“Quiet and friendly” 4 of 5 stars

Escape to the tropics
Ranked #11 of 82 Specialty lodging in Curacao
“Quiet and friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

The small complex is well run, a little funky. Be sure to ask where the the light switches are and bring the basics such as salt, pepper, dishwashing soap etc. It is very isolated. There is one restaurant and no stores within walking distance so you must rent a car. They will rent cars very reasonably by the day. I hate to drive so it was not a good match for me in Curacao. The staff is great and the apartments are very peaceful and comfortable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

176 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

We are just back from a super week spent at the Limestone Resort. It is a small quiet resort right on the Spanish Water. While we did not spend too much time at the hotel, as we were busy exploring the island, we enjoyed spending early evening on the large patio watching the boats come while sipping on our cocktails. Included in the cost of our room was a small compact car which was perfect for touring the island. The room itself was clean and comfortable. And the staff and owner Sylvia were always friendly and welcoming.All in all the Limestone was just what we were looking for!

Room Tip: A room on the upper level would give you a great view of the Spanish Water, we were sorry that we we...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I want to thank you and your staff Sylvia for the wonderful stay at Limestone Holiday (8-24 Feb 2013). Everything was as expected and the accommodations were just what we needed at a very reasonable cost. The added touches of arranging the transportation to and from the apartment made our trip much easier. The on-site car rental was a great value and was very convenient, eliminating the need to schedule and reserve a rental vehicle elsewhere before our trip. The apartment area was very peaceful and pretty and we felt very safe and well taken care of. The location also provided easy access to town and stores, as well as a wide variety of activities. We appreciated the attention we received upon arrival and for making sure our needs and requests were taken care of. The apartment (we had the studio) was just what we wanted with all the accessories we needed: satellite TV, air-conditioning, coffee maker, a very nice private bathroom with on-demand warm water shower, refrigerator (with freezer area), a full bed and a single bed, and a kitchen area with sink, utensils and dishes. Everything worked well and compared to other rentals at other Caribbean islands we have visited, this rates at the top especially considering the daily rental rate. I would highly recommend your apartments to anyone else desiring a self catering apartment that is well maintained, in a secure location and with a staff that is accommodating and very courteous. We met other guests who also mentioned how much they liked their accommodations (full apartments) and how well it worked for them. Some guests had children and mentioned how it was a perfect for them as their needs are much more demanding than ours. We liked the way the parking area was secured and locked and that we could still leave and arrive at any time of the day or night. We also liked the added security provided by camera monitoring. The neighborhood in general seemed very safe and secure; it was just good to know that there was the extra attention to our safety. I give your apartments full thumbs up and would gladly refer our friends to you.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Milton, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We are very happy with the recommendation we received about Limestone Holiday Resort. Everyone was friendly, kind and made you feel accommodated. The resort was very clean and tidy. The dive trips with Roel were extra special. We seen turtles, sting ray, eels, sea horses, octopus and many creatures we have not seen in the past. The dive sites were amazing. Mushroom Forest, Blue Bay - The Wall, Alice in Wonderland and Sweet Alice were some of the best dives we have done.
Thank you for a great holiday.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I will start the review by saying that the staff of this hotel is the most friendly staff that I have ever encountered in a hotel. From the moment that you arrive at the hotel you feel welcome and they truly want to accommodate you in every possible way they can. There was not a single question that I ask during the week that I spent there that was not answered, always with a huge smile on their faces. These people are so amazing that during my last day in Curacao, since my flight back home was so late, they allowed me to stay in the room until I left to the airport and use the car free of charge. When I said that they will accommodate you in any way they can, I REALLY mean it (and what is best is that they do it gladly). Our room was very spacious and with plenty of room for storage. The room was spotless and very well maintained. Our room also had a fully equipped kitchen (me and my girlfriend cooked pretty much every day of the week that we were there and the kitchen had everything that we needed to prepare every meal). Our room also had a TV with plenty of channels and a DVD player (the hotel has a huge collection of DVDs that you can borrow) and a very powerful AC (which you will need for the very hot days of Curacao). The bed was quite comfortable and spacious enough for me and my girlfriend. Our bathroom had a shower with plenty of hot water and pressure. This hotel is located on a very quiet area, which is perfect when you just want to relax. As a matter of fact, I highly recommend just sitting in their patio and just enjoy the beautiful sight it has to offer. I never got into their pool but I can tell you that it is well maintained and clean. This hotel also rents cars, which I did and highly recommend it. The cars are not brand new or top of the line, but their price cannot be beaten and they are perfect to drive around Curacao. I HIGHLY recommend this hotel. I will definitely be staying there again when I go back to Curacao.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Highland Park, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I can't convey to you how perfect Limestone was for our family vacation. But I can tell you what we were looking for when we arranged our trip. We wanted a simple, authentic visit to a place we'd never been. We hoped for nice people - and some privacy too. We wanted to drive around with a map and find our way to sandy beaches, nature, culture, good food, and unexpected discoveries. We wanted to relax next to quiet water. We wanted to snuggle our little girl in a hammock. We wanted to explore local spots, wander through markets, and grill some stuff. We wanted to see lizards. We wanted options for things to do - but we didn't want to be programmed at all. We wanted to go barefoot and enjoy the Caribbean breezes all day. All of that came to us at Limestone. Before we arrived, I had read every review on Trip Advisor - searching for some indication that the place wasn't what it seemed from the website. A previous reviewer called it "rustic in a way" and I agree with him on that. Someone else called it "a hidden gem" - yes - so much so that I feel divided between wanting to tell the whole world about it and wanting to tell absolutely no one. More than anything, the place and its people felt like our home in Curacao - we knew on the first day that we'd be back. I highly recommend it to you.

Room Tip: We had apartment 1 - 2 bedrooms, 1 bath - very private, very close to the water, with a hammock that...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
LaCrosse
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

We traveled with good friends and were looking forward to this island holiday. We were so happy we stayed at this comfortable, clean family resort and NOT in a big hotel! Silvia and Roel, the owners, go above and beyond to make their guests feel at home. Take advantage of their knowledge and recommendations. Roel, Silvia and Roel, Jr. we 're very helpful in recommending restaurants and things to do. All the food was delicious wherever we dined. We felt very welcomed as tourists on Curaçao. We had a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom apartment overlooking Spanish Waters. We appreciated the AC in the bedrooms. The balcony was an enjoyable place to relax and enjoy the view. We were very happy to have the included car because we were able to explore the island with our friends who are not divers.
Roel, Jr. Is a wonderful young man and an excellent Divemaster! We went diving with him for 3 days and had the best diving holiday because of his skill and knowledge! Our friends would enjoy the beaches while we explored underwater. Roel went out of his way to help us all have fun! We highly recommend Roel and his dive shop. The equipment is first rate!
We had the added bonus of getting massages from Roel Jr's girlfriend, Riann. The massages were amazing because she used warm rocks and warm towels to add to the massage experience.
We had a good experience getting to and from the airport because we arranged the taxi in advance. Roel Jr. got up at 4:30 in the morning to wake us up! Roel was up at 5:30 AM to make certain the taxi was there for our return to the airport! This is what I mean by going above and beyond!
We have done a lot of traveling and this experience rates as one of the best because of these friendly people. We plan to return! Thank you for letting us share your home and island!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Limestone Holiday Resort? Share your experiences!