“Great casa in great location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Jorge Coalla Potts

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Havana
Casa Jorge Coalla Potts
You added Casa Jorge Coalla Potts to your Saves list
Calle I #456 Apto. 11 Between 21 & 23 | Vedado, Havana, Cuba   |
Ranked #64 of 484 Havana B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Petionville, Haiti
“Great casa in great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

After my first stay with Jorge’s Casa, in October 2011, I have stayed there already for three times more, and planning to have Jorge’s casa as my home also on my coming visit to Havana. I’ve seen few of the other casas in Havana as well, but returning here…

No views from the rooms, but it is is compensated with all the other aspects: Location is great, with easy access to all corners of Havana, and in a safe walking distance of plenty of theaters, cinemas, restaurants, music venues and bars. Apartment is speckles, bathroom excellent, both rooms, even the small one, comfortable. And on top of this all, the family is warm and welcoming, helpful in finding answers to all your possible questions, sharing on all aspects of Cuban life, and also respecting your privacy and welcoming your friends to visit. Truly recommended!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Fukuoka, Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I stayed at Casa Jorge Coalla Potts last summer. Without much information at hand on Cuba, I had to heavily rely on a guidebook and this place immediately grabbed my attention. And I am satisfied with my choice. If given a second chance to visit Havana, I will definately stay here again.

First, the place is super-clean and comfortable. The Potts obviously paid great attention to details, and the atmosphere was not inferior to that of a quality hotel. Secondly, Mr. Potts was honest and and helpful with regard to attractions in Havana. I (a girl) stayed here with another girl, and his advice
helped us avoid unnecessary trouble. The location (Vegado) is also attractive, but I wouldn't recommend walking around at night, since the streets gets quite dark after sunset.

Room Tip: They have only one room in my understanding, so you'de better make a reservation way beforehand.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

We first stayed with Jorge and his delightful family in 2000 and returned in 2010 and October 2012. Great location and comfortable accommodation. Jorge is very knowledgeable about his country and can advise on casas particulares in other Cuban cities. He and the family are generous with their advice and most helpful in every way. We look forward to staying with them again in the near future.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We satayed 11 nights (from October, 16th to October, 27th / 2012) at Jorge's apartment, and we loved it!!!! Don Jorge, his lovely wife Marisel and their charming daughter Jessica are really a wonderful family. The location of the apartment is excellent, and its closed to all the Vedados's tourist attractions, restaurants, etc. They are also very close to Colonial Havana. The bedroon and bathroom are very comfortable, clean and with plenty of space. You have access to a refrigarator for yourself and to the telephone. They even allowed us to stay with our little service dog "Ornella", and we are eternally thankful for that. They all were so helpful, accomodating with all our needs and questions and were very nice to us, that we really felt at home. We will defenetely come back again.
Pablo and Wilfredo.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Staying a few days in Havana? A good choice to stay at Casa Jorge! My daughter (16yrs) and I stayed there four days during summer 2012. The flat is in a quiet street, with nice and friendly hosts. The room was clean and the bathroom beautiful with lots of warm water :). Would be happy to return to Jorge´s.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Oslo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

I found this casa through the Moons guide to Cuba, being the author’s personal favorite. I liked it so much that I’ve stayed here twice. It is located in Vedado, in a quite central place of it, being within easy distance (five minutes walking) to both Havana Libre, Hotel Nacional (where you really should sip your cocktails) and Malecon. Going to Havana Vieja, you can easily catch taxis a minute away from the cp. If you prefer walking to Havana Vieja, you’ll reach it within 20 minutes.

The casa is owned by a very charming couple, and their daughter lives there too (fluent in English). You’ll be offered a nice bedroom with air conditioning and nice private bathroom with all necessities. There’s also a refrigerator belonging to the room, should you be in need of that. There is access to the house’s living room (you have to go through this when entering the house), where you’ll feel more then welcome to sit down for a chat with the owners or just watch the telenovelas in the TV. But the family would respect your wish for privacy, should you feel for that instead. For an additional fee, you’ll receive a good and really filling breakfast. The house is clean and secure. The family is very friendly and helpful.

I can easily recommend this place when staying in Havana.

The place has got a web page at www.havanaroomrental.com

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

I reserved our room at the last minute before arriving in Havana, and was a little bit worried...but as soon as we arrived at Jorge's house all my worries went away. Jorge and Marisel go out of their way to make you feel comfortable. They provide you with essential information about "survival" in Havana. The location is in a very quiet and peaceful neighborhood, and if you need a place to relax after a long day wondering the streets of Havana - Jorge's house is the place! The room and the bathroom are impeccably clean. Make sure to order a breakfast - it's the best! We enjoyed our one week stay at Jorge's so much, that when we came back to Havana after travelling around, we knew that we would not have wanted to stay anywhere else! Highly recommend!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Casa Jorge Coalla Potts? Share your experiences!