“Home away from home!!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino

You added Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino to your Saves list
Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   John F Kennedy Boulevard | Piscadera Bay, Willemstad, Curacao   |
Hotel deals
Certificate of Excellence 2014
New York
“Home away from home!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

I was a little hesitant to stay at the Curaçao Mariott based on some recent reviews, but I am glad to say that I ignored them! Ok, ok, I know the furniture in the room is a little older, but who cares? I care about a clean pool (which was so-so due to the kids that played catch with dirty tennis balls in the
Pool and wind blowing palm tree leaves into the pool), clean rooms, and good service! I like to feel like I'm on vacation and that I being catered to. I do not want someone to act like they are a slave, I just want to feel like I am paying for a service and that I matter. It shouldn't matter that I am not a millionaire- I am a guest and you want me to give a good recommendation and perhaps come back again and bring others. I definitely would recommend the Curaçao Mariott. From the lobby staff, to the wait staff, to the bartenders, to the security! Everyone was beyond professional! You must speak to Ryan at the Emerald Lounge. He will tell you about the local nightlife. Edwin at the swim up bar will mix up you up an intoxicating cocktail. Jayleesa at the reception desk will help you with activities along with the tourism and rental car desk. I heard about IRIE tours online and inquired about it at the front desk. I asked Jayleesa about it. She was not familiar with it, so she went online and got their number. She called them and got their schedule and found out if there were tours still available during my stay. Who does that? Curaçao Mariott does. In fact all the Mariotts I have stayed at Internationally have gone above and beyond their job to make me feel special and to make me want to come back and recommend them. Edsel is great at the Emerald Lounge as well! Pooja is great at the reception desk in the
lobby as well. The only two complaints was the pool. It was windy and pieces of the palm trees would blow into the pool and I noticed the maid did not change my sheets. There was a stain on my sheet and I noticed after the room was cleaned, the stain was still there. I expect the sheets and towels to be changed every day.

• Stayed April 2014
Nicky S, Marketing Coordinator at Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear Latinaprima,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lengthy Tripadvisor review regarding your recent stay with us. I am thrilled to read you had such a wonderful time in Curacao and that our entire team treated you so friendly. We are very fortunate to have so many great staff members who pride themselves on delivering great service to all our guests. I will make sure all out teams will hear your wonderful words, especially Ryan, Edwin, Jayleesa, Edsel and Pooja!

Please be assured that we are taking your feedback about the pool and the bed sheets to heart and we will be addressing this with the team as well.

Thank you once more and I hope we can welcome you back to our resort in the near future. We will always be your home away from home!

Warm regards,

Nicky Spijkerman
Marketing Coordinator

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (498)
Baltimore, Md
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

The resort grounds and beach are fantastic. It really is as beautiful as the pictures suggest, and very clean. The service is on "island time", but in general they did a great job.

We opted for the all-inclusive package which is not managed in the same way as other all-inclusive resorts we have visited. We had to sign a tab for all our food and drink, and not everything on the menu was covered by the package. It was a little confusing at first. There are three restaurants, but they are not "themed" by type of cuisine, so the food choices felt a bit limited. If you have a shellfish allergy (as my wife does) or you are a vegetarian, the menu can get monotonous.

We had a fantastic time, and I would recommend this resort.

Room Tip: We were a bit concerned about the "resort view" room, thinking we might end up next to a n...
Reading, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

This hotel is a $15 cab ride from Williamstaad. There is a shuttle bus 2 times daily. ..but at odd times. 9am &2pm.it would be great if they would expand the shuttle service. Hotel, service, cleanliness and beach are all fabulous. Restaurant service is on island time. Food is good but pricy. They tack on a 15% service fee for everything except the deli. Think about renting a car for a few days. You can get one right at the hotel.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

Marriott hotel in Curacao is really a great choice. The property is beautiful, it has a private, big beach and one of the best snorkling opportunities just few meters from your hotel room. Staying in this hotel you really can get the feeling of the tropical island with lots of beautiful plants around, lizards, iguanas and pelicans.
If you like snorkling, try the last hotel beach on the right where the Diving shop is locates, just swimming past the rocks you can see plenty of colourful fishes, big tarpon fishes and if you are lucky - there is a huge yellow moray eel that comes often to those rocks.
The hotel rooms are big and well kept with a nice balcony. We had a room overlooking the part of the beach, it was very quiet and clean.
The hotel has really great breakfast options, lots of choices, fresh fruit, pancake and tortilla stations, all very tasty and with a very nice service.
Our favourite spot was the beach bar - Cerita makes the best coctails in Curacao! There is also beautiful sunset spot where you can have your massage during the sunset hour (the spa offers also a couples massage) but unfortunately we did not have enough of time to try it.
The location is also very good - just few minutes to the main city Willemstaad and connected well with all the roads leading to other parts of the island. We did several trips to Playa Lagun, Playa Porto Marie, Santa Barbara Resort, Snorkling trip, etc.
If I visit again Curacao I will definately stay again in the Marriott hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Louella B, General Manager at Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
Dear Traveling_CJ,
Thank you for your kind review of our resort. I am thrilled that you had such a great time. The snorkeling and diving at our hotel is indeed amazing and I am excited that you enjoyed it so much as well. I am glad that you enjoyed our spacious rooms and that our breakfast lived up to your expectations. Cerita at the Boardroom Beach Bar is a true Gem and we cherish her very much! I will ensure that she gets recognized for your compliment of her cocktails! I look forward to welcoming you back personally in the future.
Sunny Regards,
Louella
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

