“Can't Beat the View” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Melia Habana

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Havana
Melia Habana
You added Melia Habana to your Saves list
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ave 3era, e/ 76 y 80 | Miramar.Playa, Havana 11300, Cuba   |
Ranked #3 of 76 Hotels in Havana
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Tampa, Florida
“Can't Beat the View”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Although it is far away from the historic district; ( about a 20 minute ride from the Prado) this hotel is one of the better hotels in Havana. The pool area and the cigar humidor are excellent. I have stayed here a few times and would definitely return

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
StefanoSturni, Director General at Melia Habana, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear CubaExecutiveTravel,
I thank you very much for taking the time to report your feedback on Trip advisor about your business - holidays at the Meliá Habana’ . I am glad to see that you had a fantastic time in our Hotel and I thank you for highlighting the pool area and the cigar humidor quality as well as the amazing view of your room. Melia Habana with its location in front of ocean is really unique and unforgettable with this incredible sun set!. Your sentence :" I have stayed here a few times and would definitely return " make us feel proud of the results we start having in term of fidelity toward our customers. Thank you so much from all the staff of Melia Habana.
We will all be waiting for your return in your “home” and meantime I send you my warmest regards form the sunny and friendly La Habana, the Caribbean gem!.
Stefano Sturni

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
St Albans
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

We stayed for 3 nights at the beginning of June on our first trip to Cuba. The hotel did have a "corporate" feel to it, but that wasn't an issue at all. Our first impression on entering after a nine and a half hour flight and clearing immigration was WOW! Beautiful, huge lobby area, very well laid out. Our room was huge and overlooking the ocean which was a bonus. We were greeted with a bottle of bubbly and chocolates, which we had no problem taking into dinner. The breakfast was brilliant, huge choice and good quality. The swimming pool was most welcome after a hot day in Old Havana! The shuttle bus worked well, but take the "timetable" with you as there is a two hour wait after the 3.30pm one! We missed it, but grabbed a Chevy back which only cost 10 CUC and a great ride! Make sure you get the price before you get in the taxi. We had the buffet one evening, and as with breakfast, the choice was very good, at 25 CUC each, it maybe was a little expensive for Cuba, but we are glad we did it. All staff were very helpful and friendly. We had a brilliant time and were glad we stayed a little outside the town and this hotel worked very well for us.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Jane104,
I would like to thank for retorting such a nice feedback on Trip Advisor after your stay at the Meliá Habana. Your introduction: “ GREAT HOTEL" make us feel proud of the results and I am so glad to see that you relay enjoyed all our facilities facilities including the comfort and location of your room, the quality of our buffet, the amazing genuine and friendly attitude of our employees ad of course our amazin swimming pool, unique in the town!.
Thank you for the conclusion you wrote a the end of your comments: “ We had a brilliant time and were glad we stayed a little outside the town and this hotel worked very well for us".
We will all be waiting for your return in " your town" and meantime I send you my warmest regards form the sunny and friendly La Habana.
Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

Spent two nights on business. I didn't get to take advantage of all the amenities here, but the spaces I did see were great. The lobby bar was fine as was the "Sports Bar" night club downstairs, although downstairs there were a few prostitutes milling about. It seems par for the course in Cuba though, I don't blame the hotel. I didn't use the gym it looked to be decently equipped for a hotel. The pool area was really nice and it was nice to have a swim-up bar as well. Unfortunately I can't comment on the food I didn't eat anywhere in the hotel. The staff I interacted with were all polite and spoke English reasonably well.

The room itself was clean and quite comfortable. Decent amenities, the bed was fine, and my room had a nice balcony with a west view.

There is a free shuttle to old Havana, it was a clean modern air conditioned coach which ran on time both times I took it, we were very happy with the service.

I do recommend this hotel if you have business in Miramar, or as a jumping off point to explore the surrounding area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
StefanoSturni, Director General at Melia Habana, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Dear Stan _ Coper,
I would like to thank you first for taking the time to report your feedback on Trip advisor after your stay at the Meliá Habana.Thank you for mentioning our Hotel as a very comfortable room and nice property.Such comments are the best award we may receive from our customers.
We hope to see you soon back in our Hotel and this fascinatig town.
Warmest regards from the capital of this wonderful country.
Durham, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

I was part of an American "cultural-exchange" tour and was not sure what to expect from this hotel. So, I was very pleased to find it to be a great place to stay during my visit to Havana. Due to my tour (and the rainy weather), I didn't really get to experience the pool area, but it looked very beautiful.

Now, to my room. We were lucky to get a corner room, so it was shaped a bit differently than others we saw, but I only consider this a plus. Because of this, we were afforded a double balcony that overlooked the pool and faced the ocean. It was an exquisite view and so very peaceful.

