We stayed at Sandals Royal Hicacos November 16-23 2009 and returned November 17-24 2012. We loved the resort so much that we had to come back. The only changes we noticed this time around is that there had been some renovations done to the hallway area between the disco and the Italian Restaurant. Some shops have been added, a cigar bar and a bistro which serves pizza, crepes, hot dogs, sandwiches as well as some drinks. Our room was clean upon arrival and the maid took great care in cleaning our room for the duration of our stay. The beach was just as beautiful as it was in 2009. Always plenty of loungers and JB and Jose made sure we always had drinks when we were on the beach. For the most part the staff is very helpful though I found there was not enough staff in the lobby bar and getting drinks there always seemed to take forever. I also wanted to mention that in the Bistro Rauel and Alcides gave excellent service.We went there most every night to have a drink or a snack before bed and they were always wonderful. All in all it was another fantastic stay at Sandals and we will can't wait to plan our third trip to this resort.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Hicacos Varadero
- Sandals Cuba
- Sandals Royal Hicacos Hotel
- Sandals Royal Hicacos Resort Spa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled within lush tropical gardens and just steps from the azure blue waters and powder white sand of Cuba's finest beach lies the award-winning, Royal Hicacos Resort and Spa, where its natural beauty is surpassed only by the warmth of its people. ... more less