“Amazing...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Tuxpan

We can't find prices for this hotel
Hotel Tuxpan
You added Hotel Tuxpan to your Saves list
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   Carret. Las Americas, Km.4, | Matanzas, Varadero 42200, Cuba (Formerly LTI Tuxpan)   |
Ranked #28 of 59 Hotels in Varadero
Milan, Italy
“Amazing...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Are you looking for a fun place? Are you looking for a place to crash after a long day at the beach and clubbing at night? Are you looking for a place where you have food and drink 24 hrs a day in your all inclusive deal? Then the Tuxpan is for you!

The staff are all great. The facilities good. But if you are looking for luxury and super comfort...then I just would not recommend Cuba at all. Cuba has to be taken for what it is and Tuxpan is the same! Accept this and the Tuxpan (and Cuba) will be the best holiday you have ever taken! I would stay there again if I have the chance...and I stayed 1 week!

Room Tip: Pool side rooms have amazing views of the crystal clear waters of Varadero...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
  • Polish first
Burkesville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

We stayed stayed five nights with negotiated rates that were incredibly low. It is all inclusive... Three meals served on a massive buffet; drinks from the bars flow freely of any thing you desire - coffee, sodas, juices, wine, beer, distilled spirits and their famous Cuban Rum. Although we were on a mission, we enjoyed our stay at this hotel tremendously. We never had the lunch as we were out in the field during the day. The hotel is set on the beech just within site of the DuPont house - Zanadu - and is simply wonderful.
If you are from Canada there are direct flights from Toronto and the total package is cheaper than most flights across the USA. If I were a Canadian, I would vacation here.

Room Tip: Room rates are dependent upon view of the ocean. Choose a room without a view, save the money.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Charlottetown
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

This resort is older and smaller, when we were there they were doing some renovations. The food was great for Cuba! The pool / snack bar always had great food,pizza grilled chicken ,beef,pork, rice dishes Excellent!!! Beach was great! not a rock to be found. Travelled with another couple No issues to speak of would definitely go back!! The staff here were the Best!!!We went on Havana tour and in to Cardenas which was a wonderful day as well. Travelled April 2012!!!!!

Room Tip: Ground floor if you dont like the stairs, unless they got the elevators fixed.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Brandon, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

my kid and I stayed in Tuxpan for 2 weeks in the end of April. The weather was all right, not as nice as in February, however. It was definitly more humid and more insects around. So I'd rather go to Cuba in December-March rather than late April or May. The hotel and service were good for the money we paid. No comparison with 5-star resorts, of course, but we paid much-much less than what you pay for Melia or Iberostar. So if your goal is to have a great time (with kids) on the beach - excellent, you'll enjoy the stay. The big plus was that boats and catamarans were included into your package. The bonus is also a location: you can take a walk along the ocean all the way to Varadero (which is impossible to do from more expensive resorts because those are cut off by the cliffs and points and have anyway a much shorter beach)
The staff was friendly and helpful. The grounds were clean; the cleanliness of the room somewhat depends on your maid's diligence. Ours was not so good but her substitutes (whe our maid had a day off) were fantastic.
No complaints about the food: enough choice and you could always find foods that you knew were just fine for adults and kids. I don't try sampling food I don't know. it's better to stay with what you know and have an overall healthy trip rather than stuff yourself with exotic dishes or dishes that do not go well together and then risk missing a few days of the beach.
The mattresses were had but we liked that. We didn't ask for a mattress topper.

Room Tip: we had a view of the bay, not the ocean side and I know we were much happier than those who sometime...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
medicine hat
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We were there is Feb/2013,we arrived about 2:30am the lady at the counter was very nice.Our room was clean and the a/c was on,had a view of the tennis court. I did read the reviews before we went so I was not to surprised to fined the beds very hard.
As for the food yes I'm a picking eater so I survived on fruit and bread( I did the bring peanutbutter)lol.My husband did gain weight so it couldn't be that bad.They need to be more organised in keeping the food stocked, they ran out fast and took forever to have more brought out.The best way is to get there first have one person grab the table while the other gets in line.
The hotel is very dated(yes I understand why),They need to work on sound proofing the rooms,we had some women going off on her man in the room next to us for hours atfer hearing what sounded like a lamp getting broken I finally went to the desk, they sent someone down to shut her up for the night.To top it off the college kids where running up and down the hallways(11pm- 5:30am) yelling and tring to sing just being disrespectable to every other guest there.
Would like to thank the hotel for getting the very rude drunk guest removed from the hotel(he was so drunk he could hardly stand) he was a danger to himself and others.
We did do a tour which was great the weather was not so good the day that we went so we could not go snorkeling.When you leave the hotel take your own toilet paper(I brought my from home).They charge you to use the washrooms,the going rate is about 5 cents.
Cuba is a very beautiful country and the people that we met there were very friendly.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

My friend and I, both in our twenties, went down for a one week vacation in mid April. Upon arriving at 4am, the friendly staff showed us to our room which was quite tidy and well air conditioned. We had a fantastic view of the ocean from our third floor room and because we faced South, noise at night was at a minimum. Though this hotel isn't perfect, our shower was a little broken and one of the pools was always closed, the welcoming cheerful staff more than make up for any issues. At the Lobby Bar we were greeted every day by Emilio, Tomas, and Rolando. They were experts at bartending and always provided fast service with a smile. Jenny and Yumiel were our main servers at the pool bar, which has amazing grilled sandwiches, and they would be willing to help you out even if it was the middle of the night. And of course, there was Jaima the lovely MC for the evening entertainment. The evening shows were always entertaining and varied, we went to them almost every night and had a blast. The price for our vacation was also incredible! Definitely the spot for great bang-for-your-buck. The food was great, always hot and fresh, and the guys working the meat station were masters of the trade; I've never had such good chicken kebabs before. We walked the beach from the end of the golf course almost all the way to Varadero and I must say, this hotel by far has the best beach out of anywhere on the coast. There were always plenty of chairs and umbrellas, which was definitely not the case at the other hotels we walked past, the beach volleyball court was well maintained, there were plenty of Hobie Cats and kayaks to try, and the beach bar was also a great bonus. Overall it was a fantastic trip and I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who has a taste for adventure and wants to keep their budget slim.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
enderby
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

My first time last year, stayed for 15 days, no complaints, staff very friendly and personable, and heard the food may be blah, but it was excellent with lots of variety. Room was clean, and view off balcony of ocean exceptional.Met friendly people from Canada, Sweden, Holland, Germany,Mexico, Russia, who keep returning.
Well I live in B.C in the Okonogon on the water, so I have decided to return to Cuba over our winter months for approximately 3 months, the best of both worlds.
I also have met a great friend in Doris, who also will be spending the winter months at the Tuxpan.And we both are learning Spanish out of respect for the Cuban people and knowledge for ourselves.I didn't have any bad experiences at all.Maybe see there.ED

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Tuxpan? Share your experiences!