We spend Christmas 2013 at Curacao Marriot. I will keep things short and to the point.
* Great vacation! We were very happy here.
* Rooms a bit dated, but good quality. Clean. Good hot water. No mold. No smells.
* Great views from room and balcony.
* Great customer service from hotel employees (the non-hotel based events coordinator could be better. They were not "above and beyond". Seemed like they were happy to just collect paycheck).
* Plenty of parking
* Wonderful beach (Number of palapas are limited, so if you want shade, arrive to beach early)
* Food is good but overpriced. Expect to pay about $150 for a family of 4 at the nice restaurant on the hotel grounds. The Christmas buffet was $50 per person.
* The hotel "snack shop" is called "Viola" I think. This is best way to get breakfast. For $8 you can get a huge Bagel/egg/cheese/bacon/sausage sandwich that can easily feed 2 people. The coffee is good here as well. So, you can feed 4 people here for about $24 for a good solid breakfast. The hotel breakfast buffet is $28 per person. Enough said!
* The beach/pool bars are great, but expensive. Average bar drink runs about $10.
* Great security. No locals wandering on this beach. No vendors selling junk.
* Good location. Only about 4 minute drive to downtown. Only about 10 minute drive from airport.
* Rent a car to get around island. MUCH cheaper than taxi and the car rental rates are good. It is very easy to drive around the island.