I was a little hesitant to stay at the Curaçao Mariott based on some recent reviews, but I am glad to say that I ignored them! Ok, ok, I know the furniture in the room is a little older, but who cares? I care about a clean pool (which was so-so due to the kids that played catch with dirty tennis balls in the
Pool and wind blowing palm tree leaves into the pool), clean rooms, and good service! I like to feel like I'm on vacation and that I being catered to. I do not want someone to act like they are a slave, I just want to feel like I am paying for a service and that I matter. It shouldn't matter that I am not a millionaire- I am a guest and you want me to give a good recommendation and perhaps come back again and bring others. I definitely would recommend the Curaçao Mariott. From the lobby staff, to the wait staff, to the bartenders, to the security! Everyone was beyond professional! You must speak to Ryan at the Emerald Lounge. He will tell you about the local nightlife. Edwin at the swim up bar will mix up you up an intoxicating cocktail. Jayleesa at the reception desk will help you with activities along with the tourism and rental car desk. I heard about IRIE tours online and inquired about it at the front desk. I asked Jayleesa about it. She was not familiar with it, so she went online and got their number. She called them and got their schedule and found out if there were tours still available during my stay. Who does that? Curaçao Mariott does. In fact all the Mariotts I have stayed at Internationally have gone above and beyond their job to make me feel special and to make me want to come back and recommend them. Edsel is great at the Emerald Lounge as well! Pooja is great at the reception desk in the
lobby as well. The only two complaints was the pool. It was windy and pieces of the palm trees would blow into the pool and I noticed the maid did not change my sheets. There was a stain on my sheet and I noticed after the room was cleaned, the stain was still there. I expect the sheets and towels to be changed every day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Bay Casino are located directly on a private beach in Willemstad, Curacao. Spend your days basking in the sun at our resort pool or beach, or experiencing all history and adventure Curacao has to offer through our on site Tour and Car Rental desk. Once the sunsets, you will experience amazing dining by sea at our beachfront restaurant Seabreeze. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Marriott, Despegar.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Hotel Willemstad
- Curacao Marriott Beach Resort And Emerald Casino
- Marriott Willemstad
- Curacao Marriott Beach Hotel Emerald
- Marriott Curacao
- Willemstad Marriott
- Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino Willemstad