I love this resort so much! We stayed here last year in March 2013 and loved the island and hotel so we decided to come back in March 2014. I have a lot to gush about so let me start at the beginning...
Arrived around 3p Wednesday afternoon. Upon arrival, Ronaldo helped us with our bags. What a nice guy. Always a smile on his face! Walked to the front desk where I was greeted by Carlos who was super friendly and helpful. We booked an ocean view room but we were upgraded to a beachfront room! What a nice surprise! The check-in process was quick - maybe 5 minutes total and we did not wait at all. Off we went to check out our room and get settled in. Our room was great (room 242)! Yes, the decor is a bit outdated but the room is spacious and clean, the bed is comfortable and the view is to die for! Who really cares what the furniture looks like! The rooms are equipped with a small safe, TV, iron/ironing board, coffee maker and hair dryer. If visiting from the U.S., definitely bring a plug converter as there are only 2 U.S. style plugs (110 volt) in the room (the rest are 220 volt European style outlets).
We frequently ate lunches at Seabreeze by the pool. All the waiters/waitresses were really nice and the food was good. The pool is really nice with a good amount of lounge chairs. The beach is somewhat small but definitely adequate. There is a bar on the beach called The Boardroom as well as an independent water sports company which provides different activities.
We spent many nights in the casino. Its small but very fun! I would like to give a shout out to my favorite dealers, Martijn (Mart-ine, haha!) and Geraldine! They are such warm and friendly people and are truly huge assets to this hotel.
Also, a big thanks to whomever I spoke to daily using the "At Your Service" function from our room phone! They made us dinner reservations every day! So helpful!
Honestly, the people who work at this hotel really go the extra mile to make sure your experience is top notch. We didn't encounter one unfriendly employee.
Overall, we had a wonderful vacation and this hotel was a huge part in making it so amazing! If you are deciding whether or not to visit this hotel, do it! You won't regret it! We've now been here twice and will undoubtedly be back again (hopefully soon!).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Bay Casino are located directly on a private beach in Willemstad, Curacao. Spend your days basking in the sun at our resort pool or beach, or experiencing all history and adventure Curacao has to offer through our on site Tour and Car Rental desk. Once the sunsets, you will experience amazing dining by sea at our beachfront restaurant Seabreeze. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Marriott, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Hotel Willemstad
- Curacao Marriott Beach Resort And Emerald Casino
- Marriott Willemstad
- Curacao Marriott Beach Hotel Emerald
- Marriott Curacao
- Willemstad Marriott
- Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino Willemstad