“very good holiday” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Tuxpan

We can't find prices for this hotel
Hotel Tuxpan
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Carret. Las Americas, Km.4, | Matanzas, Varadero 42200, Cuba (Formerly LTI Tuxpan)   |
Ranked #27 of 58 hotels in Varadero
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
“very good holiday”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

hotel tuxpan is good enough for people with low budget. you can really enjoy in a very nice swimmingpool in the front of hotel. hotel has one of the most beautifull beaches in the world, i have been swimming in the ocean for hours and almost forgot the time when i came in. you can find plenty space to lay down and relax..swimmingpool or the beach..i choose the beach.. customer service is just great..i called them sometimes and there wasn't problem to fix it up if i had one. they are trying to make you smile all of the time wherever you are..if you come to the restaurant you can not get enough of that kind of people of course and the music...salsa is great!
food is not good for people who are expecting to much, but also not bad. i have eaten almost every day fresh meat and salads and also fresh fruit and the desserts..they were just great! entertainment is very nice and they are trying to make you smile too. they are good dancers and they are my friends too....at example a singer is great! i had a very nice and comfortable room and great shower.......all in all i had an interesting holiday with many funny faces all around me.....JUST GO THERE AND EXPERIENCE THE SAME...HOTEL TUXPAN THANKS FOR GREAT HOLIDAY!

Room Tip: on the forth floor are the best rooms.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

1,006 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
  • Polish first
COURTICE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

We travelled to Tuxpan twice as my daughters friend showed us pictures 4 years ago. We have been there twice. It is not a big fancy resort. You are treated well by staff and looked after as well.
The pool,hotel and dining area is very clean and the staff are very friendly. The beach is very beautiful .Tuxpan has the best beach area in Varadero.
Meet people from all over the world and everybody was very friendly on both trips.
The food is typical Cuba food. The drinks and service are great and the staff really tries to look after you there.
All and all great affordable trip. You are not staying at a 5 star so don't expect it. It is a great comfortable hotel and well kept.
Got a nice dinner as we were repeat travellers and my husband loves the lobster dinner as well there.

Room Tip: Ask for a oceanview or garderview on the poolside. The rooms are all the same.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Guelph, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

My 2 son's and I stayed here Sept 29-Oct 3.The staff were all awsome , from the doormen to the front desk and maids and bartenders. They really treated us well. It is a 3 star for sure. I knew this though when booking the room. I m not the type of review writer who spends my day taking pictures of cracks in the sidewalks or aging bathroom taps, because that stuff doesn't bother me. We requested a cot and it was there. We booked a garden view room and asked for a nicer view room when checking in and they accomadated us for no extra charge.We had a nice room with a beautiful balcony view on one of the nicest beaches in the world.The beds were hard, and yes it was the same menu everyday.Big deal !! I got a great deal on not a bad place with some wonderful staff.I would recommend this Hotel to anyone on a tight budget.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
milton, ontario
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Stayed at this hotel from October 20th to 27th 2012. From the start the front desk was not very friendly. Due to low season there were no a la carte restuartants and the food selection was at a minimum and very repetious. No activities the whole week and no one seemed to care. Also due to hurricane Sandy we experienced severe wind and rain. Several of the huts on the beach and at the resort were destroyed. The buffet also became flooded and was not accesable for several days. Not there fault about the hurricane but when qwe saw all the warnings on the news and asked numerous staff they said they knew nothing. Will not go back. Plus one of the only resorts I know of in Varadero that has no front entrance security check.

Room Tip: No choice is a good choice at this resort.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

We've travelled to this hotel multiple times and staying from one week to three weeks intervals. Fist trip was in December 2006 with 8 and 10 year old! Then we came back 4 more times in January 2007, March 2007, December 2007. Our last trip to Tuxpan was in March 2008. As you can see we were coming back but not any more. The hotel has a lot of great features but also a lot to improve on!

I start with the price. Again, when choosing a destination and hotel we often look at our budget first and since we cannot afford 5 star hotels, especially when travelling with the whole family, we look at the best value for our money with the 4 and 3.5 star hotels. The beautiful Varadero beach, amazing Cuban people yes, but afterall, money, was my first criteria.

Rooms:
Nice view and they were always well cleaned. No problem with hot water or towels.
Location/overall:
I am really late with my review but I wanted to share my experience with you since I see that the hotel is not getting the reviews that it truly deserves. It is not a 5 star hotel but a true 3 star. Tuxpan was a good choice at that time. The hotel is at the excellent location, not very far from town, super nice and clean beach with lots of activities. Nice clean pool and nice bars. They offer lovely live music at the "piano bar".