Just got back, and Marriott was perfect location in Curacao. Much better than Hilton, next door. Traveled to Playa Lagun, and although it was very nice snorkeling, we preferred the snorkeling right at the Marriott. We heard this same comment from a few other guests.
The staff at Marriott are so friendly and took such great care of us! Truly some of the nicest most friendly people - ALL of them!
The beach is wonderfully sandy, but water shoes are needed for swimming as there are rocks. Great house reef! This was our main reason for coming - to snorkel. Swim outside of the breakwater and snorkel along the rocks - a nice reef has developed. We saw quite a few large puffers. Also, large brain coral inside of the breakwater for super easy access and great for a beginner.
Portofino restaurant food was good. Small casino, with a craps table, was fun to try, and the dealers and manager were very friendly and helpful.
Trade winds are comfortable and welcome, although our last day the winds got a bit out of hand and sand was blowing. We turned our beach chairs so our back was to the wind and enjoyed the view. If you go to Curacao this is THE place to stay!

Room Tip: Upgrade to a beachfront room on the ground floor. Easy beach access!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Koen H, Director of Operations at Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Dear LiftnLady,
We loved reading your review! Thank you so much for sharing.
The reef just in front of our beach indeed provides for an excellent snorkel experience for beginners to advanced, and it definately adds to the beach experience at our hotel.
Thank you again, and I look forward to hosting you on a next occasion.
Feel free to contact me at koen.hietbrink@marriott.com if I can be of any assistance.
Sunny regards,
Panama City, Panama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

I am a Marriott fan. Their staff is always very nice. Got a welcome beer which was a nice touch.
The beach on the hotel is nice, also the pool.
The building, rooms and bathroom need an update. You can tell that the building has been there for a whike. There are 2 sides on the island: Punda and Otrobanda. This hotel is on the Otrobanda side which is not the touristic side. Most restaurants and touristic beaches and thibgs to do are on the Punda side. A taxi one way to town is $15. Most people rent a car (highly recommended to go to other beaches). You will need to cross the only vehicle buikding to go to the other side where the nice restaurants and activities are. There is a shuttle twice a day for 11 pax that you need to reserve the day before at 4 pm.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Koen H, Director of Operations at Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear Jeap12,
Thank you so much for writing your review about our hotel on Curacao, and thank you for your loyalty to the Marriott brand.
I see you are from Panama; I will be actually travelling to Panama and staying in the Panama Marriott there soon, one of my favorite hotels with great Front Desk and Lobby Staff.
Thank you for your great tips and feedback on our property and I do look forward to a next opportunity to host you on Curacao.
Feel free to reach out to me anytime for assistance @ koen.hietbrink@marriott.com
Best regards,
Richmond Hill, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

We have traveled to many Caribbean destinations, but this resort was outstanding.Never have we met so many genuinely caring staff who so often created that "wow" experience.From the bellmen,front desk,restaurant and pool team without exception were amazing.The cleanliness of the hotel is also commendable. Special thanks to Edwin (celebrating his 22nd year there), Suzy and Cerina at the board bar, Vanessa was so gracious and should be the next top model! Mary's omlettes are delicious.The food is pricey, but the indoor cafe has the best deserts for $4.The pool has lots of room, but could use more umbrellas.The beach was very clean and has a dive shop on site.The shuttle into downtown is a ten minute ride and the hotel offers a free shuttle twice a day.Will definitely go back.Our only complaint was the 6am schedule (one morning) of the pesticide machines, which were too loud to sleep through. Thankfully only one day of our week trip.

Room Tip: We had a basic room, which faced the parking lot. But since we were hardly in our room it didn'...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Koen H, Director of Operations at Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear Susan Y,
I wanted to thank you for your amazing review. It really makes my day when I read about how our hosts impacted your stay at our beautiful hotel.
Also you shared some great tips about our Voila Deli with its delicious cakes, pastries and gelato icecream and the shuttle services we offer twice a day.
I will ensure to personally thank Edwin, Suzy, Cerrita, Vanessa and Mary for making your vacation even better. We are proud to have hosts like them working with us.
Please do not hesitate to call upon me if I can assist with a return trip to Dushi Curacao.
Regards,
koen.hietbrink@marriott.com

Been to Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino? Share your experiences!