I travelled to the Tryp just under a year ago, and stayed for two weeks with my girlfriend. I don't normally post on websites my opinion/review - I've always considered it something you would do if you have something to complain about. However, I think this hotel has had some bad press and it is not deserved.
My girlfriend and I had a wonderful holiday, partly because Virgin Holidays handled the majority of our arrangements and we went on some excellent excursions.
The hotel itself was great. Large, plenty of facilities, plenty of choice when it came to eating and sat right on a fantastic stretch of beach. What more do you need??
We spent many days and evenings taking advantage of the hotel's bars and entertainment and found the staff to be very friendly and very efficient. We could not fault them. Particularly in the lobby bar - a fresh ice cold beer presented to me when I was barely half way through my last!!
The rooms were spacious and cleaned daily. And provided everything you would need in an All Inclusive resort.
The only minor complaint I would have is the large number of badly behaved Canadians that flock to Varadero. Unfortunately there is not much the hotel could do about them, which is a shame. At times they were thoroughly unpleasant and rude to staff and showed a complete disregard towards other guests when rolling around drunk after a glass and a half of beer! And after a night of stupidity, it was generally the same ignorant Canadians queing at reception the following day waiting to complain about something minor. They should be ashamed of themselves. If you can't handle a beer then get out of the bar, children.
This bad behaviour wasn't confined to this hotel, we spoke with many other holidaymakers when on excursions and in Havana, and it seems that this is common at most resorts.
It makes a change to see the Brits behaving abroad!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All inclusive resort ideal for families, with a dedicated children's area, a marvelous tranquil beach, full of activities for all ages. Honeymooners also get special treatment in a quiet special area. Tennis courts, gym, non motorized water sports, drinks, a la carte and buffet dining included. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Tryp Peninsula Varadero Hotel Varadero
- Tryp Peninsula Cuba
- Peninsula Varadero
- Tryp Varadero
- Varadero Peninsula
- Tryp Peninsula Varadero Cuba
- Tryp Peninsula Hotel Varadero Beach
- Varadero Beach Tryp Peninsula