Some things were great and others not so much.
Good things: Gorgeous grounds - so, so pretty.
The bellmen were all wonderful. Each was ready to call a cab for us (which are all minivans, so don't worry about there not being enough room unless you have more than 7 people in your party) and checked back with us if our ride did not show up promptly.
Rooms were decent. We had a beach front with a fabulous view. Beds were comfy and rooms were clean. Nothing bad, but nothing to brag about either.
Casino staff was so very friendly. Of course they were taking all of my money, but they had a smile while doing it.
Breakfast at Portofino's was yummy. Each day I had omelet, croissants, bacon, and fresh fruit. Lots of choices, but same day to day.
Could snorkel right off the beach. BRING SWIM SHOES! Cannot go five feet into ocean without turing back if you don't have the shoes. The beaches are pretty sand, but the shoreline is all tiny rocks.
There were bands playing next to the lobby Friday and Saturday night that were great and fun for the whole family to dance to.
Not so good things: The concierge staff was no help. Yellow is a vendor that has some great looking tours. However their staff person was too busy painting her fingernails to care to tell us about them. Then when we finally pressed her on them she could do no more than read to us from the brochures. She could not answer any questions. When she called someone to inquire about a tour she said it would take several days to get it all ready. We were there only for a long weekend and didn't have a few days to set up a tour. Finally a Marriott employee, Richard, stepped in to help us. He gave us a good amount of information, nothing we hadn't already read about on tripadvisor already. Then he told us the best thing to do was to rent a car, and he just happened to have a rental car company. Really?!? We could rent from the big car companies at the hotel and felt very weird about going through his no-named company. It may have been completely legit, but we felt uncomfortable talking to him about anything else for fear that he was going to try to sell us something else and not talk to us form an unbiased perspective. Was so disappointed Marriott allowed him to do that.
The first day we arrived late and went to the beachfront restaurant that had posted hours until 11:00pm. It was 9:55 and we were told the kitchen would be closing in five minutes and we couldn't eat there. Boo.
My husband and I both got massages and while they weren't horrible, they were not memorable either.
About the island: We were there celebrating my husband's 40th birthday and had dinner Saturday night at The Wine Cellar. Excellent! Would definitely recommend! The owner Nico is so friendly and the food is delicious. Try the stuffed mushrooms. I had to keep myself from licking the sauce off the plate.
We went on a snorkeling tour with Insulinde. We found info on them at the tourist center in Willemstad. They only have tours Thursday and Sunday afternoons from 12-6. We went snorkeling over a sunken boat and swimming in a cove. It was very relaxing. Would have like it if we snorkeled at more than one sight. It wasn't fabulous, but it was the best thing we did on the trip.
On the flight back to the United States we were surprised we could not take unopened bottle water on the plane that we had bought inside the terminal. Other people on the plane were complaining about it too. Would be nice to post a sign in stores stating as much.
A fine trip, but we probably won't be back. Not because of the hotel, but because of the island in general.
- Also Known As:
- Curacao Marriott Beach Resort And Emerald Casino
- Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Hotel
- Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Hotel Willemstad
- Marriott Willemstad
- Curacao Marriott Beach Hotel Emerald
- Marriott Curacao
- Willemstad Marriott
- Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino Willemstad
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Bay Casino are located directly on a private beach in Willemstad, Curacao. Spend your days basking in the sun at our resort pool or beach, or experiencing all history and adventure Curacao has to offer through our on site Tour and Car Rental desk. Once the sunsets, you will experience amazing dining by sea at our beachfront restaurant Seabreeze. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Otel, Priceline, Amex, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.