Entertainment:
What I will remember the most for the rest of my live was an absolutely amazing entertainment staff at Tuxpan. The people were everywhere! They really wanted to ensure that your stay was to remember forever. In my case, they succeeded. The kids did spent some time in the "kids club" and they enjoyed it. Each day they have show at night. Absolute must to see as dancers are really good. The disco at night was great!

Food:
Buffet is indeed not so good but the a la carte on the first floor, next to the disco, is OK. Don't go to a "pseudo" a la carte that they temporarily set up next to the pool. It's a joke :-) But...we truly enjoyed fresh fruit juices served daily but for a very limited time so you have to ask when they are available.
In general, what I mostly enjoyed about Tuxpan were the people who worked there. They made me feel welcomed and provided a nice service and care to my kids. I would recommend to people who have kids.

I've heard that they made extensive renovations to the hotel and I haven't been there after they were completed but I can only imagine that the renos were for the better!
I am continuing going back to Varadero, or to other places in Cuba, but I will try different hotels.

If you can afford, try another place but if you are OK with medium service and a place that offers great entertainment, it is a nice place to stay and you'll sure have fun! All depends on your attitude. Remember, it is not the place but the company that makes our vacation fun or failure!

Room Tip: avoid ground floor as it does not have a nice view. I would recommend 3rd or 4th floor.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Toronto
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

This is not the best 3 star hotel. The rooms are moldy and give you horrible lung infections if you choose to sleep with the AC which blows from a central air which has never been cleaned.
The food is undercooked, so if you choose to go, ensure you don not eat raw meats.
The hotel is managed by Cubacan, a Cuban state management, therefore they let local inside the resort, not a big deal if you like to mingle with the locals.
The music played at the resort is only Cuban. The shows at night are performed by the same artists.
Varadero-Matanzas-Habana are great to go and explore. This hotel is no good.
In summary: Great Staff, Great Beach, Moldy Rooms, Limited choices and low quality.
Simply find a hotel managed by a Western group and avoid anything Cuban state managed, everything else is nature given.
-Written by a group of young people

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

we shared 7 blissful days in TUXPAN. WE had another pre-booking varadero hotel, but cut it short to move back to TUXPAN. because a 3.5 tuxpan far surpassed another 4.5 varadero hotel. and why?
from alighting from the taxi, the bellman took control of our luggage, breezed us both times thru registration, and nicely comfortable in our new rooms.
fresh towels, ice water in the fridge, balcony loaded with with shruberry, comfy pillows/matresses, sportless hot water bathswith mounds of towels, hair products, body perfumed soaps
down to the lobby bar for excellenjt service with champagne, rum ccktails, irish whiskies and loads of travellers surrounded by a piano/saxophone music -- dancing, socialising on the patio and lobby bar
we ambled into the lunch buffet, al delicious metas vegans, desserts with excellent table service to match
stolling over to the swimup bar and pools, quiet spots and merriment corners with cooking paella sanish, cuban pork chops and games with the animation team
to the beach we ran, not stopping because the ocean haze and blue skies were blinding like a mediterranean costa del sol except thisis the authentic world of luxurious pampering at a low, low cost
back to the lobby bar for more music, tea, delicious spanish coffees cuban baked goods
we then hit the showers, not to be late for the 6.30pm a la carte sit down. but wait, wait......... a fully stocked private romantic bar to freshen up with appetivos like french dubonnet, italian ouzos
into the el rnch private dining room, greeted by the maitre'd himself, with a real live trio of 3 cuban senoritas, in elegant black, strumming musicfor only our pleasure. the choice of dinner items. drinks, desserts as we lingers for hours and hours
finally at 9.30pm to the pool side nightly entertainment, with drinks, until weary at 11 pm into the busy disco
the disco has free drinks, and open till 2pm when you go into the lobby bar open 24 hours with sandwiches, burgers, coffees, drinks and friends all around
we were too afraid to hit bed, even at 4 pm in case we missed something.
to summarize: value/service/attention/drinks 5 star, grounds, pools, food a 4.5 star\
without hesitation another 2 or 3 weeks in mid november 2012. i mean it

Room Tip: 3rd or 4th floors for the views oceanview or poolside view left of lobby to catch blowing breezes of...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Tuxpan? Share your experiences!