“I really love this place.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #98 of 238 restaurants in Curacao
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Kralendijk, Bonaire
“I really love this place.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Of course it's nice to eat something you can not eat every day and you don't cook in your own kitchen. And the atmosphere is also very good, I love that they have a campfire where you can sit after dinner. For us it's always worth the long drive.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

79% Recommend
San Diego, California
“Great Food, Great Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Zambezi is sorta off the beaten path in Curacao but well worth the visit. If you call they will also send a cab to pick you up at your hotel for free and deliver you back after dinner. The food is fantastic. I ate the ostrich sashimi and ostrich steak. Both were AMAZING. The restaurant is also modelled after a South African type game lodge on the Savannah. There is a great view of the bay and the ostriches on the farm. There is also a small pen with ponies, pigs, goats and other animals you can pet and feed. After dinner there is a campfire that you can sit around and have after dinner drinks. I absolutely love this restaurant and return every time I am in Curacao. Not only is it a fantastic meal but a great experience all around.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
willemstad curacao
“Going down”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

As a regular visitor for dinner we experience higher and higher prices while the quantity and quality of the food is going down. Perhaps this has to do with the new owner/management. When we last had dinner (2 May 2012), the carpacio was chewy and lacked ingrdients like parmesan cheese and nuts. The beer was warm (all the bottles are now sir), and service was at a low (new waiter). Too expensive and 80 gram of ostrich steak . All in all, it is not worthed the long and dark trip anymore.
Ph. de Haan and family

• Visited May 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Sudbury, MA
“Weird experience...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012 via mobile

Wow, how should I rate this...

We stopped here for lunch after a great tour of the ostrich farm. The food was better than I expected. The ostrich burger was a nice chunk of tasty meat with all the fixings. My wife had the ostrich tortilla, which was also very tasty (although a bit on the chewy side).

But the "fun" started when we tried to settle the bill. Our waitress -- who to this point had already displayed very little interest in us as customers -- brought us a bill that was clearly for a four person party and had no resemblance with what we had consumed. My pointing out that error seemed to cause her a lot of distress. I really have no idea what actually happened next but after she left and was not seen for another 10 minutes suddenly some commotion broke out in the kitchen, with a lot of yelling and crying. I waited for at least another ten minutes but our waitress had apparently disappeared from the face of the earth. I finally walked up to the cashier to pay. There they first tried to charge me for five lemonades (4 more than we had), then they tried to make me pay for the same four person bill our waitress had shown me. After I explained what we actually consumed and had the bill fixed, they charged my credit card in dollars for the amount shown in Dutch guilders. Luckily I noticed that because that's 70% more than it should be!

I must say that the whole thing in a way was so bizarre that I was more amused and in anticipation of what might happen next than annoyed... Definitely one of my weirdest dining experiences ever..

Monkton, Ontario
“Felt like I was in Africa!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

We stopped here on a four-wheeler tour! It had cold drinks, pop, mixed drinks and beer but pricey! The farm was cool-but we didn't get right up and personal with the ostrichs. It would of been cool to take the safari jeep up along the ostrichs but it wasn't offered. It really is no different that any other hobby farm except the animals are more exotic. Pot-belly pigs, ostrich, goats, macaws, iguanas.

Visited February 2012