Nice clean rooms. Great to have a small fridge and safe in rooms. WiFi is free and easy to access in rooms. Maid service was great. They even clean the room if you're still in there. If you use wash cloths, bring your own. No in-room coffee maker, although there is a pot to heat up water. Hemingways is decent for dinner. Great breakfast buffet for $17, but you can't just get a cup of coffee or it will cost you the whole $17. Great snorkeling right off the beach. Outer wall of the breakwall is a bit clearer and has more fish than inside. No longer allows free access to Sea Aquarium, but that is OK. It only costs $20 per person and one day there is more than enough. If you're expecting a sensational aquarium, don't get your hopes up, but I guess it is OK by Caribbean aquarium standards.
We had an 3rd floor ocean view room which is set back a bit, but still has a nice view, although the decks are a bit narrow. I don't think the lower two levels have much of a view though. Newer Royal Resort adjacent to Sea Aquarium kind of blocks ocean view to some of the rooms. Ocean front rooms have unobstructed views and are right on the beach. After reading some other reviews I was surprised at how quiet it actually was. I suspect ocean front rooms might have more kid activity. Desk staff wasn't overly friendly and surprisingly they seemed to know very little when asking for directions or restaurant suggestions. Hotel has a great beach and is directly adjacent to Mambo Beach, which is apparently also known as the Sea Aquarium Beach for some strange reason. No problem finding beach chairs any time of day, which is a pleasure. Not really within normal walking distance of anything except Mambo Beach. Happy hours during the week but not on Saturday. We rented a car and took day trips to some really nice beaches east of Williamsted. Drove to the national park on the north end of the island. I wouldn't waste much time there though as not much to see.
- Also Known As:
- Lions Dive & Beach Resort Curacao Hotel
- Lions Dive And Beach Resort Curacao
- Lions Dive & Beach Resort Curacao Hotel Willemstad
- Lions Dive Beach Hotel Curacao
- Lions Dive & Beach Resort Curacao Willemstad
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Room number includes thirty apartments within the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Priceline, Otel, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Lions Dive & Beach Resort Curacao reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.