“WOW WOW WOW” 5 of 5 stars

Book a Tour
Ranked #25 of 108 Activities in Curacao
Type: Boat Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Discover the Unknown Depths with this unique 5-person submarine in Curaçao. The Curasub can descend to depths up to 1,000ft (320meters). It’s equipped with the latest technology and certified by Germanischer Lloyd’s which adheres to the latest safety regulations.
Hacienda Heights, California
10 attraction reviews
“WOW WOW WOW”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

What more can I say? This is definitely a once in a lifetime, unique experience. We spent 2 weeks in the Caribbean - this was the highlight of our trip.

I was afraid I would get seasick getting the sub into the water. I guess I have watched too much Discovery channel. On the Discovery Channel the research subs are always on a boat in the middle of the ocean and they crane them into the water. The rough seas are bobbing the sub up and down. I am at home and I think I am getting sick. But no....not this sub.

They have the sub setup right at the dock in a protected harbour. Once in the sub they immediately drop below the surface. You never feel the wave motion at all. In fact it feels like floating - similar to a hot air balloon ride. I loved it!

A few notes of caution - you do need to go down a small ladder to get in the sub. And it only holds 4 people plus the pilot. You want to be in the front which involves laying down on your stomach for the 1.5 hours of the dive. And it gets very humid in the sub. Dress accordingly.

We took the 500 ft dive since the 1000 ft dive is mostly dark. I was surprised at the amount of light at 500 feet. Traveling up the coral sea wall we saw lots of life. Cool!

This is a top notch operation. They run a boat on the surface following the sub in case anything happens. They checked air and vitals every 15 minutes. Very professional. I felt safe trusting them with my life.

I must admit I was a bit put off by wiring the money ahead of time to secure my date/time. But them my husband reminded me - you are trusting these people with your life - so why not trust them with your money? Good point! Glad we wired the money.

Afterward they give you a tshirt, certificate and a flash drive with photos from the dive. Some of the pics were from a diver who took pics of you in the sub 50 feet down. Definitely using that as the Christmas photo this year!

Visited April 2013

Southlake, Texas
7 attraction reviews
“Definitely a once in lifetime event!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

If you have any interest in sea exploration, you'll love Substation Curacao. The sub is actually used for research when not carrying tourists to the sea floor. The sub ho. s 5, but they are close quarters. My wife's claustrophobia was not an issue; however, the exprerirence is better when the group is small. In our case, there were only the two of us and the pilot in the sub. Keep in mind, you will be in a lying position for much of the time.

The pilot was extremely knowledgeable and kept us engaged the entire time. He was full of facts about the sea life we were observing. we dove to 500 feet below the surface. We were very impressed with the safety precautions taken. Safety checks were performed every 15 minutes and the sub was in constant communications with the vessel above.

Its expensive, but worth it if sea exploration is on you bucket list.

Alstead, New Hampshire
6 attraction reviews
“Once-in-a-lifetime experience!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

This was truly an incredible experience! From the minute we arrived, we were treated like old friends, and couldn't have asked for a better time. All the staff were incredible - Barry, Bruce, Tico, and Rob - so knowledgeable and helpful, we had fun the entire time we were there. Our pilot, Tico, was awesome - can't say enough - and we had such a great time we could have easily have stayed down there for hours more. We are still in awe that we dove to 800'! This adventure was absolutely worth the price, and much more - a personalized tour of "inner space". If this event isn't on your 'bucket list' already, put it there NOW!

8 attraction reviews
“Excellent staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

The great crew at substation made our tv shoot a success. Bruce was a pleasure and Barbara was a fantastic pilot. We were able to get all the shots we needed. A great experience for our crew. Looking forward to the next chance to dive with them.

Weyburn, Canada
14 attraction reviews
“Spectacular isn't a Good Enough Word!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

This was definitely "the" highlight of our Curacao vacation!
From the fun, knowledgeable staff to the dive itself, it's a memory we'll hold for a lifetime!
Thanks to our Pilot Tiko, who took us to 613 ft! Incredible beyond words!
This once-in-a-lifetime adventure was worth every single penny!
Highly recommend the Curasub for anyone looking for adventure not available anywhere else in the world and for breathtaking beauty at depths no scuba divers can reach!!!

Visited March 2013