“Beautiful resort for the price!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Blau Marina Varadero Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Blau Marina Varadero Resort
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Autopista Sur final Punta Hicacos, Varadero, Cuba   |
Ranked #17 of 58 hotels in Varadero
“Beautiful resort for the price!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

Booked this trip last minute, stayed Jan 13th to 21st with my boyfriend. This is our second time to Cuba my first to Varadaro.

The resort is huge with 3 pools 2 of which had swim up bars we liked the one to the left if the resort because it had good music and bar tender would let u plug ur own in if you wanted.

I was upset that the girls washrooms at all the pools were always out of order and I always had to use the handicap one which normally had no toilet paper and none of them had toilet seats!! I expected that off the resort but seriously how hard is it to put a toilet seat on the 3 handicap bathrooms...

Other then that everything else was great room was beautiful and cleaned everyday fresh towels whenever we wanted I would recommend spraying your bed with off or some sort of bug spray one night I forgot to and my legs were bit all over.

Food was good for Cuba with lots if variety. Bar tenders were great, wish they made fancier and frozen daquries and marguerites but after a few you don't care anyways!!

This resort is definitely for families with children or people/couples over the age of 40. There were not many people our age (24/25) so the partying we would have liked to do was not really happening unless you left the resort.

Overall great resort for the money you pay and would recommend to families and older couples!!

Defiantly do the jeep safari so much fun!!

Sara, Jones Falls, Ontario

• Stayed January 2013

943 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (377)
  • Polish first
Winnipeg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We are just back this morning from Cuba and had a wonderful time. The Blau Marina was more than we could have asked for. The staff, food and accommodations were tops. The tours we took of Cuba were fun, the guides knowledgeqble and we will do others the next time we are there. We left a lot of people wanting to take up paperfolding. Go.. you will have a super time.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Fort Erie
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Five years ago I asked my travel agent to set my husband and I up for a perfect Cuban holiday.
She recommended the Barcelo Marina Palace in Varadero. We asked for ocean front, king bed, good food and a clean hotel. We found paradise. We go for 2 weeks and have just returned for the 5th time. Barcelo is now under the name BlauMarina Varadero. The hotel and grounds are beautiful and comforting. It is very hard to miss home in such surroundings. Most of the staff from before are still there. Kenia Pina in customer relations is awesome. She takes care of everybody with sincerity and class. The rooms are beautiful as are the views of the ocean. The pools are fantastic. The food is excellant. The variety is endless. The bar staff, Jimmy, Yoslady, Lisbet, Zuely, Domingo, everybody, they are the best. The dining room staff, Urbano, Lexy, Belmy, Gorge-Luis, go the extra mile to serve. For New Years Eve, the buffet is like nothing we have ever experienced except for Blau. Unlimited lobster and champangne as well as every food imaginable. The Cuban people are so caring and sincere. We all could learn greatly how to treat each other by their examples. The Blau management make us feel like family. Tolo, Raul, & Juan really care about their staff, customers and their beautiful marina resort. We miss our Cuban home away from home and can not wait to return again next year for the holidays.

Room Tip: We enjoy the third floor of the building we stayed. The views are always better when higher.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

It was OK, went with Sunwing
food was very average. A lot of people from Quebec and mostly intoxicated and obnoxious all day. We saw and very drunk French Canadian man attack a guy at the bar and broke his nose completely unprovoked. No monitoring on how much alcohol they serve to people (no cutting off) so you constantly see very intoxicated individual around the resort.
Another time we saw another guy passed out at around 11:am on the floor in the lobby and no security guards seemed to care

Staff were mostly nice, but very loud in the morning walking by the rooms. Rooms were ok, not bad

I wouldn't stay there again

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Juan Miguel M, General Manager at Blau Marina Varadero Resort, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your report and your words.

I am really sorry for the incidents that happens during your stay at our hotel.

I definitely will share all this incidents with all the heads of departments involved in order to make sure this incidents will not happen again to any of our guest.

I would like to thank you for your kindness and I really hope you will give us the opportunity to host you again in order to offer an "awesome" stay with us.

Kind regards,

Juan Miguel Marí
BLAU MARINA VARADERO
BLAU PRIVLEGE CAYO LIBERTAD
Cambridge, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

We went to Varadero with our 4 kids, ages 18, 16, 13 and 10. We decided on Blau Marina and was not disappointed! We loved the buffet and the snack bar and pizza bar, and of course, the swim up bar :)
We did a snorkelling excursion and a trip into Havana. Our family loved it all! We would definitely recommend this resort to families looking for a clean, active resort!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

It is very important to us that our guests have a wonderful holiday with us and are offered a very good quality service.

I am glad that you were able to experience this with us and do hope to welcome you again to Blau Marina Varadero in the near future.

Kind regards,

Juan Miguel Marí
BLAU MARINA VARADERO
BLAU PRIVILEGE CAYO LIBERTAD
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

The resort is great, huge, nice facilities, nice pools, restaurants (even though the food is average)... But the location is an issue:
- the beach is ok, not the carribean beach of your dreams... in the mean time, the place is very quiet and far from Varadero's activities. So you don't get the nice beach and you don't get the party neither, so I would say that even if the resort is nice, it is probably not the best one to choose.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Windsor, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Truly this is the worst hotel I have ever been to. I would tell anyone who is considering going to this hotel to run the other way. My family was at the hotel from Jan 6th to the 13th and will NEVER go back to this hotel!!!!!!

My hotel room was broken into through the balcony entrance and had many articles of clothing stolen including several pairs of under wears. When I reported the break in to the hotel, I was met with zero help and no compassion from the hotel staff. The hotel staff did everything they could to not take the blame and actually gave me the blame for the break-in. The two women I was dealing with were trying to tell me that maybe my room hadn’t been broken into and that I forgot where I put all my clothes and sandals. The hotel manager NEVER came out to speak with me. I filled out a report and the men they call “security guards” went to look at my room. These two guards were a joke of a pair. One was busy smoking and picking up sea shells while the other one just ignored me when I pointed out the very visible shoe prints that were outside of the balcony. They security guards reported that there was no evidence of a break-in and never reported the shoe prints outside my room. I was told to have the Cuban police came and take mine and my family’s fingerprints, allow them to go through all our items and dust for fingerprints and then they would fill out another report. I refused to give them my fingerprints and told them if there was nothing the police could do then I didn’t want to waste my time dealing with them. The hotel never compensated me for the items that were stolen. I can’t express in words the disgust and anger I have with the hotel staff and the security guards on how I was treated and spoken to. They treated me like I was a moron and actually offended me. They felt they had the right to tell me that Cuba is a much safer and better country then Canada – complete BS!

Two out of four of us got food poisoning on this trip. I went to the medical center looking for the doctor and told the nurse that my family members needed to see the doctor. I was told there was no doctor there and that if I really wanted to see a doctor, they would call a doctor from other hotel. When I told the nurse that my family members had food poisoning, she told me that she had never heard of food poisoning. It’s unbelievable to consider that this nurse had no idea what food poisoning was. She went as far as trying to convince me that my family members didn’t need to see a doctor and that they probably just a cold. I told the nurse that we had travel insurance and I wanted the doctor to examine them. It took a full day before my family got to see the doctor.

When we originally checked into our room, the room was dirty. There was even dirt in between the sheets.

There was always an issue with getting clean towels at the hotel. There were 4 days were we had no clean towels or beach towels and when the clean towels finally arrived it was after 5pm.

I wouldn't even consider what they serviced as food.

Do not go to this resort!!!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Blau Marina Varadero Resort? Share your experiences!