+ The apartment is very well equipped (two bathrooms, kitchen with dishwasher, seperate room with washer/dryer), large and modern.
+ Nice pool area, suitable for relaxing. Most apartments have great views from a large terrace overlooking the small bay and pool area.
+ The area (La Maya) seems safe and secure with a gated entrance and a separate parking spot for each apartment.
+ Supermarket, restaurants and a bigger beach is a short drive away at Jan Thiel.
+ Friendly and welcoming staff.
+/- Like on several (most?) windows down here, there are some windows with just shutters, and not glass. This means that sounds from the outside can be heard pretty well in the bedrooms. Luckily, La Maya is a quiet place, but there are other people (and parties) on the island as well...
- Slow/unpredictable WiFi-connection indoors in the apartment. Outside (i.e. by the pool) you have better speed and better reliability.
- The build quality in our apartment could have been better. Some holes in the ceiling (from where they decided NOT the put the lighting after all) and plastic tubes sticking down from the hallway/livingroom ceiling. However, a more serious issue in our apartment; there's wasn't enough drop (slope) in the shower (meaning the water stays on the floor in the shower for days unless you remove it). There was a funky smell in the bathroom - maybe due to this?
- I guess that's the "price you pay" for an apartment and not hotel, but just keep in mind you need to bring/buy bathroom amenities such as shower gel and shampoo
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you want to enjoy tropical Curacao to the fullest. Situated on the famous Spanish Water in Curacao, La Maya Beach is a resort unlike any other. Discover an oasis of peace and beauty with a tropical garden and a private beach near all the excitement of the popular Jan Thiel area. You will stay in a comfortable and fully furnished apartment where in- and outdoor living join seamlessly thanks to an innovative sliding panel wall. At La Maya Beach, you can count on the most complete and attentive service that our island has to offer. Would you like specific groceries to be in the fridge when you arrive? A small boat to explore the Spanish Water by yourself? A unique excursion to an extraordinary dive site? At La Maya Beach, our answer is “yes we can!”La Maya Beach is the ultimate place to stay on Curacao. Beautiful, quiet, safe, and especially: dedicated to your perfect vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Venere and Tingo so you can book your La Maya Beach Luxury Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.