“Meh” 3 of 5 stars

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
11 attraction reviews
“Meh”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

The water was cloudy and snorkeling was not as good as at Kenepa/Little Knip Beach or even the nearby Daaibooi Beach/Daai Booi Bay. I would recommend going to one of those beaches rather than paying the $7 to get in here.

Visited November 2013

Denver, CO
“Sand Beneath Your Feet, Snorkeling Just a Few Feet Away”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

We explored several beaches in Curacao, but we chose to return to Cas Abao on several occasions because of the amenities and the safe, laid back atmosphere. The price of admission and the rental fee for the lounge chairs was worth every penny, and the most difficult decision each day was what to eat and drink. Make sure you bring something with you to cover the plastic lounge chairs as they tend to get very hot when left in the direct sun.

The beach is covered with deep white sand, but with most of the beaches we visited in Curacao, entry into the water can be somewhat difficult because the coral reef begins at the water's edge. We often wore our water shoes into the water to make entry more comfortable since our feet were not "seasoned," but that was a personal choice that served us well.

Now, to the water itself. My wife and I have vacationed on several Caribbean islands and visited at least 50 beaches during our stays. The water at Cas Abao Beach was the clearest we have ever seen. As avid snorkelers, we were constantly amazed at the visibility under water and with the variety of coral, sponges and marine life. We had the opportunity on two visits to witness and photograph a spotted eagle ray in the sandy part of the bay at a depth of twenty feet. Beautiful!

Cas Abao is a family-friendly beach with a beach bar, dive shop, showers and flush toilets. We tended to arrive by 10:00 a.m. each morning to get the best location for shade and closeness to the bar. The beach has ample parking and plenty of room to accomodate a large number of visitors. If you are looking for a great beach experience, Cas Abao should be high on your list to visit.

Visited October 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
4 attraction reviews
“Amazing view, rude staff.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I absolutely loved this beach, especially on a week day. It's very cheap, cool drive to get to it, plenty of food and drink choices right on the beach, as well as bathroom facilities and dive/snorkel options. The view is absolutely amazing and the water is fantastic. The rocks on both sides just make you feel like youre really getting away and give a sense of privacy. With all of that said, the staff there is not nice nor are they helpful. The idea of "service" definitely doesnt seem to exist. I was never rude and i was always patient, you really dont have a choice but to be patient. Bad service is one thing. On top of that, one of the female staff members was extremely rude to me for no reason. Actually, there is a reason, she didnt like the way i look. Im an American female from the south. She, however, had me pegged as first being a Dominican. Then, it was California. I told her that i am from Georgia. She directly told me "I dont like US. I dont like you." As she had snugged right up next to me. My response? "Why not, were nice people." And i smiled. I was hurt she would say that to me after i had been very nice. She then told me i looked Dominican, which is laughable. She then started talking in Papiamentu and was mocking a stereotypical air-headed American woman saying "I wanna go shopping in Mi-ah-mi!" Some of you may not think that's rude, but that's about as rude as you can get in my book. I'm a country girl from Georgia who believes in being very polite and courteous to everyone. And ive never been to California, Miami nor the DR. So my suggestion to the locals, id learn to be nice if you want me to come back and give you more of my money.

Visited August 2013
Meadville, Pennsylvania
4 attraction reviews
“Chill”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

The beach has multiple cabanas and white sands. Well worth the price of admission for a private slow setting.

Visited July 2013
Tampa, Florida
32 attraction reviews
“ONE OF THE BETTER BEACHES IN CURACO”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

After visiting Kenepa, I found Cas Abao to be a pleasant upgrade with facilities and food available. It is very far off the beaten path with no bus transportation available. However, if you have a personal vehicle you will be fine. Highly recommend beach shoes because there are many rocks in and outside the water that can be hazardous to sensitive feet. There are good snacks available along with cold beer, locker rentals, scuba and snorkel gear rental(please bring ID), and most importantly restrooms available. I would come here again with a tour or personal vehicle.

Visited July 2013