Our group stayed from Feb 23-Mar 2 and we all had a great time at this resort.
When we first booked into our rooms, one room was fine, the other had a horrible mold smell (not just musty....terrible mold), however, we simply waited until the front desk wasn't busy to explain and they very quickly assigned us to a lovely room just a couple of doors down. Two concierge gentlemen helped us move all of our belongings and brought in a cot as well. We had absolutely no other issues during our stay.
The grounds are quite nice and they are working constantly to update and make improvements. There are a variety of activities to entertain everyone. Being to Cuba twice before, we had prepared everyone for the food. To our delighted surprise, the food was great. There was a lot of variety and all tasted good. We ate at the Mediterranean (very good), Italian (average) and the Japanese ala carte which was terrific! I was worried about there only being one main buffet open for dinners with such a large amount of people, but we never waited for a table once.
- If you have an early morning excursion or flight...the buffets do not open until 8am. However, the 24 hour snack bar has a small selection of items you can grab (boiled eggs, fruit etc.). The 24 hr snack bar is at the quiet pool.
- Toilet flushing ability is not what we're used to. Save some aggravation by putting paper in the basket provided.
- The bank down by the tennis court is usually less busy.
- Stay to the sides of the walkways to allow the carts room to pass.
This is a large resort with a large amount of people, so there are bound to be a variety of experiences. My advice is to simply read some reviews to get some tips so you sort of know what to expect going in, and then make the most of your vacation. Don't get too fussed if things aren't "perfect"...you're not going to get perfect at any all inclusive.
Enjoy your stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pamper yourself on the pristine white sand beaches of Varadero, Cuba with a stay at the luxury Memories Varadero Beach Resort. The resort offers incredible value and impressive all inclusive features and is the perfect destination for a romantic getaway or a fun family vacation. Guests will be dazzled by the elegant rooms and suites that feature rich wood furnishings, luxurious amenities, and stunning décor. Relish a culinary trip around the world at the buffet restaurant and several à la carte restaurants, which offer sumptuous global cuisine, including Italian, Japanese, Mexican, and more. Spend your days basking under a golden sun on one of Varadero’s most beautiful beaches, or revel in an array of fun land and water sports and activities. Children will also have the time of their lives at the Kids Club and Baby Club with supervised games and activities. Memories Varadero Beach Resort ensures fun for all ages and helps create unforgettable vacation memories for the whole family. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Sirenis La Salina Varadero Beach Hotel Varadero