations at Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Dear Mary Ellen,
Thank you for choosing Curacao for your most recent vacation destination.
Although only 40 miles away, it is a world of difference with Aruba and we were certainly happy with the opportunity to introduce ourselves to you.
I am recognizing all those great hosts that contributed to making your stay with us better than you thought it would be.
Thank you for visiting all of our outlets and trying out our Food and Beverage offerings as well as the Casino.
I look forward to another opportunity to host you on Curacao. Feel free to contact me at koen.hietbrink@marriott.com for assistance. I am at your service!
Sunny regards.
Koen

Been to Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino? Share your experiences!