The room itself was quite roomy for the two of us: we each had a double bed and there was also a small sofa and table with chairs for additional seating. The bathroom was nice and clean. We had great water pressure in the shower and always had hot water when needed.

The staff were pleasant, especially when we (often) exchanged money. I had heard that the hotel may not be able to provide small denominations, but we had no problem. Also, English is widely spoken there, so that was nice to someone like me who is a bit timid with their Spanish.

The location is a bit of a jaunt from Old Havana (there are always cabs available) but there were places to go nearby, including some markets and cafes. And the hotel has several restaurants (including a huge breakfast buffet). It also was a block away from Embassy Row, which was a great and safe place to take a morning stroll.

Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel. It was very elegant, while also having a tropical resort feel.

Room Tip: If you can, ask for a corner room - they overlook the ocean and have a bigger balcony.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Garrett S,
First of all, I would like to thank you for being a faithful and frequent guest at our Melia Habana.
Reading your kind review I knew how much you loved your stay. I thank you very much for all these kind words coming from the bottom of your heart which confirms the excellent time you spent every time at our Hotel We are deeply grateful for your conclusion : " I would highly recommend this hotel. It was very elegant, while also having a tropical resort feel".Your comments will transmit to our team and this will be definitely one of the best motivacion.
Best regards from the sunny La Habana,
Lethbridge, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Firstly - roger communication has no agreement with Cuba so be prepared!!!' Also bring cash. Canadian has an 8%exchange at one for one so remember this. US is 18% so don't bring it. The hotel here was great. Had breakfast each morning and it was very good. Would be back again for sure

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
StefanoSturni, Director General at Melia Habana, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear 154919Michaelt29,
I would like to thank you first for taking the time to report your feedback on Trip advisor after your stay at the Meliá Habana.Thank you for mentioning the quality of our food in the buffet restauran.
Your conclusion : " Would be back again for sure" are the best award we may receive from our customers.We hope to see you soon back in our Hotel.
Warmest regards from this fascinating town named La Habana.
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

A great hotel! It was wonderful! Ugly building from the outside with it's revolution/brutalist architecture, however inside it's a different story - marble, fountains, and a gorgeous swimming pool and garden area. The rooms are HUGE, and we were lucky to have one with a balcony that overlooked the pool and ocean. Watching the sun set was lovely!

The beds were really comfy, lovely big pillows! Gorgeous huge bathroom with amenities. Hotel is open 24hours so when we stumbled in at 4am from dancing the night away we had no issues getting in.

Security were overly-cautious. Despite being paying guests they made us feel as though we didn't deserve to be there - we were even asked where we were going when going out to the swimming pool! We told them we were guests and they asked us our room number. We gave it to them and they still seemed suspicious but let us through (three well-travelled young English girls who have had their fair share of 5 star hotels!).

The food wasn't great. In fact it was dire. Breakfast was a sorry affair with very little fresh food.

Opposite the hotel is a great cafeteria which does amazing huge pizzas for just 3CUC (£1.80), and ice-cream sundaes for 2CUC!!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Catherine L,
I would like to express my most sincere appreciation for your comments. The greatest motivation for us is to know that you were pleased with our service. We will be very happy and pleased to pass your kind remarks to our staff, as comments like yours encourage them to improve and offer the best of themselves.
Regarding your suggestions for improvements, we wish to thank you for taking the time for bringing these details to our attention. The information you have provided will have an impact on any upgrading, which may be necessary to support the level of quality
I look forward to welcoming you back to Melia Habana once more.
Best regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

We only stayed three nights at the Melia Havana ,but how spoiled and special we were made to feel by all the staff here.
From entering our room to find a Just Married sign hanging on the door,then on entering we had a bottle of Champagne and two boxes of Chocolates and flowers, in a corner suite overlooking the Atlantic Ocean.
All the staff there were so friendly and helpful,from room service to Dailing our maid,Daisy in the Italian restaurant and the best Guest Relations lady ever Yipsian,who made us feel like royalty in her Hotel.
Thank for Melia Havana for starting our Honeymoon in Style

Simon and Alison Robson

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
StefanoSturni, Director General at Melia Habana, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear Simon R,
Thank you so much for reporting your nice feedback on Trip Advisor. It is great to know you had a lovely and wonderful experience on your vacation at Meliá Habana during such important event as your Honey moon. As we read your words we could imagine your pleasant stay and we are more than proud of being the one that have made possible this satisfaction.
It will be my pleasure to inform our Quality Department and in particularly our delicious and nice Yipsian for your kind coment.We can assure you that we will make our best to continue delivering nothing but excellence to our clients.
Again thank you and we hope to welcome you back in the future to this fascinating town!.
Best regards,
Stefano Sturni

Been to Melia Habana? Share your experiences!