“Perfect surroundings, excellent instructor; thanks Hans!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Our vision IF YOU'RE ABLE TO BREATHE, YOU'RE ABLE TO DIVE! Did you always wanted to dive but never tried, this is your chance. Do an introduction dive with us and if it's satisfying this is your first step to certification. CURious2DIVE is affiliated to 4 different organizations, SDI, WOSD, IAHD and PADI. We provide all courses through those organizations from Open water to Dive-master. Through the IAHD we are specialized to dive with people with a handicap. But allready certified and want to be guided over the reef, we know the best spots. In a relaxed environment with all the possible patience we make you're underwater adventure or your snorkling trip an unforgettable experience.
Curacao
“Perfect surroundings, excellent instructor; thanks Hans!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

After looking for a dive shop for a short while, I decided to go to the shop closest to my accomodation, this was Curious 2 Dive near Jan Thiel. After meeting Hans I felt at home right away, an easygoing and very friendly and professional dive instructor and fine guy.

Hans told me some of the local dive spots nearby and I signed in for the first dive, the Tug boat also famous for its snorkling opportunities. Since it was over 1,5 year ago since my last dive, Hans advised we should repeat some basic exercises, just to be more comfortable again with diving; an excellent choice that made me feel relaxed and safe for the dive.

Because of the low season (mid-march) I had the privilege of Hans being my private guide for this dive, and the next dive there was only one other diver with us.
The first dive was really nice and we spent over an hour under water, saw loads of different things. The second dive we spend more time at a lower depth visiting the wall at Directors Bay, also really beautifull spot.

If you want to dive in Curacaco, visit Hans @ Curious 2 Dive! A perfect experience and value for money. thanks again Hans

curious2dive, Owner at CURious2DIVE, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thanks for the review, and refreshing is common part of our safe diving program. It makes the customer more comfortable and we know what to expect in the water.
And you had the luck of private diving, but because we take only small groups out the people experience it as private diving.

“Curious2dive is fantastic.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

To boil it down Hans is a fantastic dive master. Very calm and does a very good job explaining things to you. Great sence of humor and will allways talk to you after the dive about what was seen or if anything out of the ordinary happened. I would dive with anyone but him.
T. Love

curious2dive, Owner at CURious2DIVE, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thanks for the review, and briefing and debriefing is part of our procedures. On the other hand when you just did a relaxing but fun dive tour it's to talk about it. Makes you go trough the dive a 2nd time.
Burton, Ohio
5 attraction reviews
“Highly Recommended Dive Center - Honest, fun, professional, expert”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Our March 2013 vacation dive experience at Curious2Dive with owner Hans and his staff was excellent. We went looking for Curious2dive when we arrived on the island based on the excellent reviews. The cozy dive shop is easy to locate and in a beautiful marina and diving area. Hans was able to customize a schedule for a 5 dive 'advanced open water' certification that allowed time for other activities. We found Hans to be locally known and liked by everyone we met. His knowledge of diving is vast and expert. Along with all the expertise we found Hans to be loads of fun and the activities were all a pleasure. The night dive was especially satisfying and spectacular. We even received pictures Hans had taken during all the dives, on CD and online. We were very happy with Curious2Dive and Hans and we highly recommend him, his shop and services. We look forward to a return to Cusious2Dive and diving with Hans again soon.

curious2dive, Owner at CURious2DIVE, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thanks for the excellent review, and great you weren't disappointed because of all the good reviews we have. As always with us the clients can feel like a king, if we can we'll make you a personal dive program. Enjoy the Advanced certification and keep up diving.
Phoenix, Arizona
“Excellent Dive Shop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Hans has great prices, very friendly, works with you on anything you can imagine while diving. We rented tanks for the week from him and shore dove on our own as well as went on 2 guided dives with him (One night dive and then Klein). Saw a myriad of fish, got to spearfish Lionfish. Shop is located south on the island, on the Spanish Water. I wouldn't recommend any other shop but Curious 2 Dive.

curious2dive, Owner at CURious2DIVE, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thanks for the excellent review. It was fun to dive with you guys on Klein and hunt some Lion-fish. We help our reefs by keeping the Lion-fish population as small as possible. And grill on the BBQ of the Jona Lisa makes it double great.
Indiana
19 attraction reviews
“Now I know why Hans is the #1 dive company in Curacao”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Hans id definitly the BEST and funniest dive master on the Island. He is top knotch and he is always on time. He takes you to the very best spots and there are so many to choose from. I have never seen any better diving in my life as I have with Hans. He never books to many divers so its like you get your own personal tour. You can definitly tell he is not in it for the big bucks. He is there to please and show you the under water world. I only wish they had a spot for 10 stars because he would definitly deserve 10 stars!!!!!! I will be back sooner than he thinks. Aruba Bob

curious2dive, Owner at CURious2DIVE, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Aruba BOB thanks for the excellent review, I'll mark him down as a 10 star review. It's great diving with you especially when I see the GoPro and photocamera in a kind of dual mode. If you had more hands you would take more equip i assume. Like it when you send those pic's from your other dives.