“A must to do on Curaçao!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #85 of 238 restaurants in Curacao
Cuisines: Argentinean, Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Located on the front porch of an authentic 18th century plantation house, grill restaurant Landhuis Brakkeput Mei Mei offers you great dining under the stars! Enjoy fresh fish, a variety of meat specialties from the charcoal grill and a salad bar. The inviting menu, the Caribbean music and the tropical informal ambiance make Landhuis Brakkeput Mei Mei the ideal location for a memorable evening.
ostrava
“A must to do on Curaçao!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I am frequent traveler for few years on curaçao. I have visited this lanhuis for at least 10 times. I can not imagine my future trips and not visiting this local restaurant. Looking reviews from other travelers .... Do not expect upscale European restaurant with services on high level. It is authentic local carribean landhuis with their carribean service speed and absolutely perfect grilled meat/fish menu with few starters and few desserts. Easy served, easy presented, easy grilled. But delicious using fresh local fish/meat and ingredients, exactly what I expect by visiting local restaurant. This time we have visited landhuis twice. Once we made reservation and one we just passed by and we get table within few minutes with smiley and professional attitude of waiter.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

62% Recommend
Willemstad, Curacao
“Loooonnggg wait and unfriendly waitres and manager/chef on duty”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

We were told about the golf court and play area they had for kids so we decided let's make it a nice evening for the kids and us. We passed through the restaurant for the golf activities after the kids have been playing for one hour we decided to have dinner didn't knew where to go being in the back of the restaurant we thought why don't have dinner in front. It seems cozy, nice atmosfhere but that was all. Asking for a table for 6 we were told to wait 5 minutes I thought wow this is fast... Well that was the only Good service they had the whole evening besides the salad buffet.

We were asked by a kind of pretending to be friendly waiter if we would like something to drink without being handed the menu. After 15 min we asked for the menu we were told they had none, we had to wait for a couple of seconds. Never heard a restaurant that does not have enough menus but is not the end of the world :) just smile laugh. We had no explanation about the menu and we asked for ourselves what the special of the day was. Beacause we were really hungry we had decided not to order appetizer and lets just order entree. Worst case scnenario it took us 50 minutes to get our food. My son was so hungry that he couldnt stand waiting. I called the waitres she told us 30 minutes what ???? It's not my fault she said it's the kitchen. Blame it on someone else. My son got dizzy hungry and finally voila he got his nuggets and fries and my niece her pasta with chicken.

After 30minutes we got our main dish standing up to the kitchen looking for manager and waitres we heard from a male waiter that we will be served right away it's coming out. That's when me and my hubby got really mad we were at the point to leave the restaurant but my father was really hungry so he couldnt stand to leave at that point. I started to show my discontent to the waitress she is telling me is not my fault it's not my fault I can't do anything about it, my husband asked to please bring someone who can help us with this issues.

Chef/manager in duty came, male spanish/portuguese accent telling a bunch of excuses why we got our food so late. Not friendly and comprehensive at all. We are really busy, we have another private acitivity etc BShit. You must be able to run your bussiness or tell your guest from the beginning that we are running late in the kitchen.

And offering us whatever one free drink but NOT that we havent got anything not even a thank you! And they have not got no tip from us. The food was really poor.

Cozy please, terible server and loooooong wait that gives you a horrible and angry mood.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Oranjestad, Aruba
“Cozy restaurant and authentic music ambiance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

We had late dinner, with 3 kids and us parents, the restaurant gave an authentic feel when we arrived, with music played by five old men called "Streanan di Merengue". We enjoyed the music, the food was excellent, and the desserts were amazing (we had quesillo and tres leches). A restaurant to recommend to families (with children) also for couples (romantic evening). Service was good, prices were reasonable. Waitress and waiter attention was excellent and polite. One disappointment was at the end when we used our American Express Card, they told us that the Amex machine was not working (that is unacceptable), imagine if that was the only credit card we traveled with, thank God we also carry a Visa....

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Family thing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012 via mobile

The ambient is stunning there and the kids corner was a big fun!

BUT the food was below average! Everything was dry and even the simple kids pasta was over-cooked.

Service staff: It took a couple of hours til we got the first smile. In the first minutes I felt not really welcome and when I ask for the view they offered me another restaurant!?! Later on it became better but not really good!

• 2 of 5 stars Food
noordwijk
“Unfriendly staff, long wait, beautiful house.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

We got to the restaurant early and we were the first one in. The set up is great with the tables in a courtyard surrounded by beautiful plants. We were looking forward to a lovely evening having read that it has live music and good food. After a little while a (grumpy) waiter came to our table to take our drinks order and bring menus, not a smile and minimum verbal exchange. Got our drinks and placed our order (the dish of the day : paella). We were invited to go to the salad bar (included in the meal) and I have to say that it was the best part of the meal. The veggies were fresh and there was plenty of it. Then we waited, and waited ... other guests arrived and we started realising that they were being brought food and we were still waiting.... after 45 mn we managed to attract the attention of an other staff and asked were our order was. We were told that it the paella was almost ready... since it was the dish of the day, you would have thought that the cook had it ready at the opening not starting to cook it when the first customers arrive. Anyway, in the meantime not ONE staff came by to ask if we wanted an other drink, of course we could have called a waiter to ask for a drink but we were at that point just curious to see how long we would have to wait to get the attention of the staff. Finally after 1 hour of having been in the restaurant the paella arrived, not a word of apology for having made us wait so long. the paella was ok but not worth the wait. Needless to say we did not leave a tip.. It was such a disappointment, we were looking forward to a good meal in a relaxed atmosphere and we were faced with grumpy staff who couldn't care less about us. We saw one of the more senior staff who was so unfriendly to us being all smiles and shaking hands to the regular customers so I suppose he / they just didn't like the tourists or we must have been wearing our invisible customers outfit.. Would not recommend it, shame because of the beautiful setting, the wait was frustrating but if the staff would have been friendly it would have made it better.

• Visited May 2012