This was our second trip to Caribbean and first trip to Curacao. Our 7-nights package was booked at Renaissance hotel with breakfast inclusive. Hotel is located right downtown Willemstad, which is perfect as you can easily move around with no need of a ride. Infinity pool on the second floor of the hotel has both, salt water and fresh water pools. A man’s made beach opens up to the ocean and is located right next the Megapier. It is pretty cool watching huge cruise ships docked right in front of you.
Wi-Fi is available at Starbucks as well as in the lobby, so unless you spend a lot of time in the room, it is not needed.
Unfortunately water pressure in our shower wasn't really impressive. Although room services was great.
Drinks at the pool are pretty much in the same price range as anywhere else, $10 for a margarita and $7 for a beer. Although there lunch menu is quite good and well-priced, no need to leave the picturesque place.
As we only had breakfasts included, we dined mostly outside of the hotel. Breakfast bar itself is not very diverse: eggs in 3 different ways, bacon, potato, cereal, yogurt, and similar stuff. Not sure if $26 for this kind of breakfast is quite justifiable. As apparently not much is grown on the island, fruits are quite bland. Keep in mind that alcohol is very pricey on the island. As for eateries, there is a great bar right outside of the hotel, where you only pay $3.50 for Corona instead of $7.00 like everywhere else. Soprano’s Piano bar serves great pizza (we had Sopranos pizza a couple of times, but they have a whole bunch of them in the menu) for a very reasonable price. Absolutely a great place to relax after a hot sunny day.
Hotel offers all kinds of tours as well as car rental. We took an Island Tour with Peter. Tours are available 6 days a week, as Sunday everything is closed on the island, except for some restaurants. Peter was awesome, funny narrator.
If you are planning a trip to Curacao, definitely choose Renaissance hotel. As far as I have seen, it had the best location and ambiance from the rest of the hotels. Service is amazing no matter which area of the hotel you go to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Curacao's capital city of Willemstad, in the heart of the Dutch Caribbean, the Renaissance Curacao Resort & Casino offers experiences and activities for any traveler seeking the ambiance of authentic Caribbean charm combined with European sophistication. Featuring a private beach club, this Curacao resort is built around the historic setting of the Rif Fort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Marriott, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Renaissance Curacao Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Curacao Resort And Casino
- Renaissance Curacao Hotel Willemstad
- Renaissance Curacao Resort & Casino Willemstad