“amazing place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Royalton Hicacos Varadero Resort & Spa

We can't find prices for this hotel
Royalton Hicacos Varadero Resort & Spa
You added Royalton Hicacos Varadero Resort & Spa to your Saves list
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Las Morlas KM 15 | Punta Hicacos, Varadero 40400, Cuba (Formerly Royal Hicacos)   |
Ranked #1 of 59 Hotels in Varadero
plymouth
“amazing place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Totally loved this place, we have never gone all inclusive before I had big worries about the food as I am the most fussy eater you could meet , well I needent of worried the food was fantastic every need was caterd for . Don't know how the did it but it was first class. Loved the 2 Al carte we tried but it was nice to sit and be served but the buffet food was just as good. The accommodation was first class so roomy and spotlessly clean . The pool is bueautiful plenty going on all day , snack bar servers burgers hot dogs and salad , if you wanted something different there is another's 24hr sack bar just off the pool that has a much larger range. Ice cream and drinks available allday , waiter service at pool. Had my birthday here and our butler did all he could to make my day and me feel very special . My only complant is there R not enough umbrella T the pool also could do with mor beds , having said this the place was full , we went in April 2015. Can change money at reception or go to the town ,but be warned the banks have a tendency to run out of money. All in all we really loved it here , yes I would stay here again staff were very helpful and friendly not always the case in Cuba

Room Tip: Only paid for wifi in bar
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (359)
  • Hungarian first
  • Slovak first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We went from April 22nd to April 29th 2015. We had a fantastic holiday and all the staff were great. Our butler Lyan was very helpful. I would definitely recommend this resort to everyone and would go back again. The food was very good and the Italian Al a carte was excellent. Rooms are very clean. The gardens are so beautiful.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Bristol
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

From the moment we arrived relaxation set in! The reception area is spaciously laid out, check in was simple (in my opinion the butler tour and service was overkill and unnecessary).
All of the A la Carte restaurants are good and very simple to book. we only used the buffet restaurant for breakfast. Lunch every day at the beachside restaurant, fresh grilled fish was excellent!!
Absolutely no shortage of sunbeds around the pool areas, sunbeds and umbrella on the beach are more of a premium but well worth getting up a ;little earlier for. We 'beached' every day because it was just so good!
We had a garden view room which had a balcony and lounge area - if you like coffee when you wake, order a coffee machine from your butler straight away - spotlessly cleaned every day, no noise at night.
The entertainment all across the resort day and night I thought was good fun, especially with the Michael Jackson tribute night and his 'Triller' show.
ALL of the staff without exception were sensational, Christana at the beach bar WILL remember your drink after the second time of ordering !

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

It was our first time in Cuba and we chose the Royalton since it got rated as #1 in Varadero. The resort is beautiful, although in certain areas in need of a facelift which I'm told is about to take place this year. The beach is wonderful and clean but you need to get there as early as 7 AM if you want a chair and some shade. The pool area is great but needs more beds. The buffet restaurant offers a large spread, lots of fresh fruits, but not enough fresh vegetables or salads. The food is mostly overcooked and bland, we all felt that a good executive chef is what's needed. The dining room's AC is inefficient so it's always hot and they keep the door open so there is definitely a problem with flies, however service from everybody is fantastic, the staff is wonderful and go out of their way to help with everything. I would like to mention Leonardo and Lasarida at the buffet restaurant, Marcos the Butler and Mynelvis from Nexus who were just fabulous. Our room was quiet and very clean, well supplied with everything and our chamber maids were excellent. Entertainment was good, Tuesday nights showcase an amazing group of 5 talented local vocalists who are just incredible... Drinks and beverages are always available everywhere, but the best drinks are served at the beautiful newly refurbished Lobby bar. The resort offers Wi Fi connections for $5 per hour but their network was down all week and phone calls were $2.50 per minute, so if you need to keep in touch with your home or office it could be problematic, but I was told that this is a Cuban problem and has nothing to do with the hotel. All in all a nice vacation, lovely people, excellent service and staff, but there is definitely room for improvement in some areas in order to make this a 5 star resort.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Ajax, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We had some room issues and problems with the Butler Service team but the Hotel made every effort to provide additional services as an apology and the good definately outweighed the bad.
The complex is right on the beach and we enjoyed going to the restaurant that had ocean views.

Room Tip: Check the Hotel online and ask for a room close to the Lobbey or the restaurants if you don't wa...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Stayed at the Royalton Hicacos from April 11 - 25. Beautiful Resort, Great Room, Comfy Bed (Pillows not so great) loved our Butler Junior. Excellent food. Delicious Food in the restaurants - the Carribean was our favorite. Beach - Breathtaking. Met the Manager Paulina several times - she is very hands on and a lovely lady. Drinks were really good. Foam Party in the pool on Thursday our favorite. The Disco was awesome. Great music and all ages were comfortable. Lots of hot water and water pressure. Changes are being made and its all good. Would like to see washrooms closer to the Pool Bar and a little more cleaning in the public washrooms but they weren't too bad. Loved the little bar underneath the Beach Grill. However we didn't like having to order at the Beach Grill we would prefer it was more like the buffet but that's just our preference. Staff at the Pool Bar - Loved them!!!! Lobby Bar - Great Staff. Ricardo mixes us drinks in the dining room - the best. Mostly the Dining Room Staff were great too. We would go back - this is definitely a 5 Star all the way! They need free WI FI it is 2015 !!! Had problems with my iphone first few days although they were very helpful they don't have public computers and there is a fee for internet. This is the biggest change they need to make. Please look into FREE Wi Fi.

Room Tip: The Higher the Room # the closer you to the lobby, pool, dining room. We were in 500's a bit fa...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Biggleswade, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I will not repeat others comments, other than to say I can highly recommend this hotel, like all resorts good and not so good but these very often depend on your needs and perspective. However I would like to comment on the food as I require a special diet and I know there are others for whom this is a great worry when they travel. As a sufferer of coeliac disease I require GF food and minimal risk of cross contamination otherwise there are dire consequences. I emailed initially and they reassured me there would be no problem in accommodating my needs. However our first day we tried the Beach bar for breakfast and despite a request not to have toast with my food it was served with toast directly on top of my food! Language barrier to blame here as its possible once you try talking about anything out of the 'norm' for the waiters then confusion ensues. However we then tried the buffet restaurant and stuck with that for the rest of our stay with no worries whatsoever. Food was varied and very GF friendly. Very little cooked in sauces, flour is very rarely used in Cuban cooking. Salads, vegetables, meats and fish all fine. meat and fish cooked to oreder and straight from the fridge. Deserts I am afraid not so good, I did once have meringues, the ice cream is wonderful as well. however there is always a range of fresh and tinned fruit. One tactic I have found to avoid the contamination issue is to arrive relatively early at meal times and there is less risk. At breakfast rice cakes are available if a little soft, they really need to be stored in an airtight container! Diabetic jam too for those that need it. Please feel free to ask me any questions if you need further advise.

Room Tip: all rooms within 5 mins of beach and/or pool
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Royalton Hicacos Varadero Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!