I have done extensive business travel around the world and i was impressed with this hotel from a service perspective.
- the staff was exceptionally professional, attentive, nice and helpful
- the hotel itself was a cut above the rest in Havana
- everything at the hotel was as promised
- the food and drinks in the hotel were very good
- fast enough wifi internet!!!!!!!! ( which i was told did not exist in Cuba:))
- located in a great neighborhood with a few restaurants and shops close by
- a slight problem in obtaining the room on time on day 1 of a 3 night stay
- taking the elevators can be risky....my wife was caught in one for 20 minutes
Staying at the Melia Habana was a very good experience. A melia service rep , Yon, ( i hope i have the spelling right) went out of his way to make things right. He and his colleague (Jesus) made follow up calls to us to ensure that all was well. The staff throughout the hotel were up to the task and executed well! I also very much appreciated the staff's efforts to help in either english or french since my spanish is limited.
I recommend this hotel and would return .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Miramar, overlooking the sea, 20 minutes from airport, 5 minutes from Havana Convention Center. 397 rooms, 4 suites, 12 Junior Suites, 98 Royal Service, sea view with balcony, Full bathroom, Air conditioning, Satellite TV, Safe, Minibar, 220 volts. Restaurants: Italian, Oriental Fusion, Grill, cafeteria and Buffets, 5 bars, Swimming pools with children's area, Babysitting service. Sauna, GYM, Massage, WI-FI Internet in all the hotel, Meeting facilities. Live Music. Free shuttle to old Havana. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Melia Habana Hotel Havana
- Melia Hotel Habana
- Melia Hotel Havana