“Good restaurant if you have time” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Blumenau
“Good restaurant if you have time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Food is really good, the view is great, just in front of the bridge but it takes forever..... the waitresses seems lost, we were a big party, so we divided in two tables with different waitresses, our table took a good 45 minutes more to have our food ready, while ordering at the same time.

Visited December 2012

“Worst service ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

If I could put no stars I would! Took three hours for our meal and they all came at different times. Manager didn't care. And very expensive. Don't do it!!!!

Annapolis, Maryland
“Would not return”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Although this restaurant is nicely located, the service was so poor, with food that was so-so, that we would not return. The evening we dined there, La Bahia offered as its daily catch a dish of three kinds of "local fish": mahi-mahi, tilapia and snapper. From other experiences on the island, we found that the last two kinds of fish were not local, so we requested all mahi-mahi and go the run around, first being told that we could not substitute the other kinds with mahi and finally the restaurant agreed with $10 US up-charge. When the bill came, the waitress told us that the service charge was not for her service but for the kitchen, indicating that we should add an additional waiter tip to the service charge. We expect to tip the wait staff and were very surprised by this. Needless to say, we will look for fresh local fish elsewhere when we return to Cuaracao.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Umm...at least the salad was fresh?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

This was probably the worst dining experience I've ever had on Curacao. I knew I was in trouble as soon as I entered the restaurant, but I hate to judge a book by its cover so I decided to stay. The menu certainly looked promising (although the wine list is nearly non-existent) so I decided it was probably one of those places that was low on decor, high on food. Although I found it interesting that the wines were very low priced and the food was pretty expensive, considering.

It overlooks the water so there are nice views, although they are obstructed by glass partitions. I mention it only because none of the other nearby restaurants (i.e., Gouverneur) with water views have these partitions.

There was a private party in the middle of restaurant, and the attendees were wearing name tags and walking around, so it was difficult to determine who was a guest and who was staff. It was hard to get someone's attention to seat me. I chose my table poorly -- the party behind me seemed to be inflicted with the ebola virus given the contstant open-mouthed hacking coughing, but it was my fault for not noticing that before I sat down.

I ordered the calamari and the ribs. The server asked if I wanted fries with the ribs and I said no. She said, what about a side salad? So I said that would be great. I thought it was a nice suggestion on her part. What I didn't realize was that she meant a salad instead of the calamari...and when the ribs came they had both fries and a little side salad already on the plate. I was grateful for both of the salads though, because the ribs were not good. They came with this peanut sauce that would have been great on a chicken satay -- it was not the most inspired choice for barbecue ribs.

Bless her heart, when the server returned, she saw that I hadn't eaten the ribs and asked if I wanted them packed up. I did not. Hope springs eternal though, and I did order dessert. I love tres leches cake and the server indicated theirs was quite good, so I spun the wheel. It was frozen. I don't know if that was part of their "twist" on tres leches cake or if it just hadn't thawed out.

Another odd thing about the restaurant is that I ordered a glass of sparkling wine and a glass of red wine and each came out with condensation on the glass, as if they store their glasses in a refrigerator and then pour beverages into them? Couldn't figure it out and didn't really want to know.

I will neither be returning here nor accepting recommendations from the person who told me about it.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Chicago
“Great view, so so service.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Well...the good first. The food is fantastic and you can't beat the view overlooking the shipping canal and the shopping district of Willemstad. Good place to go especially at night to get a view of both sides of the canal.

The bad...Slow service..and I mean slow even for my standards. The more food and drinks my buddy and I ordered, the more "bothered" my waitress seemed. Bigger bills mean bigger tips! We gave her a big tip anyway, but ventured on to other places after that. Maybe she was having a bad day or something.

Overall...Sure, visit this place. At night if you can. Just don't expect fast service.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere