Spent 9 days there, June 15-24. Check in was smooth and painless. Was offered a courtesy drink, but did not receive any documents about the property ie: restaurants, services offered. During the course of my visit received friendly service from Sue, Glenda, and H D Rojas aka Harold Rojas aka "little Pedro." The room was spacious with two queen size beds. Sleep quality was excellent. A table with lamp separated the two beds. There was a desk, chair and lamp; two whicker chairs; refrigerator with a rusted lamp shade to see what you put in the fridge; and spacious bureau with older tv. Cable selection was good. Housekeeping did a good job and they were HONEST! AC worked well. Bathroom had sufficient towels and toiletries. Hot water was always available in about 5-10 seconds. Outside, there was a spacious pool with water depth at 3-9 feet. Unfortunately, it was overrun with kids. Quiet was not an option. There is a dive shop, restaurant, and private beach on the property.
The adjoining casino is a DUMP!! Entering from the hotel, you are greeted by a "land-fill" of slot machines piled in the right corner. It's smokey as they voted to reinstate the cancer-causing habit. The slot machines are very poorly maintained if at all. The buttons on many were not operational while the screens were barely visible. Workers stood around doing little or NOTHING on the casino floor. The sports book contained 11 tables allowing viewing of soccer, baseball, and horse racing. Pinnacle ran the book.
It's a 20-minute walk to downtown. Cab fare is $30 from the airport.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on a private beach, this Otrobanda resort is within a 15-minute walk of Curacao Museum, Renaissance Shopping Mall, and Rif Fort. Riffort Village and Queen Emma Bridge are also within 1 mi (2 km). Resort Features Spend the day relaxing on Holiday Beach Resort and Casino's private sand beach or at a casino before returning for a meal at one of the resort's 2 restaurants. Room Amenities All 108 rooms offer WiFi, balconies or patios, and TVs with cable channels. Guests will also find refrigerators, hair dryers, and safes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Beach Hotel and Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Beach Hotel Willemstad
- Holiday Beach Hotel And Casino Curacao/Willemstad