We stayed at the Barcelo Solymar from March 5-12th... Bungalow, junior suite. Had a fantastic time!! Had great weather 28-32 degres.
Lots of action, lots of things to do!!
Lots of variety of food to choose from..Even the pickiest eaters will find something to eat! Believe me you can not get any pickier than me and I really enjoyed the food!! We ate at all 3 a la cart restaurants (Sea food, Italian, Cuban) and enjoyed all 3 of them. (you just have to know what to order).
Although, the seafood was my favorite.
The beach was just amazing!! we did a few excursions and I do reccomend the catamaran dauphin excursion which was just out of this world! Its worth the money.
Loved the beer and strawberry daquerie!! Entertainement at night was very good! Many cuban shows! GREAT costums.
The grounds were clean and the resort was very nice!!
The staff was very polite and service was very good, Ok there were a few minor things, not even worth talking about, any one who would like to know just e-mail me.
This was my first time in Cuba, and I would definatley go back.. I LOVED IT!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel Barceló Solymar***** stands on right on the sea front of the top spot of Varadero beach, Cuba's best-known tourist destination.With a privileged setting just a few metres from the city centre, this exclusive resort, surrounded by beautiful gardens, offers a wide variety of services characterised by the excellent Barceló All-Inclusive programme.Highly recommended for families, couples and those who enjoy diving and water activities in general.Guests at the Barceló Solymar and Barceló Arenas Blancas hotels can enjoy the facilities at either hotel. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Hotel Solymar
- Barcelo Hotel Varadero
- Barcelo Solymar Cuba
- Barcelo Solymar Hotel Cuba
- Barcelo Solymar Beach Resort
- Barcelo Solymar Varadero Cuba
- Barcelo Sol y Mar