“Great Meal in a Grand Old Home” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Cuban, International
Good for: Doing business
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Sackville, Canada
“Great Meal in a Grand Old Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Great meal in a grand old home! Good service in both English and Spanish. We were welcomed in the two languages spoken by the twelve people in our group. Had our own room around a comfortable table set for the twelve of us. Gracious service.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Le Tignet, France
“Excellent value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

This restaurant is in a lovely setting with various attractive dinning rooms both indoor and outdoor to choose from. I went as a member of a group. Service was friendly and helpful. The food was not that special by international standard but still one of the best meals I ate during my 10 days visit to Cuba . I had snapper served with mixed vegetables. Fish cooked just as it should be and served with the head and tail still on. It's not expensive and, I think, good value for the money.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Coral Gables, Florida
“Worth Finding! Best in Vedado”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

We came to "Starbien" last week for a friends birthday, I had never heard about the property before and wasn't expecting much, Boy was I wrong! This place was amazing. The restaurant is situated in a large colonial house. Offers a rooftop private dining area, cozy bar (feels like being in Europe) downstairs offers indoor and outdoor seating. Food and drinks here are excellently executed. Prices are mid to high. My wife and I ordered a Serrano ham appetizer, Filet Mignon and Homemade spinach ravioli. The food here was by far the best I have ever tried in Havana. The staff are efficient and very attentive.We will definitely be back!!

• Visited January 2013
New York
“A fantastic dining experience in a beautial colonial home!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I had the pleasure of eating at the newly opened paladar, Starbien, in December 2012. The restaurant is in a two-story house that has been beautifully renovated-- they managed to maintain the colonial charm of the house but also add some modern flourishes. On the first floor, there is both indoor and patio seating, with the option of having a private room for larger parties. On the second floor there is a bar and also a cigar bar.

The menu is simple but wonderfully curated and the prices are reasonable. My friend and I shared several appetizers-- a salad, stuffed red peppers, and homemade raviolis. For dinner, she had filet mignon with mushroom sauce and I had a seafood stew. For dessert, we had a chocolate torte (with dried fruit) and also a lemon pie. Everything was absolutely delicious.

The atmosphere is so relaxing. The owners are super friendly, making sure that you have everything you need and enjoying the meal. I can't wait to go back the next time I am in Havana!

• Visited December 2012
Curacao
“GROUP DECISION”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I was there as I know the owner and took a group of 14 people with me, some friends that were touring with us and some Cuban friends in early December 2012 and we were all very surprised by the delicous meals we have been served. We enjoyed it very much. Price very reasonable cost me 29 cuc pp including drinks & tips, 3 course meals. The friends travelling with us unamiously named it no.1. I can really recommend it. Since then (we are agents for Cuba) we have sent various groups from Australia, Hungary & Holland and all where very satisfied!
For about 35 cuc pp they also send a car to the hotel in Habana Vieja or Centro or Vedado to pick you up and after dinner bring you home!! This INCLUDES dinner!! 3-course meal!!
You will not yet see many reviews since it just opened last November!! But believe me you are in good hands!

• Visited December 2012