“Good value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 27 hotels in Willemstad
Paramaribo, Suriname
“Good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

We had a good time and a clean room with nice view to brach and sea. Staff was nice, close to the city. Nice beach, so we think it is good value for money. Despite all the criticism on this site, we had a nice stay at this hotel.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

76 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Polish first
Bogota, Colombia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

I was there for work thanks God but i won't recommed it if you want to relax the service is not hood the casino is old and the halls smell really bad like humidity they put me an uncharged safe and i drop me vale things there once i wanted to go out for lunch it was locked i had to wait like 2 hrs for the guy to open it and tv controller does not work and all days i requested to the front desk to fix it or change it bad service don't go there

• Stayed September 2012
Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

My family decided to visit the Island Of Curacao and stayed at the lovely Holiday Beach Hotel and Casino, and it was the best vacation! the Staff was friendly and very helpful and the service was exceptional. The lobby was bright and clean and the rooms were well kept. We enjoyed the pool and the beach which was like a private lagoon and kid friendly, the kids loved it! There is a Denny's on property which was quite convenient to have breakfast with the family! the hotel was close to downtown and shopping. It was great to have a Casino right on property and we will be visiting again since we had such a lovely time!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Castries, St. Lucia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

I had stayed at this hotel 20+ years ago with my family and had a wonderful time, but the recent reviews had me nervous about returning. I did anyway, and I am glad that I ignored them. This time, I went with 3 other well-travelled friends. The hotel is a 3-star hotel, that's what you pay for, and that's what you get, and a little more. The rooms and corridors were scrupulously clean. All the staff were friendly and helpful, - housekeeping, grounds, bar, cleaners and front desk, even the casino and the restaurant. Maintenance is ongoing and very obvious. The lagoon, beach, pool, gym and gardens are all well-kept. The one drawback - no brochure about the amenities at the hotel, like the microwave on upper level floors etc.. But the staff were quite happy to answer questions and advise. I have to wonder about the negative reviewers!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Richmond, Kentucky, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

Wow, how a few years changes things. I lived at the Holiday Beach for almost three months back in 2005. It was not the greatest back then but not too bad. It doesn't look like they have fixed a single problem since I stayed there seven years ago. The bathroom was the worst. Our sink only had one knob, the cold water knob was broken off. The front of the vanity had screws sticking out with numerous holes in it were it looks like it was trial and error getting the face frame on. The water pressure was nonexistent. You had to stand right up next to the wall for the shower to reach you. We actually went one whole day with no water at all. The dive shop said that they did that whenever there was a cruise ship in port for some reason. Service was nonchalant with an “I don’t care” attitude. I know all the other review also said this but since I had been there before I assumed they were just exaggerated…not! For $130 a night I think I could have found better accommodations on the island. Now with that being said I think it is in a great location and the dive shop and the dive instructors are great! If you are like my wife and I and don’t plan on spending a lot of time in the room it is not the worst. They have a very good air conditioner and comfortable beds.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Valrico, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

I can't even put into words how rude the staff was. They did their best to not even aknowledge you and when they had to interact with you I think Hitler himself would have been more agreeable. The place itself felt like your were visiting a third world country rather than a vacation destination. The rooms were moldy, the curtians had nasty stains on them, and the power even shut off when I plugged in my hair dryer. Even better when I was getting out of the shower to dry off I picked up what was a "folded clean towel" opened it and there was a piece of the past users discarded banana stuck to it. Thank God I looked first! I am suprised that there are not bed bugs too. I WOULD NOT EVEN USE THIS PLACE AS A HALF WAY HOUSE!!! IT FELT MORE LIKE HELL......

Room Tip: Don't pick the hotel at all.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Riverview, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

Stayed here for a week because I had to(visiting my husband who's work made them stay here). Outside seems nice, but inside the rooms are disgusting and staff in the front is not too helpful. They have carpets in the hallways and elevators and they are never vacuumed(because they don't own any, true!). The hallways and the elevator(only took twice, took too long) smell most of the time. Very musty and uninviting with the leaks everywhere on the ceilings. Our room had very outdated amenities even though the website boasts "newly renovated", maybe they're talking about the coat of paint on the outside? The walls had mildew on them especially around the ac vents as well as the bathroom grout area where they tried to cover it with caulking. Shows through. Tile was in our room and the maids mop it, but they don't clean out the water so if your the last room to be mopped, good luck. I wore my shoes inside the entire time because my feet got so black on the bottoms the first day. Oh, and had a humidifier in our room, so that tells you something about the air flow. My husband had to empty it twice a day cause it fills up with water his entire stay. you shouldn't have to do that in a hotel. Oh, husband had ants there as well. I guess they took care of it, but that's just subpar accomodations. I'm glad i was only here a week. The beach area is nice, but that's like the only plus to the hotel. never got to try the pool becuase it opened the day i left, it looked alright as well. They have a restaurant by the pool area, foods not that great, and definitely nothing for vegetarians there. I guess they had decent beer buckets, but i would not stay here again for just those few pluses. Stay somewhere else, unless you're not a clean freak like myself. hope this helps.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Veneto Holiday Